You Ready to take the Pledge?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
Tech N9ne’s ‘The Pledge Of A Technician’ To Air Daily Due To Popular Demand

Tech N9ne’s featured ode to truth and justice, “The Pledge”, will now be aired daily (with the exception of Friday’s broadcasts of SM Live) due to popular demand. There are so many fans out there waiting to take The Pledge that we had no choice but to give you the chance to pledge yourself as a Technician “In life and in death” on a daily basis!

Call (347) 994-3066 Monday through Thursday at 3PM CST to take The Pledge Of A Technician!

http://blog.therealtechn9ne.com/2011/06/uncategorized/tech-n9nes-the-pledge-to-air-daily/

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm not at all sure why they announced this like they haven't already been doing it everyday.

It's come to the point on Facebook that I'd rather read my depressed friends quoting Creed over and over than to see another update from the official page about taking the pledge live.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'm not at all sure why they announced this like they haven't already been doing it everyday.

It's come to the point on Facebook that I'd rather read my depressed friends quoting Creed over and over than to see another update from the official page about taking the pledge live.

This... seriously. It got to a point where I hid all posts made by "Tech N9ne".

Sep 30, 2002
what exactly does this pledge prove????

Nothing?!?!?!

Oh ok....
Honestly its a genius move that really only furthers what they have been doing all along. Letting fans know that they are a part of making something that is changing the landscape of music. Making something "official" is a great way to solidify that and grow it (i.e. the pledge). Whether anyone on here does it or not, I would say at least 50,000 or more have done it in some way shape or form. Through the call in line, or at shows, or riding in their cars etc.

Technicians, Trekkies (spelling?), Juggalo's, Kiss Fans, Greatful Dead fans, anyone that feels that strong connection with an artist and takes on a title as a fan almost always solidifies a lifelong support of whatever that artist does.

It's fucking genius.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Honestly its a genius move that really only furthers what they have been doing all along. Letting fans know that they are a part of making something that is changing the landscape of music. Making something "official" is a great way to solidify that and grow it (i.e. the pledge). Whether anyone on here does it or not, I would say at least 50,000 or more have done it in some way shape or form. Through the call in line, or at shows, or riding in their cars etc.

Technicians, Trekkies (spelling?), Juggalo's, Kiss Fans, Greatful Dead fans, anyone that feels that strong connection with an artist and takes on a title as a fan almost always solidifies a lifelong support of whatever that artist does.

It's fucking genius.

Pigeon-holing yourself to a specific artist, or genre of music is ignorant as fuck. That's exactly what the pledge, and the juggalo "family" shit is all about.

Nov 14, 2002
Trekkies (spelling?), Juggalo's, Kiss Fans, Greatful Dead fans,
You're missing one very important point, and that is, those groups you're referring to were products of the fans. Star Trek didn't go on TV telling people to take a Trekkie oath, the Juggalo thing was clung onto by the fans before ICP realized it was a good marketing tool, Kiss Army was started by two teenagers trying to get Kiss on the radio, and Deadheads are just deadheads. They sure as fuck never took any oath, and neither did Trekkies, Kiss fans, or Juggalos.

I think the idea of it is that Tech knows that his shows are full of very different people who all kind of want to beat the piss out of each other and he thinks this will help. But I think the name "Technician" is pretty fucking lame in the first place, and I think it only serves to cater to a Juggalo audience, furthering the divide between differing fans.

Sep 30, 2002
You're missing one very important point, and that is, those groups you're referring to were products of the fans. Star Trek didn't go on TV telling people to take a Trekkie oath, the Juggalo thing was clung onto by the fans before ICP realized it was a good marketing tool, Kiss Army was started by two teenagers trying to get Kiss on the radio, and Deadheads are just deadheads. They sure as fuck never took any oath, and neither did Trekkies, Kiss fans, or Juggalos.

I think the idea of it is that Tech knows that his shows are full of very different people who all kind of want to beat the piss out of each other and he thinks this will help. But I think the name "Technician" is pretty fucking lame in the first place, and I think it only serves to cater to a Juggalo audience, furthering the divide between differing fans.
Understood, but that has nothin to do with trying to create something similar. Plus people are doing it.