** Official Batman 3 - The Dark Knight Rises Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Christopher Nolan’s Third Batman Film Will Be Titled ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ and Will NOT Feature The Riddler

Posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 by David Chen

In an interview published minutes ago, director Christopher Nolan revealed that the title of the third Batman film will be The Dark Knight Rises. He also gave scant details about the plot and direction of the third film. Hit the jump to find out what (little) we know.
The news comes from Geoff Boucher over at Hero Complex, who was able to score a coveted interview with the secretive director. “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said of the third film’s villain, squashing earlier rumors and speculation to the contrary. He also noted, “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” a fairly self-evident yet cryptic statement.
Evidently, Boucher and Nolan also chatted about convincing Warner Brothers to go with IMAX instead of 3D for the film, which I find incredibly encouraging. Boucher says that information will be made available later today. We’ll update you guys when we hear about it.
Is anyone sad to see the Riddler eliminated from contention? Note that Nolan already took Mr. Freeze out of the running back in March. Also, what do you guys think of the title? Despite re-using the entire title of the second film, I think it has a nice poetic ring to it.
:::

Jul 24, 2005
If this is Nolan's last Batman movie, then he should bring back Ra's al Ghul & bring in Talia Al Ghul would make perfect sense to bring things full circle

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I'd like to see a Joker copycat character I hope 2face aint really dead. and its just Batman kicking ass. Maybe throw black mask in there. Have Batman go through a montauge of villians and at the end be like job is never done but there is an order to the chaos at the end..

Feb 23, 2005
nep.503
not really feelin the title, but i'm sure it will grow on me. i'd like to see black mask and riddler, but i guess he didnt make the cut. i could care less for catwoman, bring back two face, im sure he prolly just chillin in arkham. dead or alive.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The title is similar in vein with the Frank Miller comics the film's story has contained elements of.

The Dark Knight Returns and The Dark Knight Strikes Again are the titles I'm referring to.

Batman is seen only as a villain/vigilante in the eyes of Gotham City citizens and all hell has broken loose, which was set up at the end of TDK.

The Joker wasn't a big part of the continuity of those titles, but Two-Face, Robin, Catwoman and the old Justice League was. There was also a group called the Sons of Batman(SOB) that were converts of an old Joker gang.

I'm certain he won't be adding any other DC heroes to the mix for the finale, but I got a feeling that he's going to set up a future Gotham full of immorality and frivolous people like in those comics.

The Nolan story is headed right in that direction.

Just something to think about.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
R'as notoriously comes back from the dead on many occasions, but in The Dark Knight Returns

*COMIC BOOK SPOILER*

[HIDE-POSTS]The Joker in The Dark Knight Strikes Again turns out to be Dick Grayson, the former Robin. In The Dark Knight Returns, Batman kills the original Joker for good.[/HIDE-POSTS]

Though none of that is possible since the Batman in Nolan's films is Christian Bale and not middle aged.

The portion of those stories he will likely use are the retirement of Batman and/or the "death" of Batman, but I think they might have adapted that arc in TDK when Gordon "dies" to go undercover.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Christopher Nolan Speaks About Avoiding 3D For ‘The Dark Knight Rises’

Posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 by Russ Fischer

Today’s biggest film news was, without a doubt, the announcement that Christopher Nolan has titled the third Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, and that the film will not shoot in 3D or be released in post-converted fashion. Now there are a few more quotes from the director about his choice of presentation for the film, and they suggest wonderful things about what we might eventually see.
The LA Times once again has the scoop here, and Mr. Nolan told the paper that he wants this third film to “carry on with that look and feel” of The Dark Knight, specifically with respect to the “large canvas and operatic sweep” of his Batman blockbuster. That’s one of the core reasons that the film will shoot and be presented in flat IMAX format rather than 3D. Another issue is the fact that 3D presents a more dim image than a traditional projection.
But that’s not even the good bit. The good bit comes in his expansion of that comment:
There’s an intimacy at times [with spatial illusion of the 3D effect] and we want didn’t want to lose scale… our ambitions for the third movie is to complete a story that has begun. This is not starting over, this not rebooting… We’re looking to do something technologically that’s never been done before… Our ambitions are to make a great movie.
The idea of consistency is wonderful, especially with respect to the visual side of the films. I’ve long maintained that Wally Pfister‘s cinematography is one of the key components that makes the Nolan Batman films stand out — working together, Nolan and Pfister have a calm, penetrating gaze that is unlike any other in mainstream action films.
But it’s the suggestion of scale that really gets to me. Some of the shots in The Dark Knight communicate scale in a spectacular fashion, and without the flashiness that is often seen in similar films. Together with that title, I’m picturing a film that isn’t only operatic and huge, but may actually be optimistic. The Dark Knight Rises isn’t just a play on the fourth chapter of Frank Miller’s original Dark Knight series (the chapter was called The Dark Knight Falls) but a promise of a rebirth for the character, and of a triumphant finish for this expanded storyline.

The last sentence is exactly in line with what I think. That's awesome.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Hans Zimmer Talks ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ And ‘Superman’ Reboot

Posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 by Germain Lussier

Though Hans Zimmer has yet to officially sign on to score Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, he does have a meeting scheduled with the director to discuss it. That’s just one of the tidbits revealed in a new interview with the composer who is also scheduled to write music for the upcoming Sherlock Holmes 2, Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. In addition, Zimmer discusses his working relationship with Nolan – one that’s different from most other director/composer relationships - as well as what he would do if asked to score Zack Snyder’s Superman, which Nolan is also producing. Read Zimmer’s thoughts after the jump.
In an interview with NBC San Diego (who are obviously staying classy), Zimmer said that Nolan was “going to come over next week” to start talking Batman. “We start early,” he said. “I know he’s puttering around with ideas, and we sort of sneak up on things.”
That lead Zimmer into discussing his free-flowing working relationship with Nolan, which doesn’t exactly center on music, but more on story, and the freedom the filmmaker affords him:
Working with Chris, he gives me all the freedom in the world and encourages me to go and be daring and unusual and crazy and all those sorts of things and be able to be the sort of emotional center of the film. It’s very give and take. I’ll start long before he starts shooting. Our conversations start there and it goes both ways: we just have conversations about the movie and less about what the music has to do, and it really comes out of that, whereby I felt that there was a real emotional core to be had and that that was something that the music had to do and I hung on that for dear life.
The interviewer then asked Zimmer if whomever ends up scoring Zack Snyder’s Superman should reuse John Williams’ classic theme. Personally, I say yes, it’s one of the best themes ever. But Hans Zimmer doesn’t agree with me. Who does he think he is, Hans Zimmer or something?
It’s a hard one, but I followed one of the most iconic things on ‘Batman’ with Chris as well, and it’s the same thing. You are allowed to reinvent, but you have to try to be as good or at least as iconic and it has to resonate and it has to become a part of the zeitgeist. That’s the job. On ‘Gladiator’ I remember people always talking about ‘Spartacus’ and I kept telling them, ‘When you saw ‘Spartacus’ and how it affected it you, that’s how I want a modern audience to be affected by what we do now.’ So I think ultimately you’re supposed to reinvent.
In the coming months, Zimmer is sure to get a tons of questions, about The Dark Knight Rises in particular, as his score for Inception will surely bring him to several red carpet celebrations. Do you agree with him on Superman though? And how do you feel he and collaborator James Newton Howard could possibly evolve and improve upon The Dark Knight?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Supposedly he died at the end of TDK, and it makes sense. nobody can survive a burn like that without treatment and based in Nolan's reality-based world, there's no way he COULD survive for much longer than the end of the movie.

If he did return, he would have facial reconstructive surgery and be "back to normal".

That's also part of The Dark Knight Returns story.

[HIDE-POSTS]Despite having funded all of Harvey's facial reconstruction and rehabilitation, Two-face reemerges from within and returns Harvey to a life of crime.[/HIDE-POSTS]

Plus that article was from 2008 and Nolan intentionally made the ending of TDK ambiguous for the Harvey Dent character.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
a rebirth for batman? tf?
Think in terms of his popularity among the citizens of Gotham City. That's also part of The Dark Knight Strikes Again comic book.

he could start over fresh with the character after that and continue to make Batman movies without having to interlink each one to Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. Think in terms of three plot-tied films in a row and starting over with a new three film story arc instead of "oh you remeber what happened in 5 was set up in 4 and hinted at in 3", etc.

maybe Scarlett Johansson or Megan Fox could be Catwoman
Please no. I'm a firm believer that the Rachel Dawes character should have always been Maggie Gyllenhaal.

There's something normal about her that made her fit in completely with Nolan's take on Gotham City. Katie Holmes didn't do it for me, though she is much more attractive.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Please no. I'm a firm believer that the Rachel Dawes character should have always been Maggie Gyllenhaal.

There's something normal about her that made her fit in completely with Nolan's take on Gotham City. Katie Holmes didn't do it for me, though she is much more attractive.
shes old foo I think Katie Holmes was a better Rachael yes Maggie does have more acting expirience and she has the charisma to Racheals character but she looks old if she was younger maybe

also whats the deal with Barbara being the wife of Comitiner Gordon? isn't she his daugter and later becomes batgirl?