Is anybody else tired of people sayin hyphy is like crunk?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2004
hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk hyphy is like crunk

ummm... yer thread is crunk

D

DaSlimReaper

pill belamy said:
cuz it aint its hella different..and why would you say that shit anyway when we tryin to create our own identity in this rap game???
I feel the same way cuzzo..

Jan 17, 2006
ThiZZmAtiC510 said:
i think they're trying to say that its similar in terms of the energy not the actual sound. but yea it really is hella annoying to hear that either way...
but really tho the energy aint da same....

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
well i know it isn't the same but I've yet to see anybody explain how it is different succesfully without sounding hella wrong

D

DaSlimReaper

jayda650 said:
well i know it isn't the same but I've yet to see anybody explain how it is different succesfully without sounding hella wrong

^^Hyphy energy is applied more to the turf (Turf dancing, ghost riding, gettin hella thizzed out and huridin, etc.) while Crunk strikes me as just club shit(Jumping up and down in a club, gettin drunk and actin a fool, etc..) The energy is applied differently and is unique to the Bay Area setting.

Jan 14, 2006
i dont really give a shit when peeps refer to them as the same, cause seriously, thats the only way to explain it to peeps sometimes. when I was in socal, these bitches heard me playin "tell me when to go" in my car, and when I got up out da car, bitches was like "hey, how do I get hyphy? I wanna get hyphy".....*smh* i seriously wanted to slap them bitches cause I wasn't even finna try to explain dat shit to dem.

Dec 5, 2005
dR3 VaN HaL3n said:
when I was in socal, these bitches heard me playin "tell me when to go" in my car, and when I got up out da car, bitches was like "hey, how do I get hyphy? I wanna get hyphy".....*smh* i seriously wanted to slap them bitches cause I wasn't even finna try to explain dat shit to dem.
hahaha beezies be askin me that shit all the time but i be tryna let em kno wsup