** Official Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 10, 2007
SPOLIER ALERT

After reading Krazee's replies and referencing Inception, I think to the person really looking at it. You could see it either way you want to. He lived and went to Florence to give Alfred that peace of mind. Or Alfred was just fantasizing like before. It's really up to the person.

Mar 18, 2003
SPOLIER ALERT

After reading Krazee's replies and referencing Inception, I think to the person really looking at it. You could see it either way you want to. He lived and went to Florence to give Alfred that peace of mind. Or Alfred was just fantasizing like before. It's really up to the person.
Subjectively, you can theorize just about any movie to hatch out the way you want it to. You said it yourself, it wasn't until Krazee said something that you even entertained the idea of his death. When the bomb blew up I thought he was dead too. Then I looked at the evidence presented in the film which proved otherwise and when the credits went up there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was alive. I strongly believe Nolan wrote the script with Batman surviving the crash, only to go back and write in small clues to have people like Krazee (or vice versa) thinking he was dead. It's a tool used by directors to have you thinking about the film long after you leave the theater, and to provoke discussion/debates.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
SPOLIER ALERT

But why would Alfred fantasize about him being with Selina Kyle? Alfred never knew her beyond being a maid. If it was Alfred's imagination, then the woman would have most likely been Miranda Tate because he didn't know about her betrayal.

Mar 18, 2003
Forget whatever I said about scenes from the movie and consider this D @dynisty ; why, if Batman was dead, would the following be true:

1. Christian Bale has publicly stated that he would be up for a 4th movie:

My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But ... if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work.
2. Whenever Nolan is interviewed about a potential 4th installment (to which he has stated no on every occasion) he never made mention of Batman being dead. He has given just about every reason other than "...because batman died".

These are both rethorical questions as I'm sure one could surely come up with some kind of reason. But the mere possibility is very telling.

Nov 7, 2006
Like i said, maybe he did just go in as a child or there was more than 1 child born there. I was just pointing out something they had in the movie that helped fuel the idea that Bane was the child that escaped.

She's not 100% in focus because the focus is obviously about Bruce, but it is definitely her.
Without question that is her. but i feel like it was still a very open ending which can go either way. thats all i'm saying.

Are you sure about that? I believe Catwoman told him to eject from the plane over the water and he told her he couldn't because the auto-pilot was broken. Only we found out at the end he had fixed the auto-pilot. It's pretty straight forward.

I think you're reaching and/or want to believe he is dead. And you have Inception all wrong. It is completely ambiguous and certainly not 100% obvious in either direction. I'm not going to argue what happened in that movie because that is not the point, but to say the ending to Inception was "100% obvious" is to contradict the very sentiment that Nolan is great at leaving the endings of these films open to interpretation.

There are only plotholes the moment you refuse to suspend disbelief. And if you are going to do that at all, you might as well turn the movie off after the first wall he kicks through.
So your telling me that his kids stayed the same age and wore the same clothes and did the same movent of running out of focus twice? i dont think so. it was clear after putting shit together what the ending really was but not everyone catches on to shit like that and Nolan knows it. so for most people that is a 50/50 of what happened but going back and looking at details it shows what it really is.

I can care less if he's dead or not i just feel like he died in that plane. too many plotholes if he was alive and not many if he's dead IMO. he looked dead (maybe from blood loss) before the bomb even went off. dude looked like he was dying the entire end fight and i feel something inside him wanted to die saving that city. Wayne has a creepy type of love for that city and your telling me he's going to up and leave and retire. it just doesnt seem likely and shit's never that simple in a Nolan movie. i feel they kept the movie open for whatever ending you want. he could easily be alive or he can easily be dead.

they setup the whole dead thing by Alfred talking about his fantasy that he would always fantasize him being there and that he would've been happy and would've made it. They set it up by Talia stabbing him and twisting the blade right in his ribs. that would kill anyone. and it set it up by them showing him in The Bat seconds before the bomb went off. Shit even alfred called him out on wanting to die saving the city and Alfreds never wrong when it comes to Wayne. also why would selina go on a vacation and live rich when she despised that shit? shit even wayne didnt like it, he mainly used uit as a front so knowone would believe he was batman.

They also easily set it up for him being alive aswell. maybe he did survive that vicious knife wound, maybe he did eject himself out of the air before the bomb went into the ocean. Maybe he really went to italy with some savings he had stashed away off the books.

I honestly think it could go either way and until Nolan says otherwise i think he purposely made it this way.

Jan 25, 2009
also why would selina go on a vacation and live rich when she despised that shit? shit even wayne didnt like it, he mainly used uit as a front so knowone would believe he was batman.
but where in the last scene is shown that they are rich? they just sitting in the caffeteria having drinks, beside Selina didnt steal cuz he despite this but like she said she didnt have a choice, but Wayne said to her 'there is always a choice' so why not go to europe and live like normal people. and wayne/bat,am could die for Gotham cuz he found some1 (robin) who will take over

Nov 7, 2006
but where in the last scene is shown that they are rich? they just sitting in the caffeteria having drinks, beside Selina didnt steal cuz he despite this but like she said she didnt have a choice, but Wayne said to her 'there is always a choice' so why not go to europe and live like normal people. and wayne/bat,am could die for Gotham cuz he found some1 (robin) who will take over
seemed a little fancy to me. i never been to a restraunt that looked that but then again i never been to italy lol. it just seemed completely out of place and Nolan never does that shit.

Mar 18, 2003
So your telling me that his kids stayed the same age and wore the same clothes and did the same movent of running out of focus twice? i dont think so. it was clear after putting shit together what the ending really was but not everyone catches on to shit like that and Nolan knows it. so for most people that is a 50/50 of what happened but going back and looking at details it shows what it really is.
I haven't told you anything about Inception other than the ending was very ambiguous.

I can care less if he's dead or not i just feel like he died in that plane. too many plotholes if he was alive and not many if he's dead IMO. he looked dead (maybe from blood loss) before the bomb even went off. dude looked like he was dying the entire end fight and i feel something inside him wanted to die saving that city. Wayne has a creepy type of love for that city and your telling me he's going to up and leave and retire. it just doesnt seem likely and shit's never that simple in a Nolan movie. i feel they kept the movie open for whatever ending you want. he could easily be alive or he can easily be dead.
Didn't he just leave Gotham and 'retire' for 8 years between TDK and TDKR? And it took someone like Bane to bring him back. Otherwise he would have stayed retired. Further, he left in the first film for 7 years.

I'm not going to make any more statements trying to prove my point. I will however, counter what you say if the evidence states to the contrary.

they setup the whole dead thing by Alfred talking about his fantasy that he would always fantasize him being there and that he would've been happy and would've made it. They set it up by Talia stabbing him and twisting the blade right in his ribs. that would kill anyone. and it set it up by them showing him in The Bat seconds before the bomb went off. Shit even alfred called him out on wanting to die saving the city and Alfreds never wrong when it comes to Wayne. also why would selina go on a vacation and live rich when she despised that shit? shit even wayne didnt like it, he mainly used uit as a front so knowone would believe he was batman.

They also easily set it up for him being alive aswell. maybe he did survive that vicious knife wound, maybe he did eject himself out of the air before the bomb went into the ocean. Maybe he really went to italy with some savings he had stashed away off the books.

I honestly think it could go either way and until Nolan says otherwise i think he purposely made it this way.
This is your theory and we'll leave it at that.

Nov 7, 2006
I haven't told you anything about Inception other than the ending was very ambiguous.

Didn't he just leave Gotham and 'retire' for 8 years between TDK and TDKR? And it took someone like Bane to bring him back. Otherwise he would have stayed retired. Further, he left in the first film for 7 years.

I'm not going to make any more statements trying to prove my point. I will however, counter what you say if the evidence states to the contrary.

This is your theory and we'll leave it at that.
yeah thats all you needed to tell me about inception and obviously you didnt look in to it too much because it's obvious what the ending was once you really look into it.

He didnt retire and never did there was no crime to fight. even blake said they'd be chasing down overdue library cards soon. shit even wayne said batman wasnt needed in those times. just doesnt make sense he would up and leave the city.

i figured we were just having a good argument, didnt know i was bothering you.

Aug 16, 2003
SPOILERS

Ok...yall wanna know what really happened? Batmant is alive....you know what saved him? It wasnt autopilot or some random dream sequence...it was

SUPERMAN!!! He flew in before the movie started during the trailers into space...flew around for a bit...looked down...saw what was going on then swooped into save Batman/ the day. He also is how Bruce got from BFE whole in the ground prison back to Gotham undetected and how he ended up with Catwoman at the end in France.

Shit its a comic book movie hah. Let it be a comic book and just go with that lol. For what it is,,its one of the best movies to come out this year,

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Second viewing of TDKR >>> First viewing of TDKR

I just saw it again today, but this time in IMAX. Wow. I enjoyed it even more this time. I think I may prefer this one to TDK. I already want to go see it again in IMAX. Shit. Who wants to go?
I gotta watch it again but this time on IMAX with a couple of mates. Should I smoke some og before I go in or will it amaze me all by itself?

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
Watched it again, regular screen instead of IMAX though.

IMAX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Batman definitely didn't have any time to eject at the end, so he definitely died.....BUT every single other piece of information says that he survived. Which makes no sense, but that's what the "facts" say based on what you actually see and hear in the movie.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
how can you guys say that he actually died? lol

the last time you saw him it was just a close up of his face, you cant prove he was in the bat or not. then they stressed the autopilot a bunch of times.

he shot that building to make a big ass distraction, probably jumped out at that point, then auto-piloted that bat to take the bomb far away