Inception

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
what you think about Nolan stealing the concept from duck tales haha

"One of the surest tests [of the superiority or inferiority of a poet] is the way in which a poet borrows. Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better."

-T.S. Eliot

Jul 27, 2009
Good point iaoish. But i dont think we find out where he got his totem from. I always thought Cobb was spinning the totem in Mal's safe, while she was in reality, twisting her understanding of reality. However, why Cobb does this is still confusing for me. I need another viewing, or an explanation of why Cobb was spinning Mal's totem while she was alive.

I also can't accept that when Mal killed herself she was getting out of the dream, she was bat shit crazy, but maybe i am wrong.

@Mcthuggin- lol your last statement doesnt make sense. He got the totem in reality therefore he cant bring it in a dream?

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1939234
no i said he cant bring it out of the dream world so he must of gotten it from the real world

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^fuck, was just about to post that. i think because Cobb picks it up the night she dies (in reality), that he's able to still make it a legit totem. The point is not what is/isnt reality, but which would you (Cobb) rather live in? Ive seen it twice now and both times this movie sticks with me. EverReadyT9X i agree with the disappointment in the focus on Cobb's conflict, rather than the entire storyline itself.

May 14, 2002
Did someone else experience a flickering white mouse pointer somewhere in 3 quarter in the movie?

Or did someone in the theater mess up?

Feb 17, 2006
Lol.... that was the theatre fucking up..

God damn you Nolan, I want to lean on the side of him being in reality but its a toss-up. Cobb woke up after he died from being stabbed by Mal in Limbo again, but much time has passed. I would assume that Saito kills him and then himself, they wake up.

I still don't understand why there was so much time between Cobb returning to Limbo after Mal killed him. Maybe dying in Limbo just fucks it up..

Jul 27, 2009
i cant wait for the Blu Ray. hopefully they'll have a Best Buy Exclusive with a totem or something just like District 9 had the bulletproof vest. ill happily spend extra for a special edition

Mar 18, 2003
I thought the movie was brilliant. I watched it last week and wanted to comment on it while it was still fresh in my mind but I didn't have the time. The acting was great, and I thought Gordon-Levitt was perfectly cast for this role. Christopher Nolan has really outdone himself with this film. Everyone has different taste and opinions on what is good and bad, and even though almost everyone thought the movie was great, I simply thought it was even better. IMO this movie is a 10/10. Also the score = 10/10.

I think this movie takes such great risks that it is impossible to be flawless. I left thinking there were some aspects of the film that I didn't think to highly of, for example, they spent very little time explaining how exactly they have made it possible for two people to be in the same dream, interacting with one another. But sometimes you just have to take things at face value and know that there are much bigger things going on.

As for the ending, I'm content in believing that he is back to reality with his kids. Because for me, it wasn't until the top was seen spinning on the table that there was any indication otherwise. I think Nolan did that just to leave the thought resinating in peoples minds when they left the theater. He even had the top wobble a bit to make it that much more difficult to tell. You take out the last 30 seconds of the movie and I don't think people are debating it nearly as much.

I had some other questions and comments about the film but I forgot. I'd really have to watch it again to go further into it.

It seems a lot of people are afraid to rank movies to high for whatever reason. I don't give a fuck, though. This is one of the top few movies I've seen in the past decade. And it's easy for me to say that.

Jul 27, 2009
looks like it finally went down in the box office. 7mil last weekend. but it made 262mil just in the US alone. 619 million worldwide, breh.

DiCaprio decided not to get paid before and get a percentage of the gross instead. he's made over 50 million just for this movie. smart man