work changing your schedule after you see it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2004
Ive been workin at this resturant for 5 months. I was schedule to work on tuesday and thursday. I looked at it when i walked into work on saturday. It's the 8-16 schedule. It was the right one. So after was done workin i doubled checked the schedule. Again it said tuesday and thursday. I thought that was weird because im the best dishwasher there. Why wasn't i scheduled on a friday,saturday or sunday. So i go home. Before you know it. It's sunday 4 clock. I get a call and they say i work today and that i better be there in a half hour. I was like wtf!? i was watching my baby brother 4-11 tonight. I told her(manager) that i was scheduled to work 2 days this week. She tells me that if this happens again she gonna suspend me. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in the 5 months that i have worked there. The last 2 times it happened i was able to come into work but i was still late. But this time i coudnt make it. Since the last times i been very carefull when i look at my schedule. Double checking it and askin qeustons. I swear managers are changing the schedule afterwards prior to puting it out. This has happened to my friend that works there too so it's not just me. I know damn well that i was not schedule to work on that sunday. Has this happened to you guys at your work?

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

LOL @ being the best dishwasher there. Just tell them to go fuck themself and quit. You can do a lot better than a crappy dish washing job...

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Doberman said:
Make a copy or take a picture of it. CYA! Cover Your Ass!
take a pic wit a camera phone. and prove the bitch wrong next time.....managers can be bitches and shady sometimes(worked as a waiter for 2 years)

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
LOL @ being the best dishwasher there. Just tell them to go fuck themself and quit. You can do a lot better than a crappy dish washing job...

ain't nothin wrong with being a dishwasher......

that's how most people start off in the kitchen.
dishwasher-->prep cook/assistant----->head cook(da guy makin all the dishes). and from there you got a nice resume to show your next employer.

we all gotta start from somewhere.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

^There isnt anyhting wrong with it at all, but if they are gonna start fucking with him he should just go somewhere else. Its not like he cant get a similar job in another restaurant. I know how the restaurant industry is, they are shady as fuck. Ive heard stories of managers skimming off waiters tips and changing schedules at the last minute etc. Theres so many places to work, its not worth putting up with shit...

Dec 2, 2004
Nah my buddy been workin here for 4 years. He knows the general manager/owner. He's a real nice guy. However theres three more assistant managers. One of the three does the scheduling. She's the one that i think is adding days to my schedule after i look at it. She did the same to my boy josh. he was scheduled to go in at 4 and she called him at 3 and said he was supposed to start at 2. Im gonna see if i can get a photo copy of the schedule. Cause ive been very caution when it comes to writing down the days i work ever since i the last 2 incidents. For it to happen last week was streight up bullshit. I know damn well that i wasn't scheduled for sunday. Im soo sure about it i feel like chewing her out.

MR RY.... nah im better off sticking here. im worried about getting fired over this shit. They love me here. Most people start in the dishroom and they quite the week after. The dishroom = devils asshole. Especially if the resturant you work at like me has a buffet. You have any idea how many plates i gotta wash? mothersday and fatherday...=sucks!!! it takes atleast 3 month to get used to. The owner really like me and he gave me a raise a month ago. Ive been offer to move up but i declined.

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
Eyy bro bro.
dish-washer aint nothin special homie.
find some other nice lil resturant and get hired there.
cant have people fuckin with any thing that relates to gettin your money up.

Dec 2, 2004
it's nothing special but aint nobody wanna do it! haha im the fastest in the dishroom. everyone else sucks before you know it the whole counter is filled with plates. waiters have no where else to put their plates at so it ends up goin on the ground. if you cant keep up in the dishroom then closing will be longer and nobody wants that sooo they look to me. i usually work 5 days a week but i had to cut down cause i gotta babysit my brother. i love where i work at but whoever is fuckin with me schedule is gonna get me fired. im tired of this shit. you see if i go somehwere else i wont get the luxury of how many hours i want to work. my buddy is real close with the owner and because of that it makes me cool with him too. i wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Jul 4, 2002
you should tell all this to your manager, that is what they are there for and unless its a stoopid dum ass manager then they should be able to work things out without you getting fired...or talk to the owner if you need to....good luck

Apr 26, 2002
cbrennan04 said:
So i go home. Before you know it. It's sunday 4 clock. I get a call and they say i work today and that i better be there in a half hour.
quit answerin ur phone when they call! and do like they say, take that pic. btw, did u ever tap that broad that worked there? fold.

Dec 2, 2004
quit answerin ur phone when they call!
thats the thing. if I wasn't buddys with the owner i wouldn't be getting calls. if your scheduled to work on a day and you dont show they aren't gonna call you. your automatically fired. fucked up but it's the truth. and now im more scared cause i could of worked today and not know it. shit is scandalous... im just scared that this shit is gonna happen again cause so far it's happened once the last 3 months. the broad...haven't seen her in two weeks. i haven't been working alot. haven't hit it yet :(