Why these KC Rap Artist Failed?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
ALot of them artsits listed are 30 years old and older. tech is 40 years old. Most major labels dont wanna give a nigga his first major deal at them ages. they perfer younger talent that have at years in them.

I really dont like Mon E.G music(what i heard so far) but he still in his 20's and I think he got a fair shot at blowing up coming his way real soon wit poe boy

Jul 30, 2008
^^^IT'S ALL G CHEEZE! I'M LIKE U, I WANNA SEE ANYBODY/SOMEONE OR GROUP PUT KC ON THE BIG INDUSTRY MAP....

BREAK DOWN THE "4 REAL" TRUST THING FOR ME HOMIE. JUST TRYIN TO PEEP YOUR P.O.V.
When I say "4ReaL" trust Im talking about the MIssouri Dept Of Corrections. I'll just say it the only way i Kno. STL niggaz is suspect of all KC/Jackson Co bandits just bcuzz of Geography. If U want me 2 put it out there, City Spud frm the Lunatics went hd 2 hd, wit my folks WesCrook wit sum Cuntry Grammer lyrics, and was put on display on the BooneVille Yard...lol..with a freestyle.....ask Cornell Jr.....they bro's n'shit...

Much Luv...

Cheddar Cheez.....

Jul 30, 2008
^^^IT'S ALL G CHEEZE! I'M LIKE U, I WANNA SEE ANYBODY/SOMEONE OR GROUP PUT KC ON THE BIG INDUSTRY MAP....

BREAK DOWN THE "4 REAL" TRUST THING FOR ME HOMIE. JUST TRYIN TO PEEP YOUR P.O.V.
When I say "4ReaL" trust Im talking about the MIssouri Dept Of Corrections. I'll just say it the only way i Kno. STL niggaz is suspect of all KC/Jackson Co bandits just bcuzz of Geography. If U want me 2 put it out there, City Spud frm the Lunatics went hd 2 hd, wit my folks WesCrook wit sum Cuntry Grammer lyrics, and was put on display on the BooneVille Yard...lol..with a freestyle.....ask Cornell Jr.....they bro's n'shit...

Much Luv...

Cheddar Cheez.....

Nov 13, 2004
ALot of them artsits listed are 30 years old and older. tech is 40 years old. Most major labels dont wanna give a nigga his first major deal at them ages. they perfer younger talent that have at years in them.

I really dont like Mon E.G music(what i heard so far) but he still in his 20's and I think he got a fair shot at blowing up coming his way real soon wit poe boy
Not that it matters...but Mon E G is 34. Still young...but not in his 20's

Jun 10, 2007
I WOULD'NT SAY ALOT...AS FAR AS EATIN. CD SALES IS DOWN FOR EVERYBODY, A COUPLE OF CAMPS IS EATIN OFF THE INDY HUSTLE IN KC

VERY TRUE BOUT KC / ST.L. I TELL ALOT OF PEOPLE FROM KC THAT WANT THAT MAINSTREAM LOOK, THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE HEAVY IN THE LOU TO HAVE A CHANCE....

THE THING ABOUT KC & ST.L IS IT'S LIKE A DIFFERENT WORLD...SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN IS WHERE THERE IS A MAJOR SHIFT. THE DONT CALL KC "THA BABY BAY" OR THE LOU "THA BABY A" FOR NO REASON....

I HAD SOME INDUSTRY PEOPLE FROM THE LOU IN K.C. @ A CLUB AND THEY NEVER HEARD A RICH THE FACTOR OR MAC DRE SONG TIL THAT NIGHT...
2 VERY DIFFERENT MARKETS!

I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES....

DA HOL 9 & X-TAC WERE BOTH HEAVY IN THEIR OPPOSITE MARKET AS FAR AS KC/ST.L. THEY BOTH HAD MAJOR LABELS GETTIN AT THEM....NEITHER MANAGED TO BLOW ON A NATIONAL SCALE THO.

AS FAR AS THE LIST THAT MAFIAQUEEN STARTED, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALL OF THEIR SITUATIONS BUT I KNOW MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THAT LIST & CAN SPEAK ON A FEW OF THEM... I'LL LEAVE THAT ALONE THO.

RICH & TECH ARE VERY SUCCESSFUL AND I APPLAUD WHAT THEY BOTH HAVE ACCOMPLISHED FOR K.C. & IN THIS RAP GAME

IF YOUR TALKIN BOUT JAN '09, MOST OF THE REST OF THE LIST IS TOO OLD TO BLOW NOW...NOT EVERY BASKETBALL PLAYER MAKES IT TO THE LEAGUE, SAME WIT THIS RAP SHIT. ALOT OF THEM ARE PRETTY QUIET ON THE MUSIC SCENE IN KC

JUST MY 2 PENNIES........................

Yea I repsect yo opinion. KC and STL is 2 diff. cities ur right. Kc got a bay area feel and St.Louis got a Atlanta/Memphis feel or you could just say more of a southern feel to it. I would like to see both cities collab more but sum thangz jus mite neva happen. They got sum vyshus ass hoods and they street on both sidesso it need ta happen and i aint talkin bout da mainstream im jus talkin bout street nigga ta street nigga makin good quality music.

www.myspace.com/okla405nicca

Aug 31, 2005

Much Luv...

Cheddar Cheez.....
YEAH THAT PENITENTIARY MENTALITY AIN'T GON GET YOU NO WHEN IT COME TO THE RAP GAME.....

GLAD BOTH THE KATS U MENTIONED ARE FREE MEN AND DOIN THEIR THING WIT THE MUSIC OON THE OUTSIDE

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
WHEN I FIRST WENT 2 KC I FELT I STUMBLED ACROSS A MILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY..THEN I REALIZED THE LEVEL OF INNER-CITY COMPETITION WHICH IN TURN COULD BE HATRED...I FUCC WITH A LOT OF CATS THERE & MUST SAY KC HAS SOME OF THE REALEST NIGGAS IN THE COUNTRY.....BUT JUST LIKE I TELL MY FOLKS IN FRESNO...IF YOU WANT 2 BE BIGGER THAN YOU ARE YOU HAVE 2 LEAVE THE NEST....THE POWER PLAYERS IN KC SHOULD GET TOGETHER & PUSH A MOVEMENT...OUTSIDE OF MISSOURI...THE TALENT & REALNESS IS THERE BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT NOTORIOUS AT ALL OUTSIDE OF THAT REGION...I'M RE-ESTABLISHING THE CALI-KC CONNECTION AS WE SPEAK...LOOK OUT 4 THE KILLA TAY/SKEIM HEEM ALBUM COMING SOON...& I PLAN ON DOING AN ALBUM WITH RICH WHEN I GET BACC OUT THERE IN THE MIX....I SUPPORT KC 2 THE FULLEST CUZ THEY SUPPORT ME....NETWORKING OUT OF STATE IS THE BEST THING I CAN SUGGEST CUZ THE MUSIC IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS MANY REGIONS....KEEP IT MOBBY

Feb 8, 2003
U SOUND LIKE U AIN'T KNOW WHT THA FUKC WAS GOIN ON IN THE TOWN. INDUSTRY AGE IS 20'S....REALITY IS, TOO OLD TO BLOW. GOOD LUKC!

YOUR BOY FRIEND MUST BE _ _____

Point is just like anyone else outside your town I dont give a shit what goes on in your town so lets me make that clear also this wasnt about your town it was about a list of rappers that queen put up wondering why they havent achieve success on the higher levels. dont get mad bc your name is never mentioned on here. in closing This could be my time to roast you on here(for your lil subliminal shit you put at the bottom) but its a new year and im in new spirits. so im not gonna even worry bout some bitter blocker with a name like soul mutt.

Jul 29, 2008
KC is not the only region that is suffering. It seems the mainstream wants to get people that are new (for this generation). there are alot of artists out there that put the dopest muzik out, but since the radio/tv will play the same shit for hours, there aint no love for underground/local artists, on that mainstream tip. Regional obsticle courses are just that, regional.

Feb 8, 2003
YOU'RE PROLLY THE ONLY ONE THAT CAUGHT THAT SLICK HANGMAN SHIT AT THE BOTTOM TOO...I'M NOT NO FUCKIN DUMMY, U JUST HAD TO THROW YA CAPE ON AND HAVE YA BOYFRIENDS BACK W/ THEM 10,000 POST. GET A FUKCIN LIFE
How is speaking the truth throwing a cape on? your a bitter blocking, blackball nigga and it shows bc all i said is mon e got a good chance of blowing up long as he does it right(not drop the ball) and you got all jealous saying hes my boyfriend and all that weak shit, sorry mutt i dont swing that way im strictly women.

For the record I dont even know that mon e g dude personally or even own his albums so save that shit. and it dosent matter how many muthafuckin posts i got(get off my dick and worry bout your public libary computer access). if you knew what you was talking about you wouldve known i used to do album reviews on here so all my post was double counted.

U DON'T EVEN KNOW ME TO TALK ALL THAT BLOCKIN SHIT EITHER,

You have blocker wys I dont gotta know you to see it either its all in your posts on here in the other thread. You was hating on that mon e g dude so hard bc he doing way more then you have or will ever do in your life.

I GET MONEY OFF THIS MUSIC SHIT...NOTHIN BITTER OVER HERE

I dont believe that one bit.

What do you do anyway besides pass out concert flyers and free mixtapes?

Since you superior to all the other kc artists tell us how you so special and making all this alleged rap money and moves.

Feb 8, 2003
LOL, U FUNNY. NEVER HINTED AT MON E G IN REFERENCE TO YOUR BOYFRIEND, DUMMY. WAS'NT EVEN HATIN ON DUDE, JUST POINTIN FACTS OUT. I GAVE HIME SOME COMPLIMENTS IF U CAN READ CORRECTLY....

THIS AIN'T ABOUT HIM! THAT WAS IN REFERENCE TO THE BOY U WAS BEHIND, THE "SUPER (COM)POSER". QUIT TWISTIN SHIT UP SUCKA.

Y'ALL INTERNET GEEKS IS LAME AS HELL... AIN'T GOTTA EXPOSE NO MOVES OR MONEY, SHIT IS GOIN GOOD & I'M TRYIN TO KEEP IT LIKE THAT.

U MUST BE DOIN RESEARCH ON THE KID TO BE SPEAKIN BOUT SHIT THAT DON'T TAKE PLACE ON THE SICCNESS... KEEP ASKIN THEM SUCKAZ ABOUT ME

THIS BOARD AIN'T TRYIN TO HEAR US ARGUE OVER NOTHIN, SO I'MA LEAVE THIS ALONE. U DONE TWISTED SHIT UP SO TOUGH, U CAN'T COMPREHEND SHIT.

LOOK AT MY OTHER POST AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T TRY AND BLOKC SHIT FOR ANYONE TRYIN TO PUT ON FOR KC......U FUCKIN CLOWN!

You gotta be the most ignorant stupid ass nigga on this site. I didnt research you and non to less care about you nigga. You was the one on here gloating like you making this rap money and all this shit. You was even ion that other thread acting like you shifting gears and pushing buttons in every kc artists music careers like you the broke version of p diddy or jimmy iovine and shit. I just asked how you getting money from music when your unknown and dont even have a fanbase, shit You probaly still dont even have your own car yet.

I guess you talking about d baker when you said a super composer. truth is he making moves so dont hate him. You nothing but a tommy dreamer nigga.

call me a clown all you want i straight clown your ass(ringling bros style). I rather be a clown then a lame ass tommy dreamer like you.

since you done with it I am too, this whole debate is funny reading this shit so im gonna let you stay in your doghouse chained up mutt.

good luck or let me change it to your high school decoder language, good LUKC.

Jun 19, 2008
wow.. arguing...
but Court dog said he was quitting his rap career he produces and acts in movies. he has several movies under his belt...
you guys failed to talk about D.o.v.e. d.a.w.g. he dissapeared... last album in 1998 his shit was pretty tight..
another one is d-loc and dalima..
dalima putting out a new solo though and so is lejo
the midwestsiders are actually putting out albums here and there,
several rappers like young z stopped putting out albums and where pretty tight..

Mar 8, 2006
www.thephylumonline.com
U my friend are misinformed. U must still think its 1995. Tech get his money off shows not record sales. Tech aint seeing $10 off no record!! And I hope and would guess Tech is doing "Okay" financially but far far from rich. Court Dog is the only rapper "I" know of from KC that could probably be catagorized as lightweight "rich" but its not from music. But I hope Tech gets his just do real soo.
dawg, i bet you tech is making damn near $500K a year. real talk.

he's probably pulling down at least 5 or 6 stacks a night AFTER he pays everybody. X 60 nights a year = 350K

+ features
+ royalties from a healthy (and constantly growing) catalog
+ let's assume at this point he's probably smart enough to invest his money in some other ventures like an IRA/personal retirement, real estate, life insurance, stocks, bonds, etc.

look at alot of the ringtone rappers and fly-by-night shit that get's play and fades into bolivian. tech is shitting on alot of some of the biggest artists in history. just look at michael jackson. hardly any of the artist are knocking down show money like tech, or any other money for that matter. alot of doctors, lawyers, small businesses don't net in the 100K's. when you put it into perspective tech is doing extremely well. he probably spends 160+ days a year traveling and spending money w/o a care in the world. i guarantee you won't find a doctor or lawyer his age with that amount of cash flow and leisure time.