Yo Ugly Nigga, Would You Sign With Bad Boy Records If Puff Told U To Change Your Name

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2009
If Puff was feelin your music but he was like "Yo, we gotta change your name to somethin with more mainstream appeal bro", would you do it or stick to being known professionally as Ugly Nigga so as not to stray from your roots and your message?

This is a hypothetical, it aint gotta be Puff, any major label

Mar 18, 2008
If Puff was feelin your music but he was like "Yo, we gotta change your name to somethin with more mainstream appeal bro", would you do it or stick to being known professionally as Ugly Nigga so as not to stray from your roots and your message?

This is a hypothetical, it aint gotta be Puff, any major label
You got ah interesting question jumping off but at this moment I wouldn't change it. I get a lot of attention for what I'm doing. I am able to stand out amongst, and be set apart from a lot of rappers. It has been too much time invested and I have a lot of information gathered that shows me I can carve my own nitch creating my own lanel. To be under someone's control is not my objective, especialy when I believe I can equal or surpass what they can do for me. I've preped my image for 4 years with my own tshirts, jumped into throwing my own shows for the past year and a half, set up my own unique national distribution, found an important sponsor, preparing for my animated series, and graphic novel. I believe I can dictate things on my own terms and when I do change my name to move forward it will be as either UN, Ugly NI, or Ugly NIG.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Can I ask a couple of honest questions?

At this point and in the future, what is it that you are trying to do exactly? With a name like that and being as bold as you are with it, are you at this point just trying to draw attention to yourself and your movement? Are you trying to be known for your music skills or just bring attention to yourself? Are you trying to make a political statement? Or is it a combination of all 3?

I've met you a few times, you've been to a bunch of the shows I've put on. I think people are confused by exactly what you are doing or trying to accomplish.

Like even with the banner people have been talking about, yes it makes a bold statement, but what is the statement? I think a lot of people just don't know what you're about. The banner is a big bold ad, which is going to anger some, make some uncomfortable, and maybe not phase others. But what is it advertising? There's no mention of your music, your clothing, etc. Right now, it's just a statement.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
is ugly nigga a rapper or do they just make shirts that offend anyone who went through the civil rights movement?

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
5 years from now ugly nigga where do you see yourself and this ugly nigga movement? is sellin tshirts that say ugly nigga on it the only source of income your relying on in life? bruh be more creative be more than a ugly nigga expand your hustle press up shirts that say "grimey nigga" or "hustlin nigga" or somethin for the ladies , you seem very proud of ugly nigga like you accomplished a major goal in life or something. alot of people might show you love to your face and shake your hand but im pretty sure they laughing at you behind your back, not tryin to crack jokes or clown maybe you will soak up some of the constructive criticism and learn from it only to succeed better in life..honestly it seems like your just out for attention cuz why even have a banner up what stores are your shirts located at,and if it wasnt for the siccness you wouldn't even be known outside your city..

Dec 4, 2004
is ugly nigga a rapper or do they just make shirts that offend anyone who went through the civil rights movement?
Make shirts and get random people to take pics with them, and write text raps on siccness. Don't hate on the biggest movement since the vadecent.

Mar 18, 2008
You got ah interesting question jumping off but at this moment I wouldn't change it. I get a lot of attention for what I'm doing. I am able to stand out amongst, and be set apart from a lot of rappers. It has been too much time invested and I have a lot of information gathered that shows me I can carve my own nitch creating my own lanel. To be under someone's control is not my objective, especialy when I believe I can equal or surpass what they can do for me. I've preped my image for 4 years with my own tshirts, jumped into throwing my own shows for the past year and a half, set up my own unique national distribution, found an important sponsor, preparing for my animated series, and graphic novel. I believe I can dictate things on my own terms and when I do change my name to move forward it will be as either UN, Ugly NI, or Ugly NIG.

Fat Blunt all this stuff you askin me is answered in my first response to this thread. You need ta stop smokin them blunts and pay attention.

Mar 18, 2008
Can I ask a couple of honest questions?

At this point and in the future, what is it that you are trying to do exactly? With a name like that and being as bold as you are with it, are you at this point just trying to draw attention to yourself and your movement? Are you trying to be known for your music skills or just bring attention to yourself? Are you trying to make a political statement? Or is it a combination of all 3?

I've met you a few times, you've been to a bunch of the shows I've put on. I think people are confused by exactly what you are doing or trying to accomplish.

Like even with the banner people have been talking about, yes it makes a bold statement, but what is the statement? I think a lot of people just don't know what you're about. The banner is a big bold ad, which is going to anger some, make some uncomfortable, and maybe not phase others. But what is it advertising? There's no mention of your music, your clothing, etc. Right now, it's just a statement.
What is the banner advertising? Me. Click it and that will answer your question.

Mar 18, 2008
I'm beginning to understand why athletes have short patience with certain questions that are asked of them. The most hilarious thing is when a coach goes off on a reporter for asking a "dumb" question. Let me put it this way, the next people to ask me a question please identify what RACE you are and proceed with the question. I got an idea about why some of you seem to be in such a fog about my "ugly nigga" thing. I know this is a funny request but just follow me.