Wii on Japanese Wanted Poster

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/japanese-police-seek-mii-in-hit-and-run-probe/1285385

Have you seen this man? His bespectacled and vacant-expressioned face is wanted in Japan in connection with a hit-and-run accident, but for some reason the local police saw fit to print a "Wanted" poster with a mugshot that looks suspiciously -- make that exactly -- like it was created using the Nintendo Wii's Mii channel.

No, we don't have any more information about his crime, but if our time spent playing Mario Kart is anything to go by, the culprit's probably in trouble for reckless use of red shells and banana skins.

As to how is it that the police don't have a photo of the man, but have a picture of his Mii, your guess is as good as ours. Perhaps the mugshot-sketcher called in sick that day, and a creative (and tech-savvy) cop used the break-room Wii to put together an alternative.

Jan 28, 2005
jps<--- lol

man i made a mii for me and my sons and they are dead on. my bro came and made one of him and shit looks really like him.. lol
that's on the real too.

mfkn Mii's can be dead on sometimes if you take a minute to match it up.

...which is not the same for the new Xbox live characters.