Yall Makin this shit too complicated!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2002
Keep it simple playas. It's still enough money in this game for everybody if you set reasonable expectations and be consistent.

Example: If Rapper X puts out a record and only sells 1000 copies, he can estimate that album #2, if similarly produced, marketed, distributed, can sell 1001 units. Based on these estimates Rapper X needs to drop about 100 albums to eat real good.

With this in mind, assess your situation, be realistic in your goals, and be consistent. Maybe you need to drop 10 albums. 20 albums? Only you can answer this. Not niggaz on the internet.

Just my 2 pennies...

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
It's about workin hard also.Lazy mutherfuckers record songs,then sit at their bitches house and play PS2 while the album collects dust.Hustlers hit the streets full board as soon as that mutherfuckers printed,and packaged.Whether they print black and white photocopies with no graphic detail,or a mint poster professionally done.People with no hustle,or somebody with no sence of pride in there work fail 99.5% of the time.You have a better chance of being 3% talent,and 97% hustler to make money.My folks J-Ross was in New York in like 91-92ish.He worked for a local radio station here in Seattle and got a chance to see a hip-hop awards show out there.He said there was a little scrawny mutherfucker with about 4 homies,and they were all standing on milk crates outside of the venue with (picket style) signs in there hand,screaming at the top of their lungs.The signs said "Bad Boy",and the little dude was a cat named Sean Combs.Git your gameface on!!!

May 19, 2002
www.federashun.com
Exactly, I'm not knockin ANYONE for tryin, but don't come out the gate thinkin your shit is Christ when it really ain't. Hey, nice effort but go back to the drawing board. ......NO credibility in this game ass cats with NO skills, but with ALL the conceite, with no confidence. (I'm not singling any one person/group out here.)

May 10, 2002
BAMMER said:

Easier said then done.Everbody thinks there shits hot already. .HUSTLE!!
THAT'S THE PROBLEM. These newbies think it's nothing but a HUSTLE and don't spend time on the actual product. They make whatever and think it's hot cause they created it. Then they think they can push their bullshit on everybody and they call that "hustling". The music gotta be about something right now cause it's so easy to put something out.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Artists need to realize that there is a difference between 'making music' and just rapping over a beat. Enough of the generic shit, anyone can rap over a beat but not everyone can make music. Buying beats that are already made is bullshit, you can keep making albums with beats you bought off of a beat cd from some random producer, but I won't buy your shit if I know you do that. Like it or not there are only a handful of people on this board who have anything more than marginal talent. Most of ya'll are just following trends and doing what everyone else is doing and that doesn't take much talent. A lot of ya'll that are advertising albums in your sigs, will be in the same place you are now 10 years from now. I'm not hating, just being realistic. I've heard some tight music from some of the people on this board but I've yet to hear anything new. It's the same old shit over and over again. Get away from the tritons and pick up some actual instruments. Give me a reason to buy your album other than a guest appearance. I know most of you can't stand on your own because you don't have the talent. Honestly most of you, whether you like it or not should never consider rap more than a hobby. You can call me a hater or any other name you want but all of you know I'm telling the truth.

May 2, 2002
TACT OUT MUZIC said:
^^^^ SOME OF THE OLDER CATS IN THE GAME ARE DOIN THIS AS WELL, PUSHIN THERE ALBUM ON EVERYONE SAYING ITS THERE BEST ALBUM SINCE...... BUT THEN YOU LISTEN, AND THE SHIT IS WEAK..... THATS WHY EVERYONES SALES ARE DOIN BAD OUT HERE.... WEAK PRODUCT= NO SALES, EVEN IF YOU A HUSTLA!!!
Especially the older cats that are stealing tracks from the younger cats... it ain't nothing new, but I've lost respect for a lot of the older cats that I grew up listening to. It doesn't seem like it's just the newbies with this attitude anymore, mr peete. I love music and making music.

I try to be as sincere as possible when dealing with other people, but after working with a lot of artists it's depressing, seeing how it doesn't even seem like anyone is in it for the music. They just want the fame, money, to get away from the ghetto, to get away from their 9 to 5, etc...

I'm not lying I would love to have all of that, but in all reality, nobody can let that consume them. They have to concentrate on the steps in between... it reminds me of that south park episode with the underwear gnomes. Talking about how they steal underwear for profit, and when they're talking about their game plan they say step one is collecting underwear, step two they didn't know what it was, and step three was profit. Funny episode, but anyway... in relation to music, step two should be FOCUS ON THE MUSIC! Instead, it's let's get so and so to rap on my album, let's get so and so to produce, let's get out and let everyone know about my crappy album, etc...

Aug 27, 2002
www.westwayz.com
BAMMER said:
It's about workin hard also.Lazy mutherfuckers record songs,then sit at their bitches house and play PS2 while the album collects dust.Hustlers hit the streets full board as soon as that mutherfuckers printed,and packaged.Whether they print black and white photocopies with no graphic detail,or a mint poster professionally done.People with no hustle,or somebody with no sence of pride in there work fail 99.5% of the time.You have a better chance of being 3% talent,and 97% hustler to make money.
Real Talk!!

Apr 25, 2002
lol...if i told y'all the number of people who should quit

i'd take over B-12's spot as the most hated man in the industry

thing is tho' while y'all say MOST RAPPERS ARE WEAK, unlike y'all I MAKE THEM FEEL WEAK...i'll battle anyone and i'll beat anyone

cats who can't put their money where their mouths are need to stop talkin

and no i'm not the best rapper, but ya'lls cockiness makes me wanna slap the side of your heads with my speakers...that goes for you tim...start rappin good then tell these cats they need to stop and won't be shit

you don't give constructive criticism, you just dis...so yes that means you're a hater...as long as your okay with it tho'...that's alright

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I don't give constructive criticism? Did you read my posts at all?

Tim said:
Get away from the tritons and pick up some actual instruments. Give me a reason to buy your album other than a guest appearance.
How is that hating? How is that just a "dis"? Also for me to be more "constructive" I would have to get specific and name names. Also if I'm so wrong, every rapper on this board:

Tell me what makes you special, what makes you different from every other artist? Why should I buy your album instead of someone elses? What are you doing that's not being done? Why should I even give your album a chance?

There are possibly millions of rappers out there, ranging from some 12 year old kid rapping over fruit loops beats to a multiplatinum artist all over tv and radio. It's like trying to sell water during a flood. Can you seriously say you are okay with every other person trying to rap? Are you okay with people selling generic pre-made beats to anyone who will buy them? Does the idea of an Icy Hot Stunnaz reject putting out a cd with him rapping over Lynch beats he bought off a beat cd not bother you? The more rappers there are, the more competition you have. The more wacc rappers there are the harder it will be for you to be taken seriously. 10 years ago if someone told me they rapped I was interested in hearing them. Now if someone tells me they rap I usually just dismiss them. That may be wrong but when ever I turn around there's someone wanting me to buy their album and most of them aren't very good I get pretty tired of it. If anyones feelings are hurt by what I said, then too fuccing bad. I'm not going to kiss your ass and tiptoe around so I don't insult you.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
What up JR^

I think too many people are fake now a days and to sell whatever you can (1-1,000,0,00,,0000) is a good accomplishment. Im already sick of most rappers, so according to me, the market is shrinking.