Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2005
In other words, the beats are dope but he is a shitty MC.

Ill pass.
Not true. I just know that people listen to albums on laptop speakers and then think the album sucks.

As an MC he is talented. If I were to describe his sound using other artists I would say he is a mix of old Outkast and Devin The Dude. His flow/wordplay is really fast like Eminem, some may say he's like a Southern Eminem but I don't find him as random with his material. His album has a really cohesive sound (as if one producer did the whole thing), and it reminds me of a Devin album but with a little Bay influence in the beats (still southern sounding for sure though).

He has Raekwon and Bun-B on this, if their cosign isn't enough for you to even listen, then I don't know what else to say.

May 9, 2002
Not true. I just know that people listen to albums on laptop speakers and then think the album sucks.
Which shows you that most people listen to rap for the beats/bass and not the entire product....that is what I was getting at. You can really get a true sense of the overall song on laptop speakers...bass doesnt define a song.

He has Raekwon and Bun-B on this, if their cosign isn't enough for you to even listen, then I don't know what else to say.
Co-sign? Since when does paying for a feature have anything to do with a rapper co-signing an artist? Money talks and if those two artists were offered the right amount, I am almost positive they could really give a shit who the person was. As a matter of fact, there is a good chance that this guy and Bun-B didn't even spend on SECOND in the booth TOGETHER. Technology has come ALONG way since the mid-90's.

Here is a fun fact: Berner met Messy Marv for the FIRST time....AFTER the Berner/Messy Marv collabo album was FINISHED. The did not spend one second in the studio together.

Sep 12, 2005
^^I for sure understand what you are saying, and I agree with your points. But, you didn't even listen to this (right?), so to apply all of that to this album is pretty unfair.

And I know bass doesn't define a song, but this album is called Trunk Muzik..it's bass heavy. With shitty speakers the sound can be drowned out and be mistaken for a poor mixing job.

That being said, I have pretty high standards when it comes to music I enjoy, and this is has gotten several replays. No one is forcing you to listen, but to write it off without doing so is pretty ignorant.

I haven't listened to that Blow album yet, is it any good?

May 9, 2002
^^I for sure understand what you are saying, and I agree with your points. But, you didn't even listen to this (right?), so to apply all of that to this album is pretty unfair.

And I know bass doesn't define a song, but this album is called Trunk Muzik..it's bass heavy. With shitty speakers the sound can be drowned out and be mistaken for a poor mixing job.

That being said, I have pretty high standards when it comes to music I enjoy, and this is has gotten several replays. No one is forcing you to listen, but to write it off without doing so is pretty ignorant.

I haven't listened to that Blow album yet, is it any good?
I listened to it...it was nothing special IMO. His flow was kind of irritating becuase of his semi-whiny voice.

I cant stand Berner and I rarely like anything Messy Marv puts out. So no, I have not heard it and dont plan to.