your source for news?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Miro

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2006
anybody check RT? they always come up with some interesting stories, like this one, i would never expect from any major source:

another one i keep running into is al jazeera, which now the pacifica radio is going to be broadcasting, thats KPFA for those that live in northern cali

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
anybody check RT? they always come up with some interesting stories, like this one, i would never expect from any major source:

another one i keep running into is al jazeera, which now the pacifica radio is going to be broadcasting, thats KPFA for those that live in northern cali
I don't get that story?! Did I understand something wrong? They charge Chinese to come to study at that Highschool?

First of all, Chinese Kids can't just go study where ever they want, and when, then they will go to some nice schools and not a school in the middle of nowhere. Chinese government helps them and in return the students go back to China and use their new knowledge within their home country.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
It isn't "news", but lately I've been following an op-ed blog by Andrew Sullivan called The Daily Dish. http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/ Sullivan calls himself a non-partisan, and is originally from England. He mainly focuses on US politics, which I'm pretty sick of, but his opinions are about as fair as it gets. I think he tends to lean left, but the stuff he posts or writes about is reasonable and very well thought out.

He also released a book called "The Cannabis Closet", where people from all different backgrounds write in and "come out of the closet" about their weed use. It's purpose is to highlight the fact that a lot of successful people smoke pot and haven't fucked up their lives, but they still live in fear of the government.