Why has tech n9ne not blown up?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 25, 2002
i don't get it...the same ja rule/missy elliot crap on the radio every day and tech n9ne has about 50 times the tallent yet he gets like no play on the radio or TV. Wtf? This shit just pisses me off and annoys me. Thought i'd just rant after listening to the gay shit MTV plays.

May 2, 2002
Ja Rule, Missy Elliot, etc. Thats all mainstream bullshit. Nobody cares for that shit, unless you tune in to MTV. IMO, Tech blew up with "Questions". Just 'cause you don't see somebody's video on MTV, BET, or VH1 doesn't been they haven't blown up.

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
^^^ Good Example.

I think that Tech will blow up someday. Hes just not mainstream enough for any of these record people and they are all about the $$$. Unless something changes they wont sign anyone like tech.

Aug 21, 2002
It's gotten to the point that I dont even care anymore about the music industry and what the fuck they are feeding us with... I know one thing... I am going to do something that will change MTV music history if this shit doesn't change very soon... I think that I might run around butt naked on the TRL live set with a F.T.I. shirt on or some shit. Fuck em' who gives a shit now... Can win for losing anyway's... LoL!!!!

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
i would say he already blew up... maybe not to platinum status, but look where he is now.... on mtv and nbc with FTI, debuting at number 77 with absolute power... going on tour with jay-z, nappy roots, and NERD..... that's pretty damn good. and he still get's mad respect from everyone in the game (well anyone who know what they are talking about)

Oct 9, 2002
Personally i dont care if he blows up or not. I mean i want the guy to do well and all but i dont ever care to have to wade through trl homos to get to the front of a tech concert. Just my 2 cents.

Peace

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

i dont know if i can agree about the INDUSTRY shit really......
i mean look at 50cent.......this dude is talkin shit on the #1-rappep (mainstream) in the world (ja-rule).....this dude is so street....and gangsta.....

but look at him....he is on every music channel....video channel...and radio....

and alls he did is take ONE Mainstream beat....but some lyrics on there that the stupid bitches can dance too.....and look at his album.....2 million sold in 3 weeks.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he knew exactly what he had to do to get his shit sold....its the bitches....if they cant dance to it.....they aint gonna buy it!!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the industry is punks.....as far as tech, lynch, .....etc etc...
not gettin any play on tv......but then that is all brought back to $

if you dont give money....people aint gonna play your shit....

enough said......

Mar 2, 2003
fuck i don't want tech to blow up, cuz it'd be the same shit as 50 cent, nobody knew who the fuck he was b4, but now that he signed with em, it's 50 this, 50 that, 50 50 50 blah blah blah, if u want proof go to www.boxden.com check out the message board, last time i checked there was still 2-3 50 posts up there. it was reall bad the week b4 his album dropped till prolly 1 week ago, at one point there must have been 15 different 50 posts started in the same day. and now that hes all big all the trendy fucks are like" dude he has other shit, lemme cop that shit man", and i just sit there and tell em to fuck off cuz they would never had known of 50 if he didn't put out a couple of mainstream singles and signed with em. so fuck tech blowin up, i don't want all the trendy fucks peepin him and jump on the bandwagon, then i'll hear 9/10 cars drive by bumpin that shit and it might get old fast. i dunno bout u guys but if u hear everybody listenin to the same shit it gets old to me, i can listen to tech for like 3weeks straight between all his cd's but if everybody else was i dunno what i'd do.
one
GhosT

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
Fuck that.

I want Tech to blow up. That means more beats from Neptunes, Tim, etc etc. Also tight ass collabs out the ass. Not to mention a vintage Tech album.

Fuckin sick that you dont want Tech to blow up just cause you might not be the only rebel. Fuck that.