Official Angels 2012 Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
Great game by Angels yesterday. They hit the shit out of the ball and Weaver pitched like a Cy Young candidate. Fuckin Santana already gave up a run. Let's pray for a solid game by him

Sep 15, 2009
I don't get it. I really don't. Sciocia sucks Santanas dick more than anyone on the team. He hasn't dropped him to the minors. Fuck, he hasn't even missed one start! Hasn't been benched once. Ridiculous

Sep 15, 2009
I'm glad we won the series against Texas but it sucks we only gained 1 game on them. A sweep would've been a 3 game gain. Good news is we have Royals tonight and Texas has it tougher with Boston. Maybe we'll gain another 2 games

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Yea,something is up with ervin,his command just isnt there,seems kind of distracted!..i say Send Santana down to get his confidence back,and re call up that young cat Mills I say! He threw pretty decent his last outing! Him also being a southpaw is a big plus,we need more lefties on the mound,especially a starter!

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
get rid of Santana mayb go after Greinke for another starter Santana jus not cutting it right now i think hes lost his shit for the real maybe send him to minors or something till he learns hiw shit again but good win overall wish we could have taken all 3 from Rangers but we play them in 9 days again so lets jus win these games an goto TX an take all 3 games an close the gap and one more thing fucking Trout def is the future of the angels an so is Trumbo i think we should Keep Peter as well

Sep 15, 2009
FUCK YEAH!!!

The Milwaukee Brewers have traded right-hander Zack Greinke to the Los Angeles Angels for shortstop Jean Segura and two Double-A pitchers.

Greinke is 9-3 with a 3.44 ERA this season.

The Brewers acquired Segura, the Angels' top position-player prospect, along with Double-A pitchers John Hellweg and Ariel Pena. The move further depletes an Angels farm system that was already thin in high-level prospects.

More on the Angels

For more news, notes and analysis of the Angels, check out Mark Saxon's blog »

Before the trade was completed, Angels manager Mike Scioscia indicated the Angels have a need for pitching. Ervin Santana is 4-10 with a 6.00 ERA and Dan Haren (7-8, 4.76 ERA) missed nearly three weeks with lower-back inflammation. Greinke likely will fill the rotation spot of rookie Garrett Richards Sunday against the Tampa Bay Rays.

"No matter how deep your rotation is or how deep your bullpen is, the heartbeat of your club is your rotation and the bullpen has to be able to hold leads," Scioscia said. "So, if you can acquire depth there, you're always looking to do it."

One source with knowledge of Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto's thinking speculated that the Angels might feel they have a good shot at re-signing Greinke this off-season. They will owe him $5.15 million for the remainder of this season.

"I've got to think Jerry thinks he's got a good shot at it," the source said.

Dipoto has proven active in his first season on the job, landing free agents Albert Pujols, C.J. Wilson and LaTroy Hawkins for a total of roughly $330 million over the winter.

Then, when the Angels' bullpen was struggling badly in early May, he landed reliever Ernesto Friero from the San Diego Padres in exchange for infielder Alexi Amarista and minor-league pitcher Donn Roach.

Frieri quickly established himself as the Angels closer, going 11 for 11 in save chances and striking out 51 batters in 29 1/3 innings.

The Angels likely will move Santana to the bullpen and decide between Richards and Jerome Williams for their fifth-starter role.

Hellweg, who has a high-90s fastball, is 5-10 with a 3.38 ERA and Pena is 6-6 with a 2.99 ERA.

Greinke pitched three straight starts for the Brewers around the All-Star break -- he was ejected in the first inning of a July 7 game at Houston, started again the next day and then pitched the Brewers' first game after the break.

The Brewers then scrubbed Greinke from his next start, saying the odd stretch of starts had taken him out of his routine and worn him down.

Greinke returned to the mound in Philadelphia on Tuesday, giving up a run and three hits in seven innings -- but the Brewers still found a way to lose the game.

ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark and ESPNLosAngeles.com's Mark Saxon contributed to this report.