Young Slim - "Standing Room Only"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
The album officially has a title, as it is roughly 75% done. So far, it features production from Apoulo from SeaNotes, Pain, and D-Sane. As for features, I am trying to keep those to a minimum but I have songs with Mo-X, Pain, Grynch, and Wanz. Expect Notes, RHS, and B-Ill as well, and I have a couple others in mind. I still have some loose ends to tie up but we've set a deadline of June to have the album recorded and ready to be mixed/mastered. I am really shooting for a late 2007 release date but I will not give an actual date until I know for sure, since release dates are mythical lol.

As far as the mixtape, that is coming along slower than usual, as I have been concentrating more on the project more, and as I have other projects I am working on (expect an update on those in the coming months). In any event, I actually needed y'alls help on one thing. I am having a far-more-than-anticipated time trying to find a female singer for a couple of hooks/bridges and if anyone can point ya boy in the right direction DO THAT!!! I have tried different females with no luck and it's frustrating, ya dig? Holla at me.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Good shit man, I'm looking forward to hearin the album. I don't know anyone that can sing though.

Oh yeah, nice move not putting an exact date on the release!

What's the concept behind the title, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't wanna give away what the album cover will look like but basically "Standing Room Only" means that in a flood of so many rappers out there, someone gotta stand out. Plus, I got a more happy feeling to this album, its got its serious side dont get me wrong, but Ima get muhfuckas movin....STAND UP!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Good shit, I wasn't tryin to get you to disclose top secret info, just figured i'd ask...sounds like a good concept tho.

i'm glad you're gonna have a balance of songs...i can't stand it when every song is the same feel, or topic...

i'm hopin for at least one song i can get high to though!! lol...

Dec 11, 2002
YOUNG SLIM said:
In any event, I actually needed y'alls help on one thing. I am having a far-more-than-anticipated time trying to find a female singer for a couple of hooks/bridges and if anyone can point ya boy in the right direction DO THAT!!! I have tried different females with no luck and it's frustrating, ya dig? Holla at me.

Sup G..

I'm always down for a female to sing the hook on a track.. lemme see if I can put some names together for you... shoot me your email (I probably have it somewhere..) and I'll see if I can help you out..

@Kalyn: Good lookin...holla at me on the Myspace or at [email protected]

@Speedy: I talked with her a couple times on Myspace but she aint got back to me, so either she busy or not interested, its whatever. Ima hit you soon tho.

@ThirdEye: I havent even done the photo shoot yet, I am still seein' whos got the best price for the best quality, ya dig? I have someone I think Im fuckin with tho....as far as the artwork, shoot me what you chargin, I aint even got that far yet...soon tho.

@NLR: Good lookin fam. Its gonna be lovely lol.