With MTV & all, should STRANGE...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
Welcome to The Midwest would be killer. Everyone I know loves that song whether they bump Tech or not. And leave Kaliko on it too. Just add Twista's verse to it.

Sep 16, 2002
here's my idea:
make a video out of either CARIBOU LOU or NIGHT & DAY or IT'S WHAT YOU THINKIN' or WELCOME TO THE MIDWEST remix with Twista and towards the end, have Tech waking up on the road inside his tour bus looking out the window, rain pouring in the dark, showing the road... (starting the video of "THE RAIN") showing his 2 daughters as he looks out the window pulling out his cell phone thinking about them, but all of a sudden, just fade to black...giving his fans a sneak peak of "THE RAIN" music video

Feb 9, 2006
Its a really hard choice. I think I would go with Massives idea... Make a brand new song...

One that sums up all the road blocks he has gone through to get noticed and respect, and speaks about much the industry needs him to break through to shed a new light on hip hop...than put a catchy hook on it that everyone could sing together... I think that would be his best choice.

Cuz all the other songs on his album would be good ones to make once he is already in the mainstream and established...

d2v

Sicc OG
Sep 18, 2006
have people forgot about jellysickle. I think this would be his best bet cause if he can get a mainstream person like e 40 on there then he would get noticed more. If thats not an option then I would go with caribou lou

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Jellysickle was pegged along time ago to the the first "single" for Everready, was before B2B dropped. Time has passed on that, track is too old. same for The Beast...would make for a great video and even a club track (hot ass beat!), but ultimately, song's been around for too long.

Caribou Lou...that would be a good choice because it has a hot beat, a rememorable hook, and overall it's an anthem. good for the club, and pop and some urban radio might bang it. i don't want to see another "club" clip from tech, but if 'Lou' is a single, you know he'll be in the club.

The rain would also make for a good single, a 3rd one anyway. you know the whole formula: 1st single is big enough, 2nd single is way bigger, and 3rd single will either be just as, or almost as big. at times, first 2 singles are big, and 3rd one is eh, especially if the 2nd is So big, the shit sticks around for months on end. B2b got aright reception i guess, but the key is to make the 2nd and 3rd ones stick.

worst comes to it: 2nd) 'Midwest' w/ Twista 3rd) 'Lou' and 4) (optional) The Rain

Nov 14, 2003
JuggalOutkAxt said:
here's my idea:
make a video out of either CARIBOU LOU or NIGHT & DAY or IT'S WHAT YOU THINKIN' or WELCOME TO THE MIDWEST remix with Twista and towards the end, have Tech waking up on the road inside his tour bus looking out the window, rain pouring in the dark, showing the road... (starting the video of "THE RAIN") showing his 2 daughters as he looks out the window pulling out his cell phone thinking about them, but all of a sudden, just fade to black...giving his fans a sneak peak of "THE RAIN" music video

kinda how Korn did with Freak on a leash and falling away from me

Sep 16, 2006
There is a difference between making a video for mainstream purposes or making a video for those who are already Tech fans. I would like to see more of a mainstream video from Tech. But that is just my opinion. Im trying to have the mentality of those who listen to the mainstream shit and those who have never heard tech before (which is kind of hard to do btw). Most mainstream hits just have a catchy hook for most of the people that dont *actually* listen to the music. They mostly listen to the beat and the hook, most easiest to remember.

JellySickle was pry the best chance for a mainstream video - but like said earlier in this thread it won't work cuz the track is old.

Not felling Carabou Lou too much - too much like Bout 2 Bubble. The videos would be too similiar. I dont see that as a mainstream video.

What you thinking - good beat and decent catchy hook. antoher club-type video

I think "No Can Do" would be a good choice for a mainstream video. A bit more of a mainstream beat and a catchy hook. But wouldnt work that well due to having to change the hook due to the profanity.

"Night and Day" another party track, another clubish video.

"Welcome the Midwest" would be a decent video. Kinda introducing everyone to the Midwest. The hook isnt that catchy for those who aren't already Tech fans.

"My World" - I wish Em would have been able to do this. This would be a define mainstream hit just for the fact that Em is on it. But I dont think Brotha Lynch would get accepted by the mainstreamers that well, would be an interesting mix of tech-lynch-em. Guess we will never know though

Rain and ROOT would be good video, more on the personal conflict level. would have to be established before made.

This is a hard decisions to make. I would personally like to see almost every song made into a video. lol

Jan 1, 2007
JuggalOutkAxt said:
here's my idea:
hmm...aspiring director,eh?

Nov 6, 2005
Mine is a local carrier i believe- Cricket, anyway its on the realtone jukebox, dont know if other carriers use this or not but thats where i found it, shitty sounding but its it.

Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
As far as him doing a mixtape on classic beats, that'd take a real stretch from him. For one thing, a big part of what makes Tech stand out is his real unique production. If you've ever heard him on a different style beat, it sounds kinda awkward and doesn't fit well. Like Thugs Get Lonely 2 with Pac, or 187 on the Hook with Lynch and C-Bo. He just sounds odd. And not in a good way. So he'd have to stretch his flow again if he did older or more mainstream beats, or it'd just flop.

As far as another video, the whole idea of him coming to the industry is maintaining his personality and individuality, not just meeting the industry's formula. If he wanted to follow the norm, he would be signed and you never would've heard FTI. So if he DOES make another video, he'll probably try something real different. Even as a club video, B2B was different with Prozak directing it like he did. Its real different. Not as good as a normal one, imo, but still entertaining nonetheless.

So basically:

-Mixtape would quite possibly flop, especially trying to one-up Everready.
-Another video, IF it happens, probably won't be as formulaic as would be necessary for best monetary results.

Jan 17, 2007
Tech doesn't want to go mainstream, if he did he wouldn't have chose bout to bubble as his song to do it, and he damn sure wouldn't have made such a shitty video

Aug 16, 2003
sobman said:
Tech doesn't want to go mainstream, if he did he wouldn't have chose bout to bubble as his song to do it, and he damn sure wouldn't have made such a shitty video

WTF are you talking about? Just because you dont like the video doesnt mean that others dont. Keep that shit talking out of here.:angry:

Holla