World's most expensive foods

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
Hot dog
Liz Steger Serendipity 3 is also famous for it's $69 foot-long frank — the world’s most expensive hot dog according to Guinness.

It's served on a pretzel roll toasted in white truffle butter. The all-beef sausage is grilled in white truffle oil and topped with duck foie gras, caramelized Vidalia onions, heirloom tomato ketchup and Dijon mustard.
View attachment 96856

Frozen Haute Chocolate
Reuters Serendipity 3 in New York City was known for its Golden Opulence ice cream sundae, which sets customer back a cool $1,000.

But in 2007, owner Stephen Bruce set out to get a Guinness world record for most expensive dessert for the $25,000 Frozen Haute Chocolate.

What makes it so pricey? It includes a blend of 28 cocoas, is infused with five grams of edible 23-karat gold and served in a goblet lined with edible gold.

Customers even walk away with souvenirs — an 18-karat gold bracelet with diamonds and the gold and diamond-crusted spoon and goblet set.
View attachment 96857

Steak-and-mushroom pie
Chef Spencer Burge of Fence Gate Inn in the U.K. created a steak-and-mushroom pie that sells for $12,500.
It's made from Wagyu beef, matsutake mushrooms, black truffles and two bottles of 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild, worth $6,800.
View attachment 96858

Sultan's Golden Cake
If you're in the mood to be treated like royalty, the Ciragan Palace in Istanbul, Turkey, offers the Sultan's Golden Cake for the princely sum of $1,000.

The dessert takes three days to make and has figs, quince, apricot and pears marinated in rum for two years.

In addition, it's topped with caramel, black truffles and edible gold.
View attachment 96859

Chocolate Variation
Mezzaluna, a restaurant in Thailand, holds the title of serving one of the most expensive meals ever, at $30,000 a head, in 2007.

The restaurant also boasts one of the priciest dessert menus in the world and includes the Chocolate Variation for $640.

The dessert includes champagne sorbet made from Cristal, and a slice of chocolate cake with edible gold and Perigord truffle.
View attachment 96860

Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata
You can drop $1,000 on the Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata at Norma's at the Le Parker Meridien hotel in New York City.

It has 10 ounces of Sevruga caviar, which can retail for $80 to $170 an ounce.
View attachment 96861

Buddha Jumps Over the Wall soup
Kai Mayfair in London dubs itself the "home of the world's most expensive soup" for its $165 Buddha Jumps Over the Wall soup.

The soup is made from shark fin — a controversial ingredient because shark finning is loathed by animal activists — Chinese mushrooms, sea cucumber, dried scallops, chicken, ginseng and gold.

To order this dish, customers need to give the restaurant five days' notice.
View attachment 96862

Kobe beef steak
Aragawa Tokyo's Aragawa is one of the city's most famous — and expensive — restaurants.

A serving of steak costs $368, and the price reflects the origins of the meat.

The beef, commonly called Kobe, comes from the Tajima-ushi breed of Wagyu cattle and is considered a delicacy.

But big bucks alone won't get you in the door at this restaurant, as seating is reserved for exclusive clientele.
View attachment 96863

Mac 'n' cheese
Melisse Forget that boxed blue stuff.

If you've got money to burn, Melisse restaurant in Santa Monica, Calif., serves up a mac 'n' cheese that costs $95.

The dish uses expensive white truffles, fresh tagliatelle and brown butter truffle froth.

It's offered only during truffle season, from October through December.

The confection boasts high quality ingredients including French Valrhona chocolate, fresh cream, pure Italian truffle oil and French Perigord truffle, and is crafted through an arduous process.
View attachment 96864

Richard Nouveau burger
TODAY Can a burger break the bank? Not if you're dining off the dollar menu.

But a couple of $175 Richard Nouveau burgers from the Wall Street Burger Shoppe in New York City might do the trick.

This swanky sammy includes gold flakes, black truffles, seared foie gras and aged Gruyere cheese accompanying 10 ounces of Kobe beef.
View attachment 96865

La Madeline au Truffle
Knipschildt Chocolatier Two bucks might get you a chocolate bar at the drugstore, but you have to come with a lot more sugar for a taste of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier in Norwalk, Conn.

The chocolate truffles go for $250 a pop about $2,600 for a pound.

The confection boasts high quality ingredients including French Valrhona chocolate, fresh cream, pure Italian truffle oil and French Perigord truffle, and is crafted through an arduous process.
View attachment 96866

The 12-inch Luxury Pizza
TODAY The 12-inch Luxury Pizza at Nino’s Bellissima in New York City costs a whopping $1,000, which breaks down to $125 a slice.

The restaurant needs 24 hours' notice to create the pie because it is topped with six types of caviar, which have to be specially ordered.

In addition, the pizza includes lobster, creme fraiche and chives.
View attachment 96867

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
Mac 'n' cheese
Melisse Forget that boxed blue stuff.

If you've got money to burn, Melisse restaurant in Santa Monica, Calif., serves up a mac 'n' cheese that costs $95.

The dish uses expensive white truffles, fresh tagliatelle and brown butter truffle froth.

It's offered only during truffle season, from October through December.

View attachment 96864
and at $3, a bowl of mac n cheese at roscoes chicken / waffles probably still tastes a shit load better.

::

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I have served some really expensive sturgeon caviar @ Restaurants - Along w/ Fresh Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna Goes for a lot of $$$$$$$
Chilean Sea Bass is off the charts $$$ , so is blue crab ...... Soft shell.

But then again SOME asians will pay a fucking lot for shark fin soup(in the USA) its illegal but theres places that serve it ......

Sep 17, 2007
I'd be like "Yo theres a hair on my $69 hot dog, can you take this back, and i asked for musturd with that, you left it off"

Just to see the reaction of the waitress.

Feb 7, 2006
these muthafuckin chefs better have had to fight satn himself for the ingredients...are you fuckin serious. It's not like the shit only grows once every 1000 yrs, after an ancient elven poem is recited when the moon is retrograde... people I tell ya

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
if i was a multi millionaire I'd fuck with the soup, kobe, and that hot dog. all the desert stuff doesn't even sound tasty. I mean how good can gold actually taste?

When it comes to Kobe is it really true that the Kobe cattle are served a beer every day, massaged with sake and all that other shit?

Feb 13, 2006
When it comes to Kobe is it really true that the Kobe cattle are served a beer every day, massaged with sake and all that other shit?

Yup. There's different grades of Kobe too. That Kobe you get at Ruth's Chris for $80 is American. Where the real Kobe from japan goes for $20-$30 per ounce.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Japan wont export real Wagyu Kobe beef. Anything you have seen in north America is an imitation. Its good, but not real Kobe beef.

I have eaten Sharkfin Soup before and it wasnt that great. I think it was around $40-50 a bowl. It was at an asian wedding, there was some hella weird food on the menu, some of it was tasty though, and some was nasty. My friend who was getting married pops kept bringing us bottles of remy martin vsop and moet champagne though so we had a great time. Not too mention all the hella fine asian breezies...

Feb 13, 2006
Japan wont export real Wagyu Kobe beef. Anything you have seen in north America is an imitation. Its good, but not real Kobe beef.

I have eaten Sharkfin Soup before and it wasnt that great. I think it was around $40-50 a bowl. It was at an asian wedding, there was some hella weird food on the menu, some of it was tasty though, and some was nasty. My friend who was getting married pops kept bringing us bottles of remy martin vsop and moet champagne though so we had a great time. Not too mention all the hella fine asian breezies...
So you're saying that Japan only exports imitation Wagyu kobe beef?