ZMoney

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
man im not sold on this new chicago sound. i used to like the soulful shit they dropped. this new shit just sounds so artificial to me. swear the same beat has been made a good 400 times. i always try to listen to it- it just does nothing for me. i love street rap but i just cant get jiggy with this shit. and im not talking z money in general im talking about everything from GBE on down at the moment.

i felt like LEP Bogus boyz was more my speed of chicago shit. common was dope back in the days guess shit has changed. maybe theyre on some grown-grown man shit

Last edited:

Gas One

May 24, 2006
^ yeah im up on him i think hes dope

i just dont understand why this new shit seems so bullshit to me yet theres a bunch of people that actually listen to it. i can usually find some sort of common ground with anything and like it a little bit. fredo santana is aiiiiiiight. definitely nothing special. hella repetitive. my boy tried to sell me on lil durk it didnt really work tho.

certain chief keef shit was ok to me i just dont get whats up with this mumble/rap with the same beat shit. all these cats generally end up seeming the exact same to me.

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
^ yeah im up on him i think hes dope

i just dont understand why this new shit seems so bullshit to me yet theres a bunch of people that actually listen to it. i can usually find some sort of common ground with anything and like it a little bit. fredo santana is aiiiiiiight. definitely nothing special. hella repetitive. my boy tried to sell me on lil durk it didnt really work tho.

certain chief keef shit was ok to me i just dont get whats up with this mumble/rap with the same beat shit. all these cats generally end up seeming the exact same to me.
THANK YOU!

No knock on the regulars in here that post up a lot, but some of the stuff yall listen to is a head scratching to me. But hey, if you like it you like it...i just dont get it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone has always said that but yet here you are again pointing out how you don't get things. I think I'm going to go post in the strange forum and see if I can find some country threads in the music industry forum to say how I don't get it brb.

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone has always said that but yet here you are again pointing out how you don't get things. I think I'm going to go post in the strange forum and see if I can find some country threads in the music industry forum to say how I don't get it brb.
So its OK for Gas to say it, yet i get chastised? lol...whatever breh. Dont like my fuckin posts...dont fuckiin read em. Plain and simple. Use the ignore feature...its there for a goddamn reason.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
^ its not necessarily okay for me either, but this might be the first time ive said it.. ive gone out my way to listen to alot of the new chicago shit and fuck it, it aint for me. cant knock me for not liking something yet im definitely not going to say it more than once

i dont know if this is the situation but i dont really judge people for whom they do or dont like, i just usually let it be..but that was a honest question, i trap in real life and i still cant feel the shit so that sort of confuses me in some sort of way

Last edited:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
So its OK for Gas to say it, yet i get chastised? lol...whatever breh. Dont like my fuckin posts...dont fuckiin read em. Plain and simple. Use the ignore feature...its there for a goddamn reason.
No the thing is you say the same thing repeatedly over and over, sometimes in the same thread, about the same artist. If I see your name I can tell what you are going to say already 90% of the time in this forum before even clicking on the thread, just like I could in this one. Like we get it already, you don't get it or like it, cool. At least Gas gives some insight about his opinion on why he doesn't like drill music & a lot of the stuff coming out of the Chicago scene in general. You are just like a broken record in these threads with different variations of telling us you don't get it or like it. Like if tomorrow I woke up and the music industry forum was full of people talking about different country artists I wouldn't jump from thread to thread stating I don't like or get the music, but maybe that's just me I guess.

Not that it's here and there on this subject but you are one of the posters on here that I enjoy reading posts by the most in general because you are strongly opinionated, use common sense, usually are at least somewhat educated on what you are talking about, and overall we do share the same opinion on a lot of things (outside of current rap music I guess lol), so why would I want block you?

It just gets slightly annoying dude. That's all. But hey it's a free board to do as you like and maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today or something I don't know lol.