Young Bleed - Preserved

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004

Louisiana native and certified Gold recording artist, Young Bleed, returns to the scene with his latest album PRESERVED. Picking up where My Balls & My Word left off, PRESERVED is Young Bleed’s first album under the Strange Music umbrella and the first release on the highly-anticipated Strange Lane imprint.

First introduced to the rap world via Master P’s Platinum-selling soundtrack, I’m Bout It, Young Bleed returns with PRESERVED. With tracks like “How Ya Do Dat” and “Boot Up”, PRESERVED is on track to redefine Southern Hip Hop – features like Strange Music artists Tech N9ne and Brotha Lynch Hung, along with fellow Louisiana native, Juvenile, stand as a testament to how diverse Young Bleed can be without straying too far from his roots.

Young Bleed makes a statement with an album that’s meant to be PRESERVED.
Needless to say, this kind of came out of nowhere. Just a little over a month away from release (10/11/11), and we've heard pretty much next to nothing about this album. It'll be interesting to have Juvenile featured on a Strange Music (or rather "Strange Lane") album. Not at all surprised to see Tech N9ne featured (beyond the fact that we already knew they did "How Ya Do Dat pt. 2"), though I'm kind of surprised to see Lynch instead of someone like Kutt or Scoob as they seem more fitting. However, they could still be on the album and just not included in the write-up.

With this, we also get our first look at the Strange Lane logo:

Not really going to stand out, as it looks like several other companies logos, from music to film. But... eh...

Given how this release appears to be coming out of nowhere, it seems that the point of Strange Lane Records is to release random albums with little to no promotion. Oh, wait, they've already got Strange Music Records to do that... :cheeky:

Jun 20, 2008
Wow.. Thanks Kain..

And you're right.. Strange & No Promo if your name isn't "Tech N9ne" go hand in hand..
I don't know how much promotion you guys expect from an underground independent label? I see people all the time on here talking about Strange's lack of promotion, do other underground labels promote better? I've never seen much promotion out of Rhymesayers or QN5 either, maybe that's just me.

Mar 6, 2006
I don't know how much promotion you guys expect from an underground independent label? I see people all the time on here talking about Strange's lack of promotion, do other underground labels promote better? I've never seen much promotion out of Rhymesayers or QN5 either, maybe that's just me.
Rhymesayers doesnt pull in 15 mill a year

Jan 29, 2006
...and on that note, shouldn't Young Bleed be on the Lost Cities tour? Already Strange Lane is starting to look like Hatchet House (Psychopathic's sub label): even less promo and touring than the main label artists.
i think thats they only reason they started strange lane, to be like psychopathic

May 7, 2008
"features like Strange Music artists Tech N9ne and Brotha Lynch Hung, along with fellow Louisiana native, Juvenile"

Am i just reading this wrong cause im mad tired rite now?

Aug 31, 2005
it's 2 phrases conjoined with "along" the verb and noun of both phrase are exclusive and only share the overall theme, the features on the album

other words...juve isnt on strange

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
the only projects that ive seen from Strange Music that didnt get much promo were the EP's from Krizz and Kutt. shit, even Lost Scripts didnt get much promo.

All the full albums ive seen from Strange end up on billboards, ads on a gang of websites i visit and people on this forum talk about it for months leading up to it. Not sure what other promo can be done. Strange cant magically make a song or video into a hit record, especially since they refuse to pay the money to get radio play.

However, they COULD do a lot more videos. Strange seems to be one of the last labels left that hasnt learned that A LOT of people follow music simply by watching videos.