Why does this always seem to be the case?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 18, 2005
On my sig. considering we're on (siccness), a collective discussion board which shows this happening all the time.

edit: "People are most persuaded by arguments to which the majority agree"

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Fear of being different and going against the grain. The majority has had a serf mentality given to them from a young age. No need to force an opinion on people, just make them think it's their own. If you want an example, there has been a rise of a ridiculous term, "un-circumcised penis", that's a regular penis. We live in a time and country where non religious circumcision is the norm, this in itself is an abnormality. Through media and society, a regular penis is considered weird or different. Utter stupidity. Same thing with the term "straight" to imply being heterosexual, why do I need another term to describe normal?

May 20, 2004
www.rapbay.com
Fear of being different or exposing themselves to ridicule by others that they seek approval from. But also cultural conditioning. If from a young age most people are fed certain ideas, values, morals, etc.. and these constructs are taken to be real then it becomes absurd to think any other way.. just like albooboo said above. Also the fact that there may be limited positions, views or outcomes to the argument or discussion in the first place again due to cultural conditioning.

But the want for acceptance plays a big role. The want for approval or to fit in... in a society and culture that plays to much on monetary wealth, appearance, deluded concepts of success... the pressure to perform and fit in is so great that subconsciously people will naturally gravitate towards a more general and widely accepted view point on any matter. And the stakes get higher according to the weight of the issue discussed.

This culture is built on fear. And seeking comforts that will present a certain appearance that will be awarded with whatever form of praise is fitting. Social, political, economic, religious and scientific paradigms usually have to run their course to their respected inevitable failures before a new way of living or viewpoint can be comfortably adopted by the masses.

The majority of western peoples minds are weak and conditioned.. you are delicately fed what you are intended to attach to and subconsciously help propagate. Mankinds greed, ignorance and fear will be it's downfall.

Jiddu Krishnamurti's famous talk which some of you may know from the beginning of the first Zeitgeist film still stands the test of time:

"We were saying, how very important it is, to bring about in the human mind the radical revolution. The crisis, is a crisis in consciousness. A crisis that cannot anymore accept the old norms, the old patterns, the ancient traditions. And, considering what the world is now, with all the misery, conflict, destructive brutality, aggression and so on... man, is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive... and he has built a society along these lines."

And that concludes my wrathful and borderline misanthropic input for the day.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
The rise of social-paths in recent society as of late because lack of reading comprehension skills. Critical thinking skills diminished, once they do start to think for themselves they are shot down by the retard majority. Then low self esteem comes into play and starts eating away at their untapped abilities.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
People are more than likely to do this on a subject or area they arent well versed in. It happens all the time..ever watch "who wants to be a millionaire?" ...when the person ask the audience and majority of the audience picks D..the person is likely to go with the audience because they figure if all those people picked the same thing, they must know what they are talking about....if not, then at least they have a better idea than me...

I dont know many MF's that would agree that the sky is red if told by majority of people, when they clearly see that the sky is light blue...these people do exist though...we have some real cowards in this world...

Smile

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2010
Well, i guess it may have to do with self-conscious issues, and like al boo boo mentioned, its ingrained in people. If we had a society that praised people who come up with innovative ideas that don't necessarily benefit corporations, unlike what we have now, then we would see a very different societal outcome.

Sometimes we just need a friend who has a high self-knowing, and can point out how flawed everyone's perceptions are in order for you to understand that simply living shouldn't cause any mis-perceptions of what you are worth in this life.

Smile

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2010
For everyone:

Of all the people you know, how many actually formulate original thoughts of their own? How many are critical thinkers?
I know one, and he dropped out of high school and was addicted to heroine due to the suppression of his intelligence in this society.

Luckily now he's sober, but still fucking frustrated.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
For everyone:

Of all the people you know, how many actually formulate original thoughts of their own? How many are critical thinkers?
I would say out of everyone I know, maybe 5%. That's probably being generous too. You're in Vallejo too, how many of the people you know would you say qualify?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I would say out of everyone I know, maybe 5%. That's probably being generous too. You're in Vallejo too, how many of the people you know would you say qualify?
In this city? Not many.

Everyone we know and our personal circles are very different numbers, which figure do you want?
No, I asked him that because he mentioned his friend, however if you want you can list an approximate number or give a percentage.