Inception

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
Great movie, possibly movie of the year but I really enjoyed The Town also... tough call, Inception with a slight edge just because it's a much bolder and unique movie. Nolan is one of my favorites.

thebrain

@HuseyinTheBrain
Feb 16, 2008
Sacramento, CA
www.BrainChildMedia.com
I thought the movie was brilliant. I watched it last week and wanted to comment on it while it was still fresh in my mind but I didn't have the time. The acting was great, and I thought Gordon-Levitt was perfectly cast for this role. Christopher Nolan has really outdone himself with this film. Everyone has different taste and opinions on what is good and bad, and even though almost everyone thought the movie was great, I simply thought it was even better. IMO this movie is a 10/10. Also the score = 10/10.

I think this movie takes such great risks that it is impossible to be flawless. I left thinking there were some aspects of the film that I didn't think to highly of, for example, they spent very little time explaining how exactly they have made it possible for two people to be in the same dream, interacting with one another. But sometimes you just have to take things at face value and know that there are much bigger things going on.

As for the ending, I'm content in believing that he is back to reality with his kids. Because for me, it wasn't until the top was seen spinning on the table that there was any indication otherwise. I think Nolan did that just to leave the thought resinating in peoples minds when they left the theater. He even had the top wobble a bit to make it that much more difficult to tell. You take out the last 30 seconds of the movie and I don't think people are debating it nearly as much.

I had some other questions and comments about the film but I forgot. I'd really have to watch it again to go further into it.

It seems a lot of people are afraid to rank movies to high for whatever reason. I don't give a fuck, though. This is one of the top few movies I've seen in the past decade. And it's easy for me to say that.
you have to watch it again. the movie really picks up the pace the last 30 minutes. from what others are analyzing the film... the question isn't "is Leo still dreaming"... it's that Leo is happy in the last scene.

as for the top/totem... it's probably real... no top wobbles like that and stays spinning upright

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
anyone cop the Blu Ray yet? i got mines in the mail today and gonna watch it later
I copped it today. Target had the Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital Copy combo pack advertised for $17.99 so I snagged an ad and went over to Best Buy and got them to price match it.

I can't wait to watch it again...probably will this weekend.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Rented this last night and I gave it a 5 out of 5, one of the best movies I have seen ever.

The ending is very open to interpretation but one thing I need to go back and look at again is when Cobb goes to India or wherever that is to meet Yusuf ( the scientist who made the compound ) and he goes under to test the compound when he wakes up he goes to the bathroom and throws water on his face and goes to spin the top but I believe it fell and then Saito walks in and asks if he is ok, Cobb says he is fine but never spun the top. Now I am wondering if he ever spun the top again in reality after that moment besides the ending?

Feb 26, 2006
you have to watch it again. the movie really picks up the pace the last 30 minutes. from what others are analyzing the film... the question isn't "is Leo still dreaming"... it's that Leo is happy in the last scene.

as for the top/totem... it's probably real... no top wobbles like that and stays spinning upright
You have to remember that it wasn't his totem though, it was his wife's. She's the only person who's going to have the "true feel" if it's a dream or not.

thebrain

@HuseyinTheBrain
Feb 16, 2008
Sacramento, CA
www.BrainChildMedia.com
You have to remember that it wasn't his totem though, it was his wife's. She's the only person who's going to have the "true feel" if it's a dream or not.
not 100% true. it doesn't matter "who's totem it is/was"... it matters whoever got a good grasp of it when they weren't dreaming. that way the architecture of the dream would have no idea how the totem would feel and weigh. as long as only 1 person knows how the totem feels and is the same 1 who possesses the totem, the purpose of the top totem works

another thing to think about. we don't see Leo care too much about the totem after he spins it. he's like who cares! i get to see my kids again, and their faces! who cares if it's a dream or not