Who really brought the bay back?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 1, 2005
In my opinion... I say that people talkin about mac dres death opened up the eyes of the thousands of bay residents.. After dres death every1 started talkin about him like they listened to his music when he was alive.. That in my opinion is the main reason the bay is sorta back cuz it aint fully back.. I only see keyshia cole and E-40 on bet and mtv.... what is yall opinion?

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
hella_numb said:
Obvisiously Mac Dre cant be where e-40 is right now becuase he is dead. Maybe 40 took Mac Dre's spot up on MTV.
thats what i think....but 40 had connects to blow the thang up.....

if MD was alive, i seriously dont think 40 woulda used em to help MD get fame....thats jus what i see....

MDs passing brought the bay together....RIP

MAC DRE brought the movement, feds chrisend the sounds, 40 brought it to the masses

Dec 30, 2003
denique said:
so if md was still livin, you ninjas think he'd be on mtv and bet every 5 minutes like 40-wata?
thats one of them uhh.. retorical questions i think thats how u spell it....

u cant ask that kinda question bc there is no way we would ever find out......... u never kno if mtv woulda made mac dre the next p.diddy puttin him on every dam show....... or if mtv woulda passed up on his music............all the bay area rappers can do now is put the world up on mac dre's music to show thanks and appreciation for wat hes done

Apr 26, 2006
denique said:
so if md was still livin, you ninjas think he'd be on mtv and bet every 5 minutes like 40-wata?
hmm i'll answer this with a question..
What do you guys think if Mac dre was still alive do you think he'll still be respected in the game the amount of respect that he gets now?
i mean you see niggas on the street rockin shirts with his face on it.. and just check up any nigga from the bay on myspace.. you'd see hella people doin thizz faces and throwin up the T.. just think about it.I think this shit happened coz of the amount of media attention he got.. around 2004, when he died almost %50 of the bay didnt know about him.. What if shit was REVERSED? ..
What if, (This is just a What if) E40 was SHOT.. do yooh think he'll gain the amount of love MAC DRE HAD?.. Are we gonna see niggas rocking shirts with E40 face on it??.. Are they gonna be talkin his SLANG more.. GOUDA?.. haha.. watchu guys think.

Feb 24, 2006
u internet fucks is hella funny know shit about bay area rap scene dre was blowin up before he died when the game is thick part 2 came out he allready had a growin fan base u seen that in treal tv the first one 40 aint made a hit in the bay in like 5 years all this mtv bet show shit is dres swagger ,but thats what happens out here when the real die someone allways tryen to hop in there and cash out on what ever hype they was on

Dec 1, 2005
hyphyflip said:
hmm i'll answer this with a question..
What do you guys think if Mac dre was still alive do you think he'll still be respected in the game the amount of respect that he gets now?
i mean you see niggas on the street rockin shirts with his face on it.. and just check up any nigga from the bay on myspace.. you'd see hella people doin thizz faces and throwin up the T.. just think about it.I think this shit happened coz of the amount of media attention he got.. around 2004, when he died almost %50 of the bay didnt know about him.. What if shit was REVERSED? ..
What if, (This is just a What if) E40 was SHOT.. do yooh think he'll gain the amount of love MAC DRE HAD?.. Are we gonna see niggas rocking shirts with E40 face on it??.. Are they gonna be talkin his SLANG more.. GOUDA?.. haha.. watchu guys think.
Haha... good point... I don't think it would've been the same.. Mac Dre had a special somethin.. Dude was funny and even though E-40 invents some new shit, Dre took it to another level and even invented some weird face and a weird dance (if u seen him doin it in uga1 u know what I'm talkin bout... he look like a crack head but funny) so his personality made hella people like him AFTER his death which is why hella people throw up the T nd shit.. But yeah simple.. If 40 had died then it wouldn't been the same

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
If mac dre didnt die, no one would care who mistah FAB was. I dont care what no one says, i never seen no one get stewey like Mac Dre did in treal TV one, so in my mind, he and them vallejo niggas started it. Sway is also responsible for the bay gettin attention out here too.

Jan 18, 2006
IF MAC DRE WAS ALIVE HE WOULDNT BE NEARLY AS POPULAR AS HE IS, 40 WOULD STILL BE DOING THE DAMN THANG ON MTV AND THATS CUZ HES SIGNED TO A MAJOR, ONLY OTHER BAY CATS SIGNED TO MAJOR IS SHORT AND YUK AND RAP A LOT IS STILL KINDA UNDERGROUND

Oct 28, 2003
*Locksmith on MTV
*The death of Mac Dre (r.i.p)
*Radio finally playing Bay Area music
*Two heavey weight producers RIC ROCK & E-A-SKI
*New Bay
*40 getting picked-up by Lil Jon
*And the Bay making better music.