New Mortal Kombat?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Per Jeri Ryan . . .

"Okay, so... Mortal Kombat," she tweets. "It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film."

Ryan said she did her role as a favor to a friend. "No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was," she adds. I can tell you what my reaction was: stoked.

Mar 4, 2007
this new movie is gunna be sick i just spoke to one of the dudes whos close to this project and its gunna be dope..no release date for it yet and its not done yet so lets see what happens

Feb 7, 2006
it's dark, cool, but other then that is ass. They shouldn't take out the mystical shit in it. All they gotta do is make shang tsung a necromancer and have jax and sonya as part of a special ops team -not police- researching these rare killings and weird shit like a Moulder and scully that kick ass. And have the Asian characters like Liu Kang and shit move to America to look for shang tsung because his clan has been fighting this sort of shit for centuries. Basically, it's not that hard to keep the lore on track. Instead of different realms they just practice dark arts, which could explain alot of shit.

Sep 29, 2003
^^yea i see what you are on to...im not sure if you understood that it is a reboot or re-imagining of the film. They can make it anyway they want and it seems they are making it like everybody is from earth, and not other planets and the netherworld.....There is a ton of buzz around this not just here but on a couple other forums i frequent....

I just read that this is being delayed by a lawsuit because apparently the company that made the first 2 films wants a piece of the action or somethin like that....I'll try and find a link...

I have a feeling it is a long way away..

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i dig the fuck out of it. this is more reality based. fuck sages and witchcraft boolchit. making it like this makes it seem more along the lines of something that is possible to happen

May 31, 2007
I hope they keep this shit that gruesome and dont fuck with it to avoid a mature rating (like Adult and shit). Looks like itll be sick as fuck. the only thing I didnt like is that when Johnny Cage had Baraka in an armbar, he coulda just shot out his blade and killed him right there. I understand that they were making it like a actual fight scene, but the whole time it was like....dude. he coulda been dead a million fucking times He has blades.. IN HIS HANDS

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
I hope they keep this shit that gruesome and dont fuck with it to avoid a mature rating (like Adult and shit). Looks like itll be sick as fuck. the only thing I didnt like is that when Johnny Cage had Baraka in an armbar, he coulda just shot out his blade and killed him right there. I understand that they were making it like a actual fight scene, but the whole time it was like....dude. he coulda been dead a million fucking times He has blades.. IN HIS HANDS
And no split crotch punch.. WTF>?!

I wonder how they're going to pull off Sub Zero and the whole freezing thing...

If Goro isn't in it.. Not seeing it.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
baraka....im mixed about...the dreads really throw me off....but id rather see him like that than running around in some mask of the baraka from the games
I'm with you. What I'm thinking is that the actor who plays Baraka in this video wasn't willing to cut his dreads for a short feature like this. If WB greenlights the project and they keep the same actor, then he'll be getting paid to cut his dreads. By the way, I believe the actor's name is Lateef Crowder. He played the capoeira fighter on that Tony Jaa movie, Tom Yum Goong (aka The Protector.)

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Nov 8, 2007
-They shot the short film over two days on two RED cameras

-Started in early April and it took 2 months to do the post production.
-Most people donated their time. The short was made for $7,500
Knew if he was going to get a chance at a genre picture, he’d have to show he could do it on his own.
-This is a calling card for a chance at making the next Mortal Kombat feature film and it’s his vision for how he’d do it.
No one at any studio knew he was doing the short
Oren Uziel wrote the short. He’s currently listed on IMDb to write the next Mortal Kombat movie at Warner Bros.
-Says he wants to make a movie that balances the real world with the mysticism and the special powers.
-Compares it to the way Harry Potter exists in two worlds. As in there are two universes that coexist with each other.
Confirms “fatalities” are definitely in his movie. He wants to put them in the tournament in an “organic way”
-Definitely would use “get over here” (the classic line from the game)
-Michael Jai White plays Jax Briggs in the short and he’d definitely be a part of the feature.
-Says Scorpion is the bad guy and will stay a bad guy
-They only had 4 hours to shoot the big fight scene
^^^ for those that dont read.