Would Snap Music be Accepted if....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SLY

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2004
www.theslyshow.com
it was labeled as " Pop"? now i know what your thinking. thats what it is. but lets say it had no attachment too hip-hop, it was just POP Genre of music. i meen thats pretty much what it is.

mtv
radio
15 yr old kids.

Nas made an album directed at this type of music from my understanding & i dont think anyone in hip-hop is dying too see when the next a bay bay or chicken noodle soup song comes out. so my question too you siccness would it be accepted if it was stragitht POP? like i said i understand i kno thats what it really is.... but lets say it has no attachment too hip-hop.

Lets say it was considerd POP GENRE, alot of hip-hop stations would have the choice too either play it or not play it.... but it being labeled as " hip-hop" or in radio/terms " chr/rhthmic" most stations have too play based on many thing I just think hip-hop would be in a different situation if that was the case...

i meen... people would be like that shit is weak as fuck, but at least it isnt hip-hop, its pop. oh well... kinda how some people feel about justin timberlake, he tries too do the hip-hop thing but at the end of the day he is pop, but would u feel different if urban stations played the hip hop based JT songs like it was goin outta style ( as snap gets played)... Hip-Hop can keep it movin & snap will be in the little POP category.... just started thinking about how differently hip-hop would change

Drop your opinion.

Apr 20, 2005
when people start supporting artists that make good music and not one hit wonders then the snap crackle pop trap music will fade out quicker.

I say dont worry about all that bullshit on the radio and on tv. Just listen to what u like.

Jan 1, 2006
It's already being called Bubble Gum Pop shit on the streets, but because of the fast talk it's being labeled rap.

There's also subcategories of rap... snap music, crunk music, hyphy music are still apart of rap but they're just different styles.

I think everyone already does this with music... We have our commercial and underground. Our East and West, Southern and Midwest, Gangsta and Bubble Gum.

I mean the "HIP-POP" music sells but it's only selling because it's being played on the radio and people are being told this is what to listen. Some songs are catchy but there's nothing really good about them, they fizzle out like fashion... shits only a trend until the next phase comes out.

SLY

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2004
www.theslyshow.com
The Visualizer said:
It's already being called Bubble Gum Pop shit on the streets, but because of the fast talk it's being labeled rap.

There's also subcategories of rap... snap music, crunk music, hyphy music are still apart of rap but they're just different styles.

I think everyone already does this with music... We have our commercial and underground. Our East and West, Southern and Midwest, Gangsta and Bubble Gum.

I mean the "HIP-POP" music sells but it's only selling because it's being played on the radio and people are being told this is what to listen. Some songs are catchy but there's nothing really good about them, they fizzle out like fashion... shits only a trend until the next phase comes out.
i feel that, however this snap music doesnt stand for anything hip-hop. look like a bunch of clowns on tv screen which would classify it for " pop"- now agian i kno thats what it is. however i think about it like this.

I think hip-hop would be way different if there was the dope southern artists bubblin and everyone else can grind. but the culture is flooded with thos snap music crap & its fuckin the culture up & the labels are changing the culture without it being represented right. -- if it was just the southern artists like Outkast, Bun B, scareface, Wayne, jeezy, i feel hip-hop would be in a different state. another words. muthafuckas like Ya Boy, or Crooked I, or some new blood could be in the place of the ' a bay bay' or those garbage rappers.

ya dig.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Snap music is defined by the beats, not by lyrics

Theoretically speaking, you can have snap beats and good lyrics and it would not be "bubble gum rap"

There's nothing wrong with snap music, it is wack rappers that make the music suck, right now all of hip-hop is full of them, including the backpack/alternative/conscious crowd

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
but soulja boy ain't making no songs to be hella lyrical or nothing like that....he's making shit to dance to....with its own dance.....its not some shit you listen to for lyrics or anything like that....

what if it were Talib Kweli or Ya Boy or Ghostface over snap beats? would that still be considered pop or bubble gum or soemshit like that? foos are dumbing down lyrics in order to keep their music catchy so people will wanna continue hearing it and/or get it stuck in their heads

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Defy said:
but soulja boy ain't making no songs to be hella lyrical or nothing like that....he's making shit to dance to....with its own dance.....its not some shit you listen to for lyrics or anything like that....
This has been discussed many times - what's missing from today's hip-hopand what made it so good back in the days is the fun of making music, Soulja Boy definitely has it while your average I'm-so-concerned-with-being-true-to-hip-hop MC has long lost it

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
ThaG said:
This has been discussed many times - what's missing from today's hip-hopand what made it so good back in the days is the fun of making music, Soulja Boy definitely has it while your average I'm-so-concerned-with-being-true-to-hip-hop MC has long lost it
I agree...I hate when I hear someone talking down on another artist or sub-genre just cuz they don't really like them saying it's not "real hip hop", like who the fuck are you to judge what rap is real hip hop and what's not...hella judge judy's out there and shit