2014 Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
As an Angels fan....loooooooool

Lester isn't what Oakland needed at this point. You guys just traded your premier player. Triple threat...bat, arm and speed. I know pitching wins games but Cespedes meant more to your ball club than Lester will. Thank you Billy Bean

Last edited:

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Im shocked.

I guess one thing to look at is cespedes being a free agent next year, so we wouldnt have kept him anyways cause he's gonna get paid big money

any truth to rumors of the tommy milone to the twins for sam fuld who the twins picked up off of waivers from us?

Sep 15, 2009
Im shocked.

I guess one thing to look at is cespedes being a free agent next year, so we wouldnt have kept him anyways cause he's gonna get paid big money

any truth to rumors of the tommy milone to the twins for sam fuld who the twins picked up off of waivers from us?
Didn't know he was a free agent after this season. This changes things. Good move

Apr 25, 2002
Cespedes might be a fan favorite but he's ridiculously overrated.

Aside from his arm (which was usually highlighted only because of bad reads and booting routine balls,) his defense has been going downhill by the day. They needed him to play center to cover for Crisp/Gentry (like he was signed to do,) and he already gave up on the position, which probably forced this trade.

Even after being hot for two weeks he ended the month batting under .200 with an OBP of .221.

Everybody knew that whoever landed Lester was only going to have him for this season, and Cespedes was leaving season after next anyway.