2014 Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Angels fans yall still aint gonna catch us cuz yall have a much more difficult schedule remaining. Man am i happy that we actually making moves at the deadline instead of not doing anything like last season. Cespedes numbers were declining more and more. Hes not that good of a contact hitter and that matters more in the postseason. Sam Fuld should provide a better OBP% with us

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2005
whats gonna get the clubhouse more hyped... Cespedes walking around with his two HR derby titles.. or two world series rings being showed off (lester & gomes).

lester needs to go in there and show it off and let everyone know... this is what im here for... lets fucking go out there and take this shit!

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Its sad to see him go. And its very possible there is something about yo that we dont know. Last game he seemed to be favoring his thumb a lot after his ab's...Most pitchers know how to pitch him now too.

Angels fans gotta be excited because cespedes wont make them pay for their lousy ass base running.

Ive doubted the decisions of the organization before and its always made me feel dumb afterwords. Its all or nothing now

Apr 25, 2002
Cespedes is a popular player, not a great player.

Aside from his arm, his defense has been terrible. He went from being a 5 tool center fielder his rookie year to a guy that won't even play the position when the two CFs are banged up (really, his own actions probably forced the moves today.) Platoons in the outfield will likely produce more consistently, and in return they get one of the 10 best pitchers baseball with a great track record in the postseason.

I saw a headline today that summed it up best, "A's Win Lester Sweepstakes, Sox Get HR Derby Champ."

It's fun to watch his highlight reel throws, not fun to see him boot the balls that lead to them. It's fun to watch him hit home runs, not fun to watch him strike out swinging at every chest high fastball and slider low and away.

I like the guy and was excited when they signed him in the first place, but the team is better today than it was yesterday.

May 9, 2002
Saw this posted on the Seattle Times blog. This guy has too many rainbows and unicorns up his ass:

nw4ever55 5 minutes ago
Good moves by Z. Franklin was basically done here with the Cano trade and Z got a good OFer for him. And we got a good platoon OF for another chip that didn't have a home here in Almonte. The young arms are still here and now they can concentrate on an upgrade at 1B in the off-season. Very, very good job by Z. And to think the A's got much weaker offensively and won't have Lester next year, there very well could have been a shift in the balance of power in the A.L. West today.

Apr 25, 2002
Cespedes has pop, but I like what the outfield could look like without him...

Cespedes vs. Lefties: .232 AVG/.319 OBP/.455 SLG/.774 OPS
Cespedes vs. Righties: .263 AVG/.298 OBP/.467 SLG/.765 OPS

OF vs. Lefties:
LF - Jonny Gomes .302 AVG/.400 OBP/.431 SLG/.831 OPS
CF - Sam Fuld .300 AVG/.390 OBP/.440 SLG/.830 OPS
RF - Brandon Moss .276 AVG/.353 OBP/.461 SLG/.814 OPS

OF vs. Righties
LF - Stephen Vogt .365 AVG/.396 OBP/.524 SLG/.920 OPS
CF - Coco Crisp .282 AVG/.397 OBP/.426 SLG/.823 OPS
RF - Josh Reddick .287 AVG/.340 OBP/.503 SLG/.843 OPS

May 2, 2009
All the fair weather fans are mad, but this is a good deal when you look at the numbers, stats and logistics. We're in this to win it ALL this year. Cespedes was gone after next year anyway, it's essentially a rental for a rental in Lester and Ces. Cespedes' numbers had been declining recently. On top of that, when you look at his overall numbers you begin to realize that he isn't THAT special. Moss and Donaldson have been more potent thus far in the season in terms of offense. He's a .250 career hitter with power. Lot's of guys like that out there... Granted his arm will be missed, but Gomes isn't too far off from being a decent replacement. Plus with the batting stats against 'Righties & Lefties' posted above, you begin to see the potentially potent set up with our outfielders when they platoon their postitions... Bats can be replaced, pitching... Not so easily..

Last edited:

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
lol Dont Act Brah,..u understood what i said! and yea we have to play some good teams still,..but at least the ‪‎Angels‬ don't have to face Lester, Lackey or Peavy in 7 August games Vs. Boston. and we just got done playing Detroit so no David Price! But more than that, the Angels have a few bright spots ahead in the schedule because of the trades that occurred today. They have three games with the Rays this weekend and none of them will also be against David Price. They don't face the Tigers any more this season so the Price is Right for them there, too!...The Angels do have ten games against the Athletics left and will inevitably face Lester, but Halo pitchers and baserunners get out of ten games with Yoenis Cespedes... except that the Angels have seven games against the Red Sox in August and Cespedes will be there... but Lester, John Lackey and Jake Peavy will not.

Did the A's get better today? Eh.... maybe a little,but Franchise future wise , they choked again, thus the name Chockland A's,... but the schedule ahead ensures the Angels of a world without Lackey, Peavy and Price....Pretty nice!

May 2, 2009
lol Dont Act Brah,..u understood what i said! and yea we have to play some good teams still,..but at least the ‪‎Angels‬ don't have to face Lester, Lackey or Peavy in 7 August games Vs. Boston. and we just got done playing Detroit so no David Price! But more than that, the Angels have a few bright spots ahead in the schedule because of the trades that occurred today. They have three games with the Rays this weekend and none of them will also be against David Price. They don't face the Tigers any more this season so the Price is Right for them there, too!...The Angels do have ten games against the Athletics left and will inevitably face Lester, but Halo pitchers and baserunners get out of ten games with Yoenis Cespedes... except that the Angels have seven games against the Red Sox in August and Cespedes will be there... but Lester, John Lackey and Jake Peavy will not.

Did the A's get better today? Eh.... maybe a little,but Franchise future wise , they choked again, thus the name Chockland A's,... but the schedule ahead ensures the Angels of a world without Lackey, Peavy and Price....Pretty nice!
No, I didnt understand what you said. Your analogy was pretty stupid.

And thanks for the useless post, now fuck off back to the angels thread.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
Its sad to see him go. And its very possible there is something about yo that we dont know. Last game he seemed to be favoring his thumb a lot after his ab's...Most pitchers know how to pitch him now too.

Angels fans gotta be excited because cespedes wont make them pay for their lousy ass base running.

Ive doubted the decisions of the organization before and its always made me feel dumb afterwords. Its all or nothing now
...brah,you acting like he threw out Mike Trout or shit,lol..he thru out slow ass pujols,chris Iannetta, and kole Calhoune!,lmao..when he throws out somebody worth bragging about, then speak on it!..i think u could of thrown out pujols too!,lol...get real!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
No, I didnt understand what you said. Your analogy was pretty stupid.

And thanks for the useless post, now fuck off back to the angels thread.
"..sure.whatever u say there "Chuco"....u just mad cuz ur team fucked up, just admit it and quit trying to make excuses!...

i dont expect somebody with a name like that to understand english that well anywayz! lol.