WHY TECH WILL NEVER BE MAINSTREAM (Intelligent convo. only)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
There have been countless threads posted on this board by disgruntled technicians who cannot seem to comprehend why Mr. Aaron Yates is not on MTV or the Radio. In other words, many of the members of this forum think Tech’s music is meant for everyone.

Anyways, there is a lot of truth to what I have to say on this matter, so I made a new thread. Please take the time to read this, and think about it. And, if you have something worth contributing... please do so.

Ok here it is,

Oct 16, 2006
Tech will never be mainstream. He doesn't fit in with it, period. Despite the fact that I feel he is the most talented rapper to ever live, it doesn't matter. Mainstream is not for him: his flow, style, content and most importantly his attitude are way to revolutionary and individual to be forced to conform to the mainstream criteria. Tech’s style or flavor if you will is very unique and potent. And not everyone has the same tastes. You might not consciously know it, but his music is often laced with undertones of depression or suppressed rage. People who are less familiar with these feelings (Depression, Anger, Resentment towards society {Mainstream}) are almost instantly turned off by his music. For the most part, we, tech fans, are desensitized to this fact and are able to appreciate his music. In fact, many of you are probably blind to the reality that Tech's music is riddled with negative energy. Why? Because you are so used to living with these negative emotions, that it doesn't even faze you, or better yet, you can relate to it. I love Tech's music, and I am not bashing any one on here, I am simply stating facts. So if you think that sexy broad is going to be turned on by your Tech N9ne collection, think again.

Oct 16, 2006
Contributions:

techs anger and resentment makes his music even more powerful
he has the most complex style ive ever heard and i sincerly think no one can do it better

in introducing techs music to people, ive found that steeppockets is right, they dont get it
any of it
so fuck it, the select few can know why hes the best
:siccness:

Feb 10, 2006
aint read above^^

sorry im wasted, but to reply to the topic...he is on his way, n he prolly jus where he wanna be,,,, reaches his main fans without the TV/ GAY media

atleast when we goto a tech show..he chops it up with fans, unlike your 50's/Jay-Z etc.

if he was major...shows wouldnt be the same :ermm:

Aug 26, 2003
I'm glad he's still underground.
Mainstream = more popularity, and sometimes more money, but also a label telling you what kind of music you need to make.

Jan 5, 2007
I'm glad he's still underground.
Mainstream = more popularity, and sometimes more money, but also a label telling you what kind of music you need to make.
if tech goes mainstream he will still do what he wants, cuz his label is independent so no one will tell them what to make.. also labels are smarter then you think, 1. if tech made it big with the music hes making now, the industry isnt going to want him to change there going to want him to do the same cuz he selling, then other labels will want to find people like tech

thats why this dance era in hip hop is so big, cuz one person makes big bucks and then other labels go looking for other dance artists to make money off of, cause thats what hot right now

but the dance era will end, just like the gangsta era did, and a new era will come (not saying that these era's will die just saying they wont be whats hott)

and MrSteepPockets i agree 100% good post bro

Sep 29, 2007
techs anger and resentment makes his music even more powerful
he has the most complex style ive ever heard and i sincerly think no one can do it better

in introducing techs music to people, ive found that steeppockets is right, they dont get it
any of it
so fuck it, the select few can know why hes the best
:siccness:

Oct 16, 2006
Some of you caught onto some poor word choices (among other things) that I had in the original post. I did a quick edit on it, let me know what you think.

NZTECHFAN & Traviz1990, I appreciate the feedback

but with the whole depressed white kids thing, i think hes relating to tech n9nes crowds at his concerts..gathering of the juggalos
Thats exactly what I was referencing. However, it weakened my statement so I just took it out.