YES!!! KWAME HARRIS MIGHT BE TRADED FINALLY!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2005
Source

Deactivated tackle Harris bracing for possible trade
By Matthew Barrows - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PDT Thursday, September 13, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C8

SANTA CLARA -- Tackle Kwame Harris said Wednesday he is mentally preparing for playing in a different city. The question is how soon that will occur.

While Harris was on the sideline Monday -- he was one of eight players the 49ers deactivated -- two other teams, the Washington Redskins and St. Louis Rams, learned they would be without their own starting tackles for the rest of the season.

Washington right tackle Jon Jansen dislocated his ankle when a Miami defender crashed into him from behind. Meanwhile, Rams perennial Pro Bowl player Orlando Pace is out with a shoulder injury.

San Francisco personnel chief Scot McCloughan said Wednesday no team officially has contacted the 49ers about trading for Harris. But the suspicion is that will change.

"It's really going to be up to the 49ers and how they value Kwame and what they're offered," said Harris' agent, Ryan Tollner.

Harris, who becomes a free agent in March, lost his starting job to first-round draft pick Joe Staley in the final week of the exhibition season. Tollner, however, noted that Harris had his best training camp since being drafted 26th overall in 2003.

"He's a 25-year-old with 44 starts," Tollner said. "He's still improving. I think that Kwame's best football is still ahead of him."

Harris said his value as a free agent certainly would rise if he played this season. Still, after three years at Stanford and four more with the 49ers, he's not sure he wants to leave.

"I have funny feelings about it," he said. "I'm still all over the place about it. I've thought about it a lot. I don't know -- I can't say yes or no yet."

Fallen friend -- The news that Buffalo Bills tight end Kevin Everett moved his arms and legs was met with relief by Frank Gore, a friend and teammate of Everett's at the University of Miami. Both players were drafted in the third round in 2005.

"He's a great guy. He loves the game, and he's tough," Gore said. "I know his family. I just wish blessings for all his family. He'll be all right."

After doubting Everett would walk again following a spinal cord injury Sunday, doctors reversed their prognosis Tuesday when Everett was able to voluntarily move his extremities.

Et cetera -- Tight end Billy Bajema did not practice because of a sore ankle. Cornerbacks Shawntae Spencer (elbow) and Marcus Hudson (quadriceps bruise) were limited in practice.

• Tight end Zac Herold was released from the practice squad and replaced with tight end Zac Alcorn, who played with Green Bay this summer.

• Safety Keith Lewis said he lost a bet with his barber. Lewis bet his barber that he would have an interception in last year's Denver game. He did not. The result was the red mohawk he sported on national television Monday night.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

about time. Normally, I wouldn't want to trade a player to a divisional rival but St. Louis can have Kwame if they want

Apr 25, 2002
I dislike Kwame, but he'd make a great backup. Oh well, he'll be a liability for Marc Bulger if he goes to STL so it may very well benefit us. I wonder what they can possibly get for Kwame though..

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^straight up for kwame harris??? The water boy would be an equal trade...

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I wouldn't let him go to the Rams, even if we know he does suck. His run blocking is decent, he just has issues blocking for the pass.