Wrestling! dvds

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
Numbers:
Since your blog was interested and I have NO life, here's all the figures I could pull up on WWE DVD sales numbers. These are for North America (possibly the United States) only.
Only THREE WWE DVDs have sold over 100,000 units at the Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. This does not factor in bundle sales, clearance, etc. It WOULD factor in store sales, such as Best Buy which always has the movies on sale the first week they are released.
The top three are...
#1: The Rise & Fall of ECW (aprox 165,000 units at MSRP)
#2: Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology (aprox 125,000 units at MSRP)
#3: The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection (aprox 110,000 units at MSRP)
That puts it in perspective of what the very top of the ladder is. I'm guessing wrestling fans thought these things sold millions. They don't. BUT understand that they're the WWE's most profitable division because all the stuff contained in them is just archival footage. It costs pennies on a dollar to produce these sets.
The average set sells around 25,000 units. Here are the ones that are above average performers. If a DVD released after 2008, I did a rough guess based on removing the overseas stuff using sales data from older stuff. And since you can take it with a grain of salt, I put a * next to any such set.
Bloodbath: Wrestling's Best Cage Matches (about 85,000 copies)
Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker (About 70,000 copies)
The Road Warriors (about 55,000 copies)
Bret Hart (about 45,000 copies)
Shawn Michaels: From the Vault (about 45,000 copies)
Greatest Stars of the 80s (About 35,000 copies)
Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak & Triumph (about 30,000 copies)*
John Cena: My Life (about 30,000)*
Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks (about 25,000 copies)
And these are the under performing ones...
Eddie Guerrero: Cheating Death, Stealing Life (about 20,000 copies)
ECW Blood Sport (about 17,500 copies)
Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man (about 15,000 copies)*
Mr. Perfect (about 7,500 copies)
History of the AWA (about 5,000 copies)
Roddy Piper (about 3,000 copies)
Dusty Rhodes (about 2,500 copies)
History of WCCW (about 2,500 copies)*
ECW Extreme Rules (about 2,000 copies)*
Brian Pillman (about 1,500 copies)
Superstar Billy Graham (about 1,000 copies)
I tried to get numbers for the 2009 releases but they were all over the place. More then likely places reporting them made the numbers up based on how much they liked the sets. The WWE the actual numbers pretty well guarded. I was told that Kane's release was the lowest single-wrestler set of the last year (released in December of 2008 but they factor it into the last calendar year).
I think actually the WWE likely has readjusted their expectations for what a DVD is expected to sell. And mind you, in the music industry a concert DVD that says 5,000 units is considered to be a MAJOR success. So the WWE isn't exactly hurting from this drop in sales. This is all stuff that is 'in the can'.
Sources: Billboard, Video Shop Magazine, WWE's pre-2008 sales figures.​
Try google next time.

Nov 14, 2002
Not only do they sell a lot less than I expected (but then again why the hell do I assume that more than 8000 people want a Mr. Perfect dvd set?), but if you go to an fye the sports section is PACKED with used dvd's.

The only one you don't see used too often is the Rise/Fall of ECW dvd.

Everything else they can hardly even give away.

Jul 24, 2005
ROH Glory By Honor IX 2010
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5U2K63QT

9/11/10

* ROH champion Tyler Black vs. Roderick Strong - No DQ.
* ROH Tag Team champions The Kings of Wrestling vs. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas
* Double Chain Match: Kevin Steen and Steve Corino vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana
* ROH TV Title champion Eddie Edwards vs. Shawn Daivari with Prince Nana
* Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels
* Jay Briscoe vs. Kenny King
* Rhett Titus vs. Mark Briscoe
* Necro Butcher and Erick Stevens vs. Grizzly Redwood an opponent to be named

damn the why the ippv fuck up the ending to the Kevin Steen and Steve Corino vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana match roh should have offer refunds for that mishap

May 24, 2002
< NJPW Starrcade 1991 in Tokyo Dome >

Date: 21/03/1991
Venue: Tokyo Dome
City: Tokyo, Japan
Attendance: 64,500

***Card***

Animal Hamaguchi, Kantaro Hoshino, Kengo Kimura & Osamu Kido
vs.
Hiro Saito, Norio Honaga, Super Strong Machine & Tatsutoshi Goto

Flyin' Brian, The Z-Man & Tim Horner
vs.
Kuniaki Kobayashi, Shiro Koshinaka & Takayuki Iizuka

Scott Norton vs. The Equalizer

< IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship >
Jushin Thunder Liger (c) vs. Akira Nogami

Arn Anderson & Barry Windham vs. Masahiro Chono & Masa Saito

< IWGP Tag Team Championship >
Hiroshi Hase & Kensuke Sasaki (c) vs. The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)

Big Cat Hughes vs. El Gigante

Big Van Vader & Crusher Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Doom (Butch Reed & Ron Simmons)

Sting vs. The Great Muta

Riki Choshu vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

< IWGP Heavyweight Championship / NWA World Heavyweight Championship >
Tatsumi Fujinami (c) vs. Ric Flair (c)

***Screenshots***

***Part1***
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4UFSIWN
***Part2***
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y068KMZ0

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
its actually pretty good , well at least im entertained . i skipped around on the doc but seen most of it , i gotta break down and just sit thru it soon , maybe tonight since theres no kind of wrestling on .

his wwe debut is probably the most memorable of any debut for me , i remember exactly where i was when that timer ran out , and that music is some of the best work wwe ever done , it just comes in hittin and his titantron was sick .

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
its actually pretty good , well at least im entertained . i skipped around on the doc but seen most of it , i gotta break down and just sit thru it soon , maybe tonight since theres no kind of wrestling on .

his wwe debut is probably the most memorable of any debut for me , i remember exactly where i was when that timer ran out , and that music is some of the best work wwe ever done , it just comes in hittin and his titantron was sick .