"Yesterday's Sambo is Todays Movie Star"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
I caught a part of this movie last night (it was in german I think) and the dude said "Yesterday's Sambo is Todays Movie Star". I thought about this for about an hour and then guess what movie came on? Black Knight. That movie had to be the biggest schuckin and jivin, bojanglin ass movie Ive seen in a long time. What would make a black man with plenty of money and a descent career just straight up embarrass himself like that? the real question is where do you think black "entertainment" is right now and where do you think its heading?

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
I think the state of black folks in media is sad by and large. I can sum up BET with the following words: bling bling, booty shots, cars, jewels, booty shots, rims, objectification of women, cars, booty shots, 2-way pagers, and cars. It's a material world and I understand that, but I think BET sends the wrong message to black youth about what you really need to have materially in order to exist. The fact is the majority of families cannot afford that lifestyle. The unfortunate thing is that besides basketball players and rap artists, young black kids don't have any other role models to look up to so now everyone wants to be a rapstar, singer or sports figure because that is all they are shown they can be through the boob tube. The media dummies down black folks in my opinion and black folks fall right into the hand of the beast.

SOLO

Sicc OG
May 23, 2002
It's a minstrel show all over again. I think the best example is that new movie with Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. It would be acceptable if it were a film that seriously explored interracial dating, but from the previews it looks like they've got Queen Latifah playing the Aunt Jemima "Mammy" role. So they contrast the quiet, uptight White guy with the loud, wild, uncontrollable Black woman and leave all the stereotypes intact.

May 6, 2002
SOLO said:
It's a minstrel show all over again. I think the best example is that new movie with Queen Latifah and Steve Martin. It would be acceptable if it were a film that seriously explored interracial dating, but from the previews it looks like they've got Queen Latifah playing the Aunt Jemima "Mammy" role. So they contrast the quiet, uptight White guy with the loud, wild, uncontrollable Black woman and leave all the stereotypes intact.

Thats a good point, it seems as if movies are either the same played out ass stereotypes or some off the wall shit that nobody can relate to. Either way we loose. Head my words a Revolution is coming and aint none safe no more.

May 6, 2002
Cameron, people buy it because Negroes are severly brainwashed plain and simple.

Rx, us black folks have to stop looking at white people as anything. Not rolemodels, not friends, not enemies, not anything. We just need to DO FOR SELF.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
WAKE THESE SAMBOS UP. SHUCKIN AND JIVING. STEPIN FETCHIT NIGGER.......

THESE MODERN DAY GOLLIWOGS ARE WALKING AROUND LIKE RASTUS WITH GOLD TEETH.....

@GUILLOTINE YOU JUST DONT KNOW HOW YOUR POST MAKES ME FEEL. IM GLAD YOUR NOT BRAINWASHED.

WAKE UP NEGROES!!

:h:

PS WATCH BAMBOOZLED IF YOU HAVENT.

Jul 6, 2002
@:h: & Gillotine: "wake up niggas or ya all through!''

sergent hustle said it best!

trickery

while black folx are striving to be rap stars and sports atheletes, they dont think about being a slave/ indentured servent to that market...

think shaq could be like "fuck it" and not play bball fro the next 5 years? nope, he's accountable for his contract
the same goes for music artists, look at "the artist formely known as prince," he had to switch up his whole name just so record companies wouldnt have the satisfaction of exploiting his name in music...what a shame

in reguard to the revolution, i hope m'erikkka implodes

May 6, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dont even get me started on the atheletes! These mufuckas got all the damn cash and dont do shit for the community. On the rare occasion when one does speak up the management shuts them down quick, how pathetic to be a grown man gripped by fear. Yall remember dude that played for the Nuggets, I think his name was Abdul or something, he refused to stand for the national anthem and boom they got rid of his ass quick. No other negroes stood up for him they just kept thier mouth shut and cashed thier checks. Disgusting!!

Heresy, Bamboozled is a MUST watch!