Why so many mainstream remixes????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Can these rappers not a make a good song by myself???? Are good beats really that hard to come by........

Doing a freestyle on a mixtape over a beat is one, but it seems like these rappers are trying make remixes like they are actually on the song.......

Aug 9, 2006
i agree with you that shit is weak.........usually by the time people use the beat on a song on a mixtape......the REAL song is played the fuck out so i aint even tryin to bump that shit cuz people will be like "is he really bumpin that song that is hella fuckin played out"

Mar 18, 2006
Most of these rapper cant even finish a real album or even make a good album.and the one you people be pumpin up here is wack too.weak ass albums you forget in one month.thats why they make them remixes cause it only takes 16 bars and a popular beat to pull it off.and most cant even pull that off without sounding like they got dick in their ass wile rapping.

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
i agree to an extent......

we have done remixes for the radio in the past where we redid songs like "deja vu" by beyonce where we filled in one of jay-z verses, and "bossy" by kelis where we redid shorts verse, but it was for radio dj's. we never marketed the songs like it was ours people knew that. it was obvious we were redoing hits that were already in rotation.

mixtapes are cool for the artists to give fans a defferent perspective of their talents. we just did a mixtape rappin over other cats beats, but there are only maybe 2 or 3 "singles" we used. most of the beats arent even things that ever hit radio. but we also have a double album with original material on the shelf to back it up.......

i think the bullshit comes in when cats add their verses to songs and act like they did it with the artist. thats not the business.....