Why call "God" God...?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I honestly think, the fact that people label something when they don't "know" what it is or if it exists is almost disrespectful to the idea of "God" in the first place.

I mean, the phrase I AM is apparently disrespectful, speaking the "true" name of "God" YHWH or whatever, is not okay.

So why the fuck is "GOD" any different?

I really think labeling it as something, in a sense, would piss God off, if God actually existed....(I don't believe in God for those who don't know).

I mean, you're gonna label something but don't know what it is or if it's real.

When people label me and dont' know me or anything about me, it's ridiculous.

And I think pretty highly of myself, so if there is a "God" I think it's rather pissed about the lack of intelligence from the human species.

Just a thought I had. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of meth enduced athiests and christians freakin on me.....oh well......i don't mind any nut jobs disagreeing :):siccness:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I know that. Doofus.

And I was kidding about the meth shit.

I'm just sayin, if you don't KNOW what it is, don't label it anything. By thinking or assuming you know anything about it, is disrespectful in my eyes, as far as principles go.

If you don't know what it is, specifically, dont' call it shit. Just understand it exsists and move on. But they can't even prove that...and no, this isn't about proving IF god is or isn't real. I dont' care about that.

Words we use are very powerful though. I just think that if you are going to name something you better fucking know what it is before you label or classify it as something.

I also wanted to post in here cause it's been awhile, and I had posted part of my first sentence in another thread, so I figured I'd start one here knowing there's a bunch of crazies in here :)

Apr 1, 2009
Well you have to think about YHWH. A question people still can not answer is why is Gods name written on magick circles? Well the answer is to keep the magickan safe while calling up a demon.

I believe there is a supreme being in the universe. However I don't think he is exactly how they write about him in the bible. For one the bible has been changed many times by Kings and by the ruling elite. They change what it says to control the minds of the people.

And of course the crown and cross masonic symbol, proves this. Because the cross and crown shows the two ways they would control man, through organized religion and government. Of course once you see through lies in all organized religions... then you can break free from the mind control they use. It's the same way a person who begins to read and research will soon see mainstream media is all lies.

Now if you really want to get deep with it, if you knew how to say the real name of in it's original form, then you'd really see the power of God. As humans we have not reached our mental or spiritual potential and we can blame government, and organized religions for holding down man. They were systems of control to oppress and keep man down.

Can I ask you I AM why you don't believe in God, and also do you believe in demons or spirits at all?

Mar 18, 2003
I've always viewed the term "God" as being very general. In other words, I think the word "God" is very ambiguous as it can be interpreted, for example, as being Allah, YHWH/Yahweh or Buddah. Common people in the U.S. seem to use it either because it's more convenient (like the shade of Jesus) or because they don't know any better. When I am speaking directly to a catholic/christian I use the term more directly, as in "God", whereas when I am speaking in general I often say "A God" to reference a higher power and to emphasis the identity of "God" is unknown.

As for the term "I am".. I remember when I was younger I would hang out at my neighbors house; whenever he or his brother responded to their mother with "I am", in most cases they would get yelled at. Thing is I never really looked at this family as being very religious but this was an issues in the house. I believe it is what God told Moses his name was in the Bible. When Moses asked him, he responded with "I am", or "I am who I am", or I am that I am". Thus, using the phrase is not condoned.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Can I ask you I AM why you don't believe in God, and also do you believe in demons or spirits at all?
I agree it's about control

Why don't I? Many reasons. Can't prove it, and the idea that was put in my head has been dismantled. So I know that part is bullshit. What they tell you in Church as a kid is bullshit.

I also went through a period of change in my life where my entire perspective on life and the existance of life and all things related completely changed. I went from not caring if there was a God, to having Athiest ideals...to now, back to not giving a fuck, but still holding onto the scientific aspects of Athiesm. As well as adopting my inner hippy and accepting I don't know everything, in fact I don't know shit in the grand scheme of the universe. I went from open minded to closed minded, back to open minded but still knowing what I feel and believe to be true.

I could give a fuck less what anyone thinks about what I believe. In the past I'd argue with people on here about stuff. I don't give a fuck. They can believe what they want, and if they have a problem with what I believe, then they should look at themselves and ask why I'm more important than they are in their own mind.

I'm spiritual if you want to label me as something. I don't label my beliefs or catagorize them because that puts limitations on it. And I don't want to do that.

I will say, there are things in the universe I can't explain or understand. But everyone is like that.

As for the term "I am".. I remember when I was younger I would hang out at my neighbors house; whenever he or his brother responded to their mother with "I am", in most cases they would get yelled at. Thing is I never really looked at this family as being very religious but this was an issues in the house. I believe it is what God told Moses his name was in the Bible. When Moses asked him, he responded with "I am", or "I am who I am", or I am that I am". Thus, using the phrase is not condoned.
My home girl told me that Jesus said that to someone or some shit like that.

Either way, I can't even begin to understand how it's not condoned.

I AM, is like being, living. I AM here, now, in the moment, everywhere at the same time and nowhere as well.

I AM--to me doesn't mean anything about being special. It simply states an existance of myself and my energy and being.

Only people who want to control others minds and lives would not condone that term. But religious people think they're high and mighty...most hypocritical mother fuckers I've ever met. And 99% of religious people, Christians, Catholics, and all the like are FAKE LYING PIECES OF SHIT.

They might call themselves Christians or Catholic...but when they don't follow their religion and know better they are fake fucks. And every religious person I've met has done this.

How many of the cats in the Detox would label themselves religious? I bet a lot....and they're all hypocrites. I get that you can be religious and not perfect and "God" forgives all sins....BULLSHIT. Either get your fucking act together or stop claiming you're something you aren't.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
I honestly think, the fact that people label something when they don't "know" what it is or if it exists is almost disrespectful to the idea of "God" in the first place.

I mean, the phrase I AM is apparently disrespectful, speaking the "true" name of "God" YHWH or whatever, is not okay.

So why the fuck is "GOD" any different?

I really think labeling it as something, in a sense, would piss God off, if God actually existed....(I don't believe in God for those who don't know).

I mean, you're gonna label something but don't know what it is or if it's real.

When people label me and dont' know me or anything about me, it's ridiculous.

And I think pretty highly of myself, so if there is a "God" I think it's rather pissed about the lack of intelligence from the human species.

Just a thought I had. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of meth enduced athiests and christians freakin on me.....oh well......i don't mind any nut jobs disagreeing :):siccness:
Calling it "God" is not labeling. "God" is the term commonly used to convey the idea of a supreme being. That's all.

Dec 25, 2003
I think also I AM youre shooting from a Judeo-Christian perspective...

The rules about God and what to call him very from place to place

Also I dont agree with the theory that something needs to be 100% empirically proven before it can be referenced

This standard youre using to disallow the use of the word God would also invalidate gravity, the big bang, and evolution

May 24, 2007
Have you ever heard of the term...INFERENCE.
Your name is a label, and it empcomposses your whole being. Just as god is a label for a whole that we cannot comprehend.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Calling it "God" is not labeling. "God" is the term commonly used to convey the idea of a supreme being. That's all.
A name is a label. See below.

I think also I AM youre shooting from a Judeo-Christian perspective...

The rules about God and what to call him very from place to place

Also I dont agree with the theory that something needs to be 100% empirically proven before it can be referenced

This standard youre using to disallow the use of the word God would also invalidate gravity, the big bang, and evolution
I'm just talking about MY perspective. And it wouldn't invalidate the actual physical properties of gravity, we just wouldn't call it that.

Like so many people say they FEEL God, we pretty much know that what keeps us on teh ground is gravity. I'm all for a good conversation about this though, cause I'm interested in your persective since you didn't approach me how I expected you to.

I didn't mean that I thought things should be 100% proven to be referenced. People talk about Jesus all the time and there's no proof the fucker ever lived.

I just wanted to get some other perspectives on this, I was saying "I'm right you're wrong" to anyone. I just wanted to see what other people thought about it.

All that "HE" or "HIM" or whatever, is what I'm talking abotu though. The energy of the universe is not masculine or feminine. It just is. Technically the definition of God, last time I checked the dictionary, was "all things that make up the universe." I disagree and so would most religious nuts. Cause that mean that rapists make up part of "who" "god" "is."

There is no personalization. People just can't get passed their own ego and look beyond themselves and their physical being and physical world. I don't believe in all that Bible hocus pocus BULLSHIT, but I know there's shit I can explain or understand and that there are things in the universe that are out of everyone's control. I dont' call that God. I call that LIFE and the way things are. There's not ONE thing that made a decision to make shit happen like this. If anything, it's the cause and effect of different energies interacting throughout the world.
Have you ever heard of the term...INFERENCE.
Your name is a label, and it empcomposses your whole being. Just as god is a label for a whole that we cannot comprehend.
You must be religious. :) My name is a label that I didn't give myself. Much like the word GOD. :dead:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
It's not a name either. It is merely three letters in a certain arrangement that convey an idea.

[/end thread]
Maybe from your persective, which makes you half way intelligent.

But in general, the impression that I get, is people use the NAME "God" to personalize the entity, so they can CALL it something.

That's a name AND a label. I am sorry if you don't understand that, but that's how it is.

:)

My name is Ryan. It conveys a meaning, it means Little King.

Same fucking difference with the NAME or WORD "God."

"Ryan" is a WORD too. They are both pro-nouns.

Don't try to get technical on this, cause I'll logically prove your ass wrong every time since you seem to not be using much logic in trying to understand things.

May 24, 2007
You must be religious. :) My name is a label that I didn't give myself. Much like the word GOD. :dead:
The point is full comprehension is beyond our scope. Labeling anchors the abstract to the physical world. if you dont label something then how would you communicate it? Im looking at it from a practical point of view.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
The point is full comprehension is beyond our scope. Labeling anchors the abstract to the physical world. if you dont label something then how would you communicate it? Im looking at it from a practical point of view.
You make a good point, but why discuss something you know you can't understand or comprehend? Why not just let is be?

I'm playing devil's advocate here....but I'm glad there's some decent convo and not a bunch of bullshit.....

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Maybe from your persective, which makes you half way intelligent.
Don't worry about me. Worry about the discussion at hand.

But in general, the impression that I get, is people use the NAME "God" to personalize the entity, so they can CALL it something.
Yes. "God" tends to imply a personality. This fact does not support your argument. "President" also implies a personality. However, "president" is not a name. And if the supreme being is, in fact, a personality, then using a term that conveys that fact should not be seen as a negative "label."

That's a name AND a label. I am sorry if you don't understand that, but that's how it is.
It is not a name and it is only a label if by "label" you mean all language is a label. And if that is what you mean, then your argument, which requires the use of language, fails because it also uses labels. I can play the "label" game too. Your initial post implies there is some negativity around using "God" as what you're calling a "label." We use this word because it conveys a certain idea just as the words you use to form your current argument (or lack thereof) convey certain ideas. It. Is. That. Simple.

:)

My name is Ryan. It conveys a meaning, it means Little King.

Same fucking difference with the NAME or WORD "God."
God's name isn't "God." And your name meaning, "little king" doesn't make you a little king. That is just some etymological consideration. The being we refer to as "God" is what we mean by "God." It isn't just some arbitrary label that God's mother calls Him. Do you understand the difference?

"Ryan" is a WORD too. They are both pro-nouns.
Incorrect. Your name is not a pronoun.

Don't try to get technical on this, cause I'll logically prove your ass wrong every time since you seem to not be using much logic in trying to understand things.
Why you want to talk about my ass now is beyond me.