Why is Big Von Promoting Dorrough Music more than He is any bay Album that came out?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
lets not forget that dorrough is 1 of the headliners for the "bay area block party" i.e. the new summer jam. its the business trade off. if i know von, he probably dont like dorrough music either. its just his job.

vons job is to deal with multimillionaires daily and explain to them why the numbers are how they are. why the jacka had 35+spins a week he didnt have a record in stores. there was no business reason to push him until he had an album out. well dorrough had a catchy song, von broke it, it blew up and he does sell indie records. he is head lining the block party with r kelly. thats that.

when the bay wakes up and realizes von is only doing a job, and his personal feelings (while they can hurt you more than help you) dont dictate what the big bosses say to play. a national top 40 is in place to compete with sirius satellite radio. you can go to any city in the country and hear 30+ or the same songs on clear channel stations.

some regions push for more "local" slots in the top 40 and the big money markets have less room for play.

remember, when you make your music, you are competing with the rest of the country. not just your street. make the state feel you, and kmel will follow right with it.

i was on the phone with von 3 months ago and told him drake was gonna blow up and he hadnt even given dude a listen. turn on kmel today and dude is on every 4th/5th song. cause he got to buzzin.

the game is more checkers than chess...... that is if your pieces you play with play along with you.......
That nigga aint headlining the block party R.Kelly and Keyshia Cole are.And any nigga could be at the block party if they blew them up.Shyt A-Wax or AP-9 would gladly do the block party for free if Von played they song every hour every day.Them New Boy niggas even said they know they music garbage but as long as radio play it they gon keep makin that kinda music.My point is whatever u play all day will become catchy enuff that ppl like it.Von coulda broke any bay record he wanted to but he chose dudes for a reason and like many other ppl said that reason probably money.E1 records may have von on payroll.

May 7, 2006
lets not forget that dorrough is 1 of the headliners for the "bay area block party" i.e. the new summer jam. its the business trade off. if i know von, he probably dont like dorrough music either. its just his job.
You have to admit, that is pretty sad. Bay Area radio stations are trash in general. Look at any other hip hop station in a major market and look at their concerts. Wild 949 and 106 KMEL throw shitty concerts.

Dz Nutts Radio

dznuttsradio.com
Jan 27, 2008
www.dznutts.com
You have to admit, that is pretty sad. Bay Area radio stations are trash in general. Look at any other hip hop station in a major market and look at their concerts. Wild 949 and 106 KMEL throw shitty concerts.
MOST ARE, but 91.3 fm in the v town (now online)<--- THE TRUE PPLS STATION!!! http://tinyurl.com/cgcnea

instant request a track via A.I.M = dznuttsradio WE LIVE 24/7
or just state ur name for a shot out!!!

we have been helpin make ppl famous since 96

Feb 15, 2008
Does your favorite sports teams draft only local players?? radio is a business and like any other business if you dont like there product dont listen to them easy as that.

Nov 8, 2008
www.myspace.com
in L.A They play that jerk shit because of the fad...so when hyphy was blowin up it didn't get play?Certain slot's are mainstream act's i'm sure the Jacka got play with "all ova me" on Kmel

Jun 29, 2007

vons job is to deal with multimillionaires daily and explain to them why the numbers are how they are. why the jacka had 35+spins a week he didnt have a record in stores. there was no business reason to push him until he had an album out. well dorrough had a catchy song, von broke it, it blew up and he does sell indie records. he is head lining the block party with r kelly. thats that.

when the bay wakes up and realizes von is only doing a job, and his personal feelings (while they can hurt you more than help you) dont dictate what the big bosses say to play. a national top 40 is in place to compete with sirius satellite radio. you can go to any city in the country and hear 30+ or the same songs on clear channel stations.

some regions push for more "local" slots in the top 40 and the big money markets have less room for play.

remember, when you make your music, you are competing with the rest of the country. not just your street. make the state feel you, and kmel will follow right with it.

i was on the phone with von 3 months ago and told him drake was gonna blow up and he hadnt even given dude a listen. turn on kmel today and dude is on every 4th/5th song. cause he got to buzzin.

the game is more checkers than chess...... that is if your pieces you play with play along with you.......
Preach brother Dutch....