wow

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Car theft plan led to Hayward slayings, police say

By Eric Kurhi
The Oakland Tribune
Posted: 02/04/2010 01:30:12 PM PST
Updated: 02/04/2010 07:56:18 PM PST

Guest book
Share condolences for Angelito Erasquin
Related
Feb 3:
Victims in Hayward killings were stabbed to death
Feb 2:
Two men slain at Hayward car auction lot
HAYWARD — Police believe Karl George Sanft, 34, went to the 70-acre auto auction lot in industrial Hayward early Tuesday morning with the intention of stealing a car.
When he left, two men were dead, each stabbed numerous times at a crime scene that police called "horrific and disturbing." And Sanft was still in a vehicle, stolen from the lot and parked "out of place" in a Sunnyvale neighborhood, when officers in that city arrested him.
He was transported to Hayward on Wednesday night, said Lt. Darryl McAllister, after it was determined that the car was from the lot.
After 31/2 hours of interrogation, Sanft, from Union City, told investigators that he was responsible for the deaths of Angelito Erasquin, 63, and James Wightman, 53, at the Manheim San Francisco Bay Auto Auction, McAllister said.
"This is a very brutal crime that really impacted the families, of course, and also the Hayward community at large, and the investigators working the case," McAllister said. "A lot of work and an enormous amount of energy was spent to bring the unexplainable circumstances behind this to some kind of conclusion."
According to police, Sanft was in a sedan borrowed from a friend when he rammed the front gate of the auction lot to gain entrance. It is believed that Erasquin — a Hayward resident who worked at the lot as a uniformed security guard — intervened and was stabbed with a large fixed-blade knife.
The
Advertisement

killer then may have seen Wightman, who was across the lot, possibly in the cab of the transport truck he had driven down from his hometown of Central Point, Ore., McAllister said.
"(Wightman) most likely witnessed some or all of what was going on, and was then targeted," he said.
Wightman was stabbed to death in the cab of his truck. A window was broken, and the truck engine was running when police arrived at the scene, but McAllister said they have not determined whether the trucker
Guest book
Share condolences for James Wightman
was trying to flee when he was attacked or whether the truck was moved during the stabbing.
Police say Sanft, who is 6-foot-3 and more than 300 pounds, then fled in a car from the lot. They believe he acted alone.
Sanft, who has a prior criminal record, is scheduled to be arraigned today.
Family members were mourning the loss of both men Thursday, and said they hope to see justice served.
"It's a tragedy and I hope the idiot who did all this, I hope there's some justice," said Wightman's sister, Susan Banta, of Salinas. "It seems people don't get what they deserve these days — but I hope they do this time."

^^^^ wow.... this was one of my brothers friends in high school... crazy shit

::

Aug 24, 2003
well i hope your brother doesnt hang out with idiots like that anymore.

that must have been absolutely terrifying, a 6'3 300lb man murdering someone with a knife in your view, the poor guy murdered just trying to make some easy dollars. and then coming after you, smashing in your window and crawling into the cab of your truck to finish you off, just because you were there and no other reason.

Aug 24, 2003
Karl George Sanft

Angelito Erasquin R.I.P.

James Wightman R.I.P.

This is definitely a death penalty case. If they have enough evidence against dude (finger prints, its almost guaranteed you leave your dna while stabbing someone, evidence on the truck cab, security footage, him in the stolen car from the lot) then I hope they gas chamber dude, because he deserves it. Look at all the criteria he meets for the chamber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_California#Current_legislation said:
Under the California Penal Code § 3604:
"The punishment of death shall be inflicted by the administration of a lethal gas or by an intravenous injection of a substance or substances in a lethal quantity sufficient to cause death…" Capital offenses
The penal code provides for possible capital punishment in:

first-degree murder with special circumstances[8]
for financial gain (1)
multiple murders (3)
to avoid arrest or aiding in escaping custody (5)
the victim was an on-duty peace officer; federal law enforcement officer or agent; or firefighter (7) ; (8) ; (9)
the victim was a witness to a crime and the murder was committed to prevent them from testifying (10)
the murder was "especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity" (14)
the murder was committed during the commissioning of robbery; kidnapping; rape; sodomy; performance of a lewd or lascivious act upon the person of a child under the age of 14 years; oral copulation; burglary; arson; train wrecking; mayhem; rape by instrument; carjacking; torture; poisoning (17)
well i guess that old fat guy wasnt technically a "peace officer" but still

Mar 23, 2004
he mustve had the tactical knife attachment, and commando pro..j/k

anyways sad story shit happens like that every hour in america. were all borrowed energy an someday we gotta give it back. R.I.P