Why Is This Board Lead by Kansas City???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Just wondering, the Midwest is a big place, lots of cities are bigger than Kansas City but it seems like the KC folks run deeper on this message board, I'm just wondering why. When you think about it, it's amazing b/c Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland & St. Louis metro areas are all significantly bigger than KC. But still, KC seems to dominate this message board.

My theory is that Siccness is a West Coast based website and no other Midwest city's rap connections go through the West Coast like KC. Guys like Fat Tone, Rich the Factor, Tech N9ne all seem like they spent a lot of time recording out there, and I know the Bay Area stuff was real popular in Kansas City.

May 20, 2006
We hungry in KC. Cats might feel like they already eating in other Midwest cities, so Siccness isn't a priority. However, KC cats like to spread their hustle by any means necessary. Maybe, I dunno, just throwing it out there.

Oct 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
for one thing i dont think many people sound like bay music around KC except a few cats like Rich and Phitburgh Philthy but thats their choice . Tech just moved out their to Cali just a few years ago and it was to get to the next level which is hard as fuck to do around here to make thing happen . he don't have any Bay sound to his music one bit and still reps KC to the fullest . why St Louie and the other Midwest peeps aint on here is a good question but outta our control , they choose not to come here and post for some reason . i do know if cats like Lyrical Warefare have too big of egos and people just dont wanna hear it or atleast their attitudes .

Feb 1, 2006
I'm pretty sure the reason is the one your thinking. Siccness is a primarily bay area message board & K.C has wayyy more relations with the bay than any other midwest city.

Aug 31, 2005
maybe because we jack tha most laptops off tha trains in tha midwest...lol
naw i'm just bullshittin! siccness is a westcoast based website and KC has tha biggest westcoast whuteava u wanna call it. i was raised in tha SCO and cats in KC got some kinda connection to tha bay area for some reason.

Apr 25, 2002
Well whatever the answer is, I'm glad. You guys have a lot of talent, most people don't know. I've been to the city a couple of times, been to the Negro Leagues Museum, had me some of that good food you guys make. The other day I ran 6 miles for the first time in awhile and to get all the way through it I had KC music playin on my IPod for the whole 45 minutes. My buddies at school in Minnesota from each coast were sleeping on KC, all that they'd ever say is "that's those country fuckers who shot Mac Dre" but I'd try to tell them that KC was harder than their city and also held more rap talent.

..I AINT NEVER DROPPED A CD, AND EVERY NIGGA FROM THE STREETS IN THE TWINCITIES KNOW ABOUT ME....I'M FROM MINNEAPOLIS BORN AND RAISED AND MY SHIT BANGS. AINT NO CITY GOT SHIT ON MPLS TO ME! BUT I'M FROM HERE THO. ALL MY FAM FROM KC AND IF YOU FROM MPLS THEN YOU KNOW ABOUT KC MO AND KC KAN NIGGAZ AND THEY MUZIC.

BUT ANYWAY... KC NIGGAZ IS ON THEIR HUSTLE SO MUZICALLY THEY ARE KNOWN MORE IN THE RAP GAME THEN MOST OTHER MIDWEST CITIES...

SHIT I'M STILL WAITIN TO HEAR SOME LEJO SHIT AND I BEEN KNOWIN ABOUT DELIMA SINCE HE WAS 17 BACK WHEN I WAS WORKING ON MS.CHAMBERS CD.

YALL GONNA SEE MORE MN SHIT SOON.. KEEP DOIN YA THANG KC

TANQUERAY LOCCSTER.... THATS "LOCC-STER" SPOKEN WITH THE ERRR..CUZ I'M FROM MINNESOTA....AN I SPIT IT LIKE THAT

Aug 31, 2005
imawalkingcorps said:
Soul Mutt said it best, from what I have gathered knowing people from and visiting Chicago and St. Louis people feel they are more of an east coast type.
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU CHRIS! WHEN I WAS IN ATLANTA THIS PAST SUMMER DJ JUICE FROM THE BAY INTRODUCED ME TO A ARTIST FROM OUT THERE AND SAID " THIS IS THA HOMIE SOUL M.U.T.T. FROM K.C."THA BABY BAY"". ERYBODY KNOWS THAT THERE IS A STRONG CONNECTION GOIN ON WITH KC AND THA BAY(THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SECTION IN THA BIGGEST INDEPENDENT STORE IN KC AND I'M SURE THEY OUT SELL THA LOCAL TOWN HEROES TOO...). ST. LOUIS IS "THA BABY A", THEY HAVE A BIG CONNECTION WITH ATLANTA. CHI-TOWN IS SO BIG THEY HAVE THEIR ON TYPA-HYPE GOIN ON AND THEY GET DOWN WITH PEOPLE TO THA EAST MOST OF THA TIME, SAME AS DETROIT. INDIANAPOLIS IS SIMILAR TO ST. LOUIS AND GRAVITATE MORE TO THA SOUTH TOO.
KC IS HEADIN IN THAT DIRECTION(SOUTH) BUT HAVE SOME STRONG ROOTS WITH THA BAY AND CALI.
I'M SURE THA CD'S THA SICCNESS.NET PUT OUT DO BETTER IN KC THAN MOST OTHER MIDWEST CITIES TOO.
ALSO WE HUNGRY IN KC AND WE READY TO EAT...LET'S GET IT IN!