Official Angels 2012 Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
Nice early lead, but Angels defense has been absolute shit all season. Two straight errors
In my book, that was an error by Aybar. He had a play at 3rd and 1st with Panda's slow speed

Sep 15, 2009
Lmao his gut is getting in the way of the kid's view.

Another series won for the Halos! Trumbo stays beasting and Weaver had a really good return. It's looking like Jerome Williams will get sent down. He passed out in the locker room after he pitched Monday or whenever, and was taken to the hospital. A bad break for him because he's had 2 bad starts while Garret Richardson has been lights out and now with Weavers return... minor leagues it is.

Too bad Rangers just got done with the Padres and had an easy sweep. I can't wait to play them again.

In other news, where the fuck was I when it was announced that the Houston Astros were coming to the AL West next season?! I heard on the radio last week but I'm sure I'm waaay late on that news

Sep 15, 2009
This article is from November 2011

Houston Astros sale, move to American League approved by MLB
Houston Astros were sold to businessman Jim Crane by Drayton McLane. In 2013, the Houston Astros will move to the American League West Division.

By Reuters / November 17, 2011

Jim Crane addresses the media during a news conference after the baseball owner's meeting Thursday, Nov. 17, in Milwaukee. Baseball owners unanimously approved the sale of the Houston Astros from Drayton McLane to Crane. The Astros will move from the NL Central to the AL West beginning in the 2013 season, giving each league 15 teams.

Morry Gash/AP

About these ads
Major League Baseball (MLB) owners have approved the sale of the Houston Astros as part of a deal that will see the National League Central Division club move to the American League West for the 2013 season.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed but a report on the Astros website on Thursday said Drayton McLane, who has owned the club since 1992, sold the team to a group headed by Houston businessman Jim Crane for $610 million.

"I welcome Jim Crane and his group as they prepare to become the new stewards of the Astros," MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement.

RELATED: Baseball lovers, test your World Series IQ

"I thank them for their patience and determination throughout a long but necessary process, which allowed us to accomplish our due diligence."

Under McLane, who put the team up for sale last November, the Astros have experienced some of the greatest moments in the franchise's history, including winning the NL pennant in 2005 and the opening of Minute Maid Park in 2000.

Houston's eventual move to the AL West will put them in a division with cross-state rival Texas Rangers, the Oakland Athletics, Los Angeles Angels and Seattle Mariners.

It will also mark MLB's first realignment since the Milwaukee Brewers moved from the AL Central to the NL Central before the 1998 season.

When the Astros switch divisions, MLB will have 15 clubs in each league and five clubs in each of its six divisions for the first time.

Sep 15, 2009
I really want to go to the games this weekend but got too much family shit (birthdays) going on that requires spending money. Its fun tailgating and talking shit with Doyer fans

Sep 15, 2009
Fuckin Texas won't lose and when they do, so do we. Its all good because we just won another series and even sweeter that it was against the Doyers. We just need to keep winning series' and we will be in first eventually