WWE Sending Past Wrestlers to Rehab

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 26, 2006
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Given everything that has happened in the recent months, World Wrestling Entertainment is now reaching out to any wrestler who at one time or another was under contract. If they contact WWE and admit to having a current substance abuse problem, they will send them to rehab and pay for the treatment.

One case that particularly sticks out is that of Sherri Martel. She went through rehab shortly before her death, but her painkiller use wasn't her biggest problem, as she needed back surgery that she couldn't afford. At any rate, it is a very generous offer on WWE's behalf.

Maybe we will see less of these deaths now. Who knows? I know a while back when Sean "X-Pac" Waltman was going through some shit Triple H personally paid for the rehab for him. Good look by Vince.

Feb 2, 2006
does this apply to fuckers like scott steiner
no homo but fool looks more buff now then when he was in the wwf

May 2, 2002
Good move on Vince's part. My only question is why it took so long for him(or anyone for that mattter) to take some kind of action? Wrestlers have been droppin' like fles (via drug overdose) for I don't know how long.

Hopefully, it all works out for the best.