Lost Leaders out of Baltimore.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
that was cool but a lot of these hoppers sound like anything but a baltimore cat and being from baltimore a lot of these hoppers are not reppin their hood at all I swear I don't know where half of these kids are from on the real and half of are just internet rappers, seriously og dutch is the only one in town that's name is buzzing
Regional sounds are dying out in general. All you need is the internet to know about you to blow up these days.

Jul 24, 2005
agreed but baltimore is a town that damn near everybody know each other, that's why I said if you're not buzzing in the streets not too many cats are going to fuck what'cha prime example bossman he was cool until he started reppin that dmv bs and false claiming a hood he was not from & other bs that got that man rob butt ass naked

Jul 24, 2005
I can tell you one thing they are not from the city they look like they are from woodlawn or baltimore county but they sound like everybody else right now

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
naw im from vallejo

XXL decided to strike while the bmore iron is hot after the SB & do a list of "rappers you should know", I've only heard of one of them?? H @heyzel is this list as full of shit as i think it is?
10 Baltimore Rappers That You Need to Know - XXL
Scratching my head - Baltimore is a bit of a black hole to me, but surely one would think they would include these guys in this list, and they didn't

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2005
naw im from vallejo

XXL decided to strike while the bmore iron is hot after the SB & do a list of "rappers you should know", I've only heard of one of them?? H @heyzel is this list as full of shit as i think it is?
10 Baltimore Rappers That You Need to Know - XXL[/QU out of half of those

comp is the only one worth a damn the rest of them like I never heard of before skar is cool but I just can't get into his music maybe it's his voice & delivery

Jul 24, 2005
Scratching my head - Baltimore is a bit of a black hole to me, but surely one would think they would include these guys in this list, and they didn't

see baltimore/ our problem is it's no unity at all & the younging don't know how to repp it right because it been no one that paved the way I blame Kevin Liles for that it's no way in hell he was at the position at def jam to at least have one rapper from baltimore to be on

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
well i bet he's the reason why comp had some kind of deal like a decade ago, his marketing budget must have been nonexistent tho because i never heard of him before that list

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
see baltimore/ our problem is it's no unity at all & the younging don't know how to repp it right because it been no one that paved the way I blame Kevin Liles for that it's no way in hell he was at the position at def jam to at least have one rapper from baltimore to be on
For a city that size, there has been surprisingly little hip-hop music to make it out of it. Not even rappers that are underground but with an established following the way the Bay and Northern California have been doing it for a long time. Strange.

DC hasn't done much better, BTW.

Jul 24, 2005
For a city that size, there has been surprisingly little hip-hop music to make it out of it. Not even rappers that are underground but with an established following the way the Bay and Northern California have been doing it for a long time. Strange.

DC hasn't done much better, BTW.
that's because the music industry looks at the baltimore dc area as just regional music that they can't make money off

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
that's because the music industry looks at the baltimore dc area as just regional music that they can't make money off
But they did make a lot of money from regional music in the past, for example in New Orleans

And that's not all I was saying, I made the point that most other larger cities have at the very least produced underground artists that have built a stable following even if they never successfully transitioned to the majors, and most of them also developed a regional style. The Baltimore/DC area is one of the exceptions, and the biggest one in terms of population size