worst sports team nicknames...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

The columbus fucking blue jackets? wtf...

wikipedia said:
The name "Blue Jackets" was chosen to celebrate "patriotism, pride and the rich Civil War history in the state of Ohio and city of Columbus
The 76ers
wikipedia said:
Their name was changed to the "76ers," after the signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia in 1776. The nickname was quickly shortened to "Sixers" by headline writers, and the two names soon became interchangeable for marketing purposes

The utah jazz
I know the whole move thing but come on, change your name to something that makes sense...

pitsburgh penguins? fucking penguins??

name some more...

Jul 23, 2003
i know you said sports but fuck it man i'm takin ya'll back to scool. i'ma take it back to middle school & 1 year of high school i got stuck with fuckin bitch ass pussy ass birds as my mascots. richard e. byrd middle school penguins & polytechnic high school parrots. goddamn that shit was wack. in middle school our rival was a fuckin panther & in high school our rival was a fuckin cougar. WE DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE MAN FUCK!!!!!

Jul 8, 2007
i never really understood the whole oakland athletics deal. i understand what an athlete is but where does the elephant come into the picture?

never got the chargers one down either

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
After New York Giants' manager John McGraw told reporters that Philadelphia manufacturer Benjamin Shibe, who owned the controlling interest in the new team, had a "white elephant on his hands," Mack defiantly adopted the white elephant as the team mascot, and presented McGraw with a stuffed toy elephant at the start of the 1905 World Series. McGraw and Mack had known each other for years, and McGraw accepted it graciously. By 1909, the A's were wearing an elephant logo on their sweaters, and in 1918 it turned up on the regular uniform jersey for the first time. Over the years the elephant has appeared in several different colors. It is currently forest green. The A’s are still sometimes, though infrequently, referred to as the "Elephants" or "White Elephants".

The elephant was retired as team mascot in 1963 by then-owner Charles O. Finley in favor of a Missouri mule. In 1988, the elephant was restored as the symbol of the Athletics and currently adorns the left sleeve of home and road uniforms. The Elephant Mascot returned briefly in the mid eighties, under the name, Harry Elephante. In 1997, the elephant returned taking its current form, Stomper.

and fuck you, that's why the 49ers are still trying to pan for QB gold.......

Jan 2, 2004
Detroit has two pretty stupid ones if you think about it.. with the Pistons and Red Wings..

But a lot of nicknames are stupid, which is why I don't normally even think about it.

Mar 10, 2007
i know you said sports but fuck it man i'm takin ya'll back to scool. i'ma take it back to middle school & 1 year of high school i got stuck with fuckin bitch ass pussy ass birds as my mascots. richard e. byrd middle school penguins & polytechnic high school parrots. goddamn that shit was wack. in middle school our rival was a fuckin panther & in high school our rival was a fuckin cougar. WE DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE MAN FUCK!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!! "WE DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE MAN FUCK!!!!!" hahahaha that had me dying!!

Feb 1, 2006
If I was the NBA commissioner, the first thing I would do on my first day of work is make the Utah Jazz and the New Orleans Hornets swap nicknames. (Utah is the Beehive State) Everybody wins.

Feb 1, 2006
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic

The late 80s was a shitty time for nicknames. Both sound like WNBA teams or MSL... also you can add pretty much every arena football team out there have really bad nicknames.

Do you know what pisses me off, is some douchey lady from out of town started a professional indoor lacrosse team (lol) in Portland and called them the Portland Lumberjacks, which is stupid because thats an east-coast term for loggers. Calling them the Oregon Loggers would have been a lot better, and people might actually go watch that shitty sport, at least out of curiosity.