X-Raided speaks on the bay...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2004
I've always felt that Sac-Town rap artists have had unique deliveries and flow patterns, as far as styles of rap are concerned. C-Bo, Lynch, myself. we didn't sound like anyone else's style and flavor. Before us, Bay Area rappers were writing about drug dealing (415, Richie Rich), pimpin' (Too Short, etc), dancing (Hammer), or smokin' pot (MC Pooh). No one was HARD CORE, relentless, gangster with the rhymes until after Psycho Active. Check the dates of releases. The Lunis, 3X Krazy, Spice 1, all of the guys makin' dark music in the Bay started doin' it after the Sac-Town boys came with the Garden Blocc Siccness. We never got credit for that because we were all considered "Bay Area artists," so it was considered a new "Bay sound."

Problem with that is, Sac-Town isn't in the Bay. It's in the valley. River City, cuzzin. If we were not lumped with Bay artists, our influence and impact on Bay artists' music would have been more visible and understood.

Shame.

X Raided

Thoughts? Opinions?

Apr 22, 2005
you know what I'd say we had a big influence on Sac cuz of how big the Bay is and the connect between Sac and Bay always been thick.As far as that hardcore "gangsta" shit,I'd say the city that get slept on for bringin that shit while everybody else was talkin bout drug deals and mackin(and notice he only named Oakland cats),Frisco mane.We had I.M.P.,Cougnut and C-Fresh was on some skrate gangsta shit and this was like 89-90.We also had Hugh E MC who was on that gangsta shit and this was 87-90.One style Sac can definitely get recognition for bringin to the table,that crazy ass shit you hear folks like eminem rap about except crazier lol.Sac's "hardcore" was gangsta mixed with some 666 shit and eatin babies brains lol.I'd say they were West Coast version of triple 6 mafia and shit.But Sac has contributed to this rap shit dont get me wrong I just think X need to do his own homework a little more.At the same time tho Sac had Brotha Lynch and X sayin some crazy ass shit Bay had Dre Dog and Totally Insane kinda on that shit too,mainly Dre Dog but I mean Sac get respect from me.I dont care what most folks say but I consider Sac official unofficial Bay Area.

I gotta say tho,he's right about the flow patterns.I love him and Lynch's old skool flow.No on had that flow than and now.

Sep 23, 2004
man that nigga takin this article all outta context.... somewhenre on this site theres another link for the full article. Read the whole shit and it sounds a lot more respectful, he aint speakin on the bay, hes speakin on sac rap history... one luv to x-loc. one of the most insightful cats in the game. br sure to pick up his upcomin album.... lets free this man

Jun 24, 2002
props for this!

i've always liked x-raided's interviews (the few i've read) because he always has something to say and knows about things. especially when he speaks about rap music!

hell if could i would put 99% of these lame ass rappers behind bars if i could only get raided out!

FREE X-Raided!!

Jul 6, 2005
He's right about the whole "siccness/Dark" shit, but the bay has been on gangsta shit back in late 80's and early 90's not only drug dealin.....Frisco rap has always been on that turf district gang bangin shit (Fillmoe, HP, Lakeview and etc..). From the outside, people consider Sac on some Bay shit, but then again thats's my opinion.

May 20, 2002
Sac artist rarely leave Sac in order to get notice. I been in radio since 1995 and been dj'ing even longer. And there is only a few Sac artist I know. We gotta support Bay shit so we can get em seen on tv. That's the only way we gonna break out of this slump we in now.

Tune into KPOO.com cuz we bangin Sac artist (Bay Artist). Its a WestCoast Thang!

Jun 16, 2005
yup i feel x-raided dont get me wrong i love the bay but to me sac dont get no love almost every artist in sac makes real gangsta rap thats why sac dont get no love in the mainstream like now the bay is starting to get heard of again but what about sac were a big part of the west coast and gangsta music

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
I'm from Sac, but my Uncle is C-Fresh(IMP-R.I.P Cougnut)) who now resides in Sac. X is partially correct, and homie who said different is partially correct. "South Sac" has always been on that murder death kill shit. But, I.M.P, Dre Dog, Totally Isane were out around that same time. South Sac is responible for the Murder Murder(X-Raided, Lynch, C-B0, Homicide) image. Now Sac as a whole, has always been on that Gangsta shit period. Frisco has always been on that dark shit too. With that being said, Sac as far as I know, has never wanted to be lumped into the Bay. But due to the industry, and type of niggas we really are Northern Cali's Music capitol is the Bay. Just like Southern Cali's is L.A. 80 West connects most of Northern Cali, so majority of Artist do most of they promotion in the Bay. Sac's sound doesn't alway fit in the Bay, so it takes it's own form. That's why X said most South Sac niggas are clones of him, Bo & Lynch. Now North Sac is a whole nother story... more like East Oakland (fast money, bitches, grinding).

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
The biggest connection of Sac to Bay regarding Artist, was C-Bo. Lynch get;s a lot of love from the Mid-West due to his content. But C-Bo & the Click were hooked up when Bo released Gas Chamber. For C-Bo's 2nd album, it was Dual Committie(Keek & Agerman). But for the most part, I don't think South Sac artist appeal to that "Bay" sound. There are some, but the gang banging part doesn't amuse those who don't bang nor understand it. The real part is that there is large majority of Sac artist that think that gang banging shit is hella bootzy X 10,000,000= Super Bootsy. But as you can see, gang bangers support each other.

Apr 25, 2002
Flossalini said:
For C-Bo's 2nd album, it was Dual Committie(Keek & Agerman). But for the most part, I don't think South Sac artist appeal to that "Bay" sound.
Dual Committee was signed to AWOL along with Pizzo.them and C-Bo was the original AWOL'ers..............

the thing is i just call it all Nor Cal shit.back in the day there really wasnt no "bay" shit.if a dude was from the O then he was from the O,the Sco,Richmond and so on.so back in the day i used to slump what i would call "local shit",just indipendent shit from this way,Oakland,Richmond,Vallejo,Frisco,Sac,Stockton.nowadays we got "bay" shit,and to me theres really no difference,but foo's in the bay,not all just mostly the youngiens,wanna differentiate them.its all northern cali and really,this little pocket of the bay area,Sac,Stockton to Modesto is only a small part of nor cal,and its pretty much the only part with a track record.Fresno too but thats pretty far.............