why do ya cats say ''nigga''??????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2002
i dont understand that.........if you are in a chicano or mostly chicano gang........why say nigga??????????My cousin be sayin' ''ENE'' and shit like that......but even when he banged blood on the outs,he never said nigga.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I got into a heated discussion about this once in the BART forum.
I explained it then but I'll give you a short touch.
I can't really speak on the rest of the Yay but I can speak on EPA.
EPA used to be a predominately Black city.
There were a few Mexicans and Poly's around the time I started living here. Non-blacks picked up on many things from the blacks, including their slang. Before I knew it, everyone used the word "nigga" like nothing.
Nigga and "rogue" to be exact. It was part of our vocabulary, black cats would reffer to us as "niggas" so everyone picked up on it. Next thing I know, the entire West Bay started using the word, no matter what color you were. Cats in the East Bay and in the South Bay don't use it as much.
But I guess the same happenned with everyone else, it became part of our Bay slang.

Hell even a Fillipino cat here at work tells me says it.
And he just moved here from Long Beach where he says everyone down their uses it.

I ain't gonna lie, I use it all the time.
It's how we grew up ya know?
A few black cats trip on it, but they got issues.
All of my folks ain't got a problem with it.
I can't help it, I use it even in our music.
But I'll think twice about it cuz I know there's cats out there that are new to this....

Feb 9, 2003
i honestly never have used that word out in public, i do say it around some people but only joking and never use it as a racist word but i can't speak for others. Like i said blacks don't say Wetback so i don't say nigga cuz if they step out of line like that then i might trip off of that shit.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i know that for my cali assyrianz and chi town assyrianz...we were all raised around blkz and leanred there wayz of talk and dress...but we dont mind it...itz not sumthing that crosses our mindz....in my eyez...nigga and nigger iz 2 diffrent thangz...nigga referz 2 homiez or otherz...nigger iz a racist slag for a blk male/or stupid person....sumone who iz not smart...it was added 2 the dictionary becuz of itz newer meaning...not refering 2 a blk male...but i dunno...all of us assyrianz say it....all my blk homiez call me by nigga...but im very careful 2 say it 2 certain ppl...but if sumone startz trippen off it...i will stop using it...but thatz cuz im not gonna fight over a word...juss a thought

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
^^^^exactly...sorry i cant spell for shitz..lol....but thatz exactly what i meant...does that make sense now?

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
the way it is with me, my niggas call me their nigga, they don't have a problem with it. i don't really say it unless i am referring to a close homeboy that is black. they don't get pissed about it if i say it, but i don't throw the shit around like some people. it's just a word and does not have the same weight as "nigger" obviously. some people hate it, and then again it doesn't bother some people. that word will take a long time before it is not offensive to someone in america, longer than my lifetime

Jan 21, 2003
NIGGA IS A STREET TERM. AND FOR HISPANICS TO BE SAYIN THAT WORD DOESNT MEAN THEY TRY TO ACT BLACK. THE BLACK HOMIES DONT TAKE IT OFFENSIVE WHEN YOU SAID NIGGA. MAYBE AT SOMEBODY THAT YOU DONT KNOW. I ALSO HEARD ALOT OF MEXICAN SAY WAS UP MA BEANA . MEANING BEANER LOL BUT YOU KNOW IT SHOULDNT BE TAKED 2 THA HEART

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
i aint gonna lie...i say nigga all the time...thatz juss how all assyrianz r...but i dunno...all my blk homiez dont really care bout it...cuz we grew up 4rm lil toddlerz...so we can say shit 2 eachother that would make other friendz fight

Status
Not open for further replies.