Why is marijuana REALLY illegal?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Why does the government's drug agencies use most of their power & money to keep mj off the streets when crack, heroin, meth, and other drugs are the real problem? Post up your thoughts, i'll post mine later today.

Fawg

Sicc OG
Aug 1, 2002
Because they can't tax it. How the hell you gunna tax something everyone can grow.

Its a "GateWay" drug, is another reason I heard. But I don't believe that its the GateWay drug. Thats Alcohol, well, thats were i began anyway.

~Fawg

May 2, 2002
It's only a gateway drug if you want it to be. I've smoked weed for a long time and I've never tried another drug. I would never even touch acid, crack, sherm, etc. I guess if your the type of person who is always looking for that "higher high" then your the type of person who would try weed and move onto something else. But the same thing could happen with alcohol.

Jun 11, 2002
I think MJ is illegal today because someone with power and authority deemed it bad long long time ago.

others who wanted to be in power (ie congressmen or mayors) "hop the bandwagon" and agreed cuz they're public image was at stake. to have the people stop thinking that weed is bad would require a complete re-programing of they way most elder americans think..

Apr 25, 2002
ALCOHOL IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN WEED, PEOPLE DONT GET HIGH OFF WEED AND THEN DECIDE TO DO DIRT ALL OF A SUDDEN, DRANK MAKES ALOT OF PEOPLE FOR GET ABOUT CONSEQUENCES AND NOT GIVE A FUCK

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
EVERY FUCKING DRUG IS A GATEWAY DRUG.

Weed -> Ohh, lets try some shrooms now! -> Ok well i did shrooms, it must aight to snort a couple lines -> ohh yeah im lovin this yay, so smoking crystal must be even better! -> crack -> heroin.

Now not many people get to that final line or whatever, but "real" drugs (marijuana is a vitamin to me) are about progression and going further and further.

Who cares where it starts. Weed is the best.

Nov 5, 2002
www.geocities.com
I think its illegal because like someone said you can't regulate it when everyone could just grow they own I wish it was legal tho!

And about it being the gateway drug I dont belive that shit because I been smoking weed for a while now I dont even think about nothing else I get high enough off Mary Jane.

I agree with whoever said Alchol should be illegal thats so real. How many people you know get drunk and do some stupid shit while driving ??? Now how many you know that get high do stupid shit? If anything I drive better when I'm blown if anything.

Apr 25, 2002
it is illegal because of the dupont chemical company lobbied the government in the 40s and 50s to ban the substance. Dupont created a process of making paper out of trees. Hemp on the other hand had an established process of making paper out of a renewable source, the hemp pant. Dupont wanted to make money so they lobbied and threw hella money at the government to ban the substance. That is when a ll the propoganda started. If you really want to know read a book called: The emporer wears no clothes. Dupont is one of the main reasons.

Apr 25, 2002
The reason marijuana is an illegal drug is pretty obvious just by reading some of these replies. And if you can't figure it out, maybe it's time to quit smoking weed and get your head right.

Fawg

Sicc OG
Aug 1, 2002
gimpypimp said:

Yeah...right. We tried that before. It didn't work, and it will never work.
And I hope we will never try it again. I also don't think of MJ as a drug.

Did you know The Decloration of Independence was writtin on hemp paper. And the G. Washington had MJ fields. No No, not tobacco, WEED. There is many examples of great men in history using weed, and look what they accomplished. So why not have a nation of creative people.

~Fawg

----------------------------------------------------------------
I did not creat the world around me, I just live in it.