Who Is Really Worthy Of Carrying The Torch In The BAY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
on another note...whats good my young 650 homie Cio ?..i see you still wit this music shit. Most of these cats dont know you, but I remember when you was just a young buck wit some heat, back in like 97 you was rappin trying to make it....you might not remember me but yall was the generation after us..you gotta be near 35 now..did you ever finish ya album?....
One love G I did finish the album, going to be putting out a couple projects from the archives and gettin on new stuff. Tryin to stay on TOP

HD definitely is someone who has done some serious stuff, his style and delivery is unique, he has good subject matter and he is hella clever with the lyrics. I need to hear more but from what I've heard HD is sick!!! In my humble opinion, I think so too. I've heard Joe Blow and he's hella hard too, I need to hear more gone start listening to more of the homie. one love G. The bay area needs to really push hard for these folks collectively!!

Before reading any replies HD and A-Wax were the two that came to mind lol surprisingly guess I'm not the only one. I'm sure I could convince myself different but some things aren't supposed to be critiqued and overanalyzed ya know?
I definitely am going to take some time and listen to A Wax. He been holding it down for hella long and has been hella successful doing his thing. Thank you for mentioning the big homie A Wax, again, i need to get laced up with this homies music but the Bay collectively needs to push hard for all the folks thats been holding it down and spread love. My homie Sellasssie would push the crap out of this, and its true, we all we got.

I am extremely biased but I feel like
Stalin
Philthy
Roach Gigz
IamSu
Berner
And the reason why I feel them is because they have different audiences but are all doing major things individually. Stalin and Philthy have the streets. Roach has the Internet and touring. Iamsu has radio and some major production placements while Berner is doing things worldwide with Taylor Gang. Not to mention they all work with me.
Berner is off the hook!! When I asked this question, it may have been right around the time he was taking off so he definitely didn't come to mind then but now what can anyone say about this homie!!! He is super on TOP and repping Frisco and the Bay area hard, also if i aint mistaken he is an old school Frisco graff artist, urrrraaaayyyy. Yeah Burner is the fuckin man, im going to have to go sit on this and really analyze this.

Philthy is a FACTOR! hands down and his flow and music are great, I'm going to start digging and expanding my knowledge on the homie, when the funk really goes down is one of my low key favorite tracks that I slap fuckin llike crazy!! But again I'm going start really listeninbg to the homie in depth.

Roach Gigz is a very interesting individual, he definitely earned a mark in the Bay s History and has been amazingly successful. He has the ingredients completely and is super talented. Thats another cat that I really wnt to look into more. He has a crackin song with my homie A1/Adam Vida that goes off and many more solo tracks Ive heard that are clean.

Iamsu, again they were just hitten the main streams when i asked this question and i think you pretty much nailed it cuz all this individuals are significant artist who hold a part in our history in the BAy and beyond.
Iamsu though, definitely took the heck off and took off fast, the whole crew is nasty and has the right recipe!

I got to stop right there though because since 2012, so much stuff has gone on in all aspects of music, promotion and whats relevant. Like Guru once said about him and Premier, its like the ingredients have changed but its still Guru and Premier, we just update our strategies(or something like that). It like because of the nature of the game, the strategies, methods and recipes have changed but its still the Bay no matter what. It just seems with the hyper speeds of data transmission and the boundary breaking WWW. It seems fair to say that what I asked about in 2012, a Torch and who will carry it, seems clear, it is definitely being carried. In Berners situation, he not only kept the flame lit but hypothically speaking took flame from the torch and created a flame that the Bay has never even seen.

I din't say anything about J Stalin cuz in my opinion he definitely is an individual that has been carrying the torch keeping it lit.

Your answer has definitely sparked some light on this thread g. I agree with your list completely pretty much. It makes me rethink my original question because these artist have definitely carried the torch and even made it bigger so as time goes on, it feels like were going in the righht direction!!
Im going to just say again we really need to support our artist 1000X's more. The flame is super lit and ithe torch is definitely being upheld.
time for me to go listen.
One love and thank you for your feed back, right on.
if you got some time peep my music
https://soundcloud.com/cio-castaneda

Lil B

/thread

SWAG!
he was another cat that was just hitten the scene hard around the time I wrote this question. now when I think about the question and Lil B, my mind goes into a corkscrew mental flip!! lol. the cat hands down is on some next level stuff and i need to go spark something serious and think about this one hahahaha!!! thanks for the feed back.

Gotta throw Nio the Gift & Young Gully in the discussion..
Young Gully is one of my favorite cats spitten in the Bay. He's made a name for himself and is incredibly talented. I agree completely he is honorably one of the few carrying the torch in the Bay and making it bigger in my opinion. I need to hear more from the homie. I say we need to support the BAy as a whole but shit I need to tell that to myself more!! I need to support the Bay area artist more like Gully, I liked his stuff from the beginning and hella wanted to go to his show at brick n morter and I f------ catted!! so I will eat my words until I start really supporting the local artist like i should be but I wont stop pushing that as a whole the bay area needs to stand behind artist such as Gully and every other artist thats carrying the torch once ignited by the Bays founding fathers and mothers of music and soul. One love and bless up, thank you for your response.
Also I been hearing bout Neo the Gift and man I need to get laced up and see whats good. I wont lie, I be hesitant to listen to new stuff because it feels like most of what coming out is unoriginal and its hard to listen to unoriginal stuff for me. But i'm going to be more open and patient and really tune in now in days for one, to enjoy good music but secondly also get laced up. Good Bay music always been about game and a real tight lacin so i'm just gone sit back and peep game real quick and catch yall on the flip side. peace and much respect

Props: Thizzlejuice

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
Young Gully is one of my favorite cats spitten in the Bay. He's made a name for himself and is incredibly talented. I agree completely he is honorably one of the few carrying the torch in the Bay and making it bigger in my opinion. I need to hear more from the homie. I say we need to support the BAy as a whole but shit I need to tell that to myself more!! I need to support the Bay area artist more like Gully, I liked his stuff from the beginning and hella wanted to go to his show at brick n morter and I f------ catted!! so I will eat my words until I start really supporting the local artist like i should be but I wont stop pushing that as a whole the bay area needs to stand behind artist such as Gully and every other artist thats carrying the torch once ignited by the Bays founding fathers and mothers of music and soul. One love and bless up, thank you for your response.
Also I been hearing bout Neo the Gift and man I need to get laced up and see whats good. I wont lie, I be hesitant to listen to new stuff because it feels like most of what coming out is unoriginal and its hard to listen to unoriginal stuff for me. But i'm going to be more open and patient and really tune in now in days for one, to enjoy good music but secondly also get laced up. Good Bay music always been about game and a real tight lacin so i'm just gone sit back and peep game real quick and catch yall on the flip side. peace and much respect
Are you related to Johnny Ca$h?

May 2, 2018
Who's carrying the torch right now? In terms of quality music IMO:
Young gully
Allybo
Shady nate
Joe blow recently made a comeback and is good still

Who used to carry the torch and kinda fell off or lost their touch?
Hd
Lil rue
Lilblood
Philthy rich

They completely changed their style especially phil and hd. Phil raps about bentleys and louie bags now and hd raps about politics.

Who is completely fucked :
Mess, smoking cocaine is bad may
Nickatina, fell all the way off.

I cant say e40 is holding the torch because he went pretty commercial kinda like philthy. I liked 40s old shit but honestly have not slapped his last 6+ albums because it ain't my style anymore.

Bay area music is dying with the bay area culture. As bay natives flee or get forced out, and tech gentrifies, the music dies with it. In 10 years there will be no more bay area rap.

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
Bay area music is dying with the bay area culture. As bay natives flee or get forced out, and tech gentrifies, the music dies with it. In 10 years there will be no more bay area rap.
Richmond and Vallejo haven't gentrified, and a ton of talent is coming out of Vallejo. So to say the Bay is dead isn't fair. Also Antioch rap is coming, watch. Mike Sherm is just the beginning for East County. San Francisco rap is on its deathbed, and Oakland is on thin ice, but Richmond, Vallejo, Pittsburg and Antioch are going to be putting out music for the foreseeable future, at least in my opinion.

Props: Thizzlejuice
May 2, 2018
Richmond and Vallejo haven't gentrified, and a ton of talent is coming out of Vallejo. So to say the Bay is dead isn't fair. Also Antioch rap is coming, watch. Mike Sherm is just the beginning for East County. San Francisco rap is on its deathbed, and Oakland is on thin ice, but Richmond, Vallejo, Pittsburg and Antioch are going to be putting out music for the foreseeable future, at least in my opinion.
Vallejo and Richmond are next to be gentrified its guaranteed to happen. Richmond was also considered one of the most dangerous cities in America and now it's hardly any homicides. Vallejo ain't had a homicide in years. Its gotten peaceful and techies are gentrifying everything within a 1-2 hr drive from their jobs.

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/vallejo/

Get ready. This was 2016 its gonna smack you guys hard. Richmond is already gentrifying heavily.
I can see it happening, it's smack dab between Napa Valley and San Francisco and since it's bayshore, it has a breeze. But people are still pretty scared to be here. I moved here from Concord and and some friends won't visit because of the reputation.