Who in your opinion are the top 10 pitchers in baseball?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
here is my list of true aces. and they are in no particlular order

1. Mike Mussina (Yankees)
2. Pedro Martinez (Red Sox)
3. Kevin Brown (Yankees)
4. Curt Schilling (Red Sox)
5. Randy Johnson (D'backs)
6. Tim Hudson (A's)
7. Roger Clemens (astros)
8. Jason Schmidt (giants)
9. Mark Mulder (A's)
10. Mark Prior (cubs)

honorable mention
Josh Beckett (marlins)
Johan Santana (twins)
these two have true #1 stuff
ben sheets Milwakee)
brad penny (Dodgers)
roy oswalt (astros)
matt morris (cards)
carlos zambrano (cubs)

up and coming possible true Aces in the higher level minors (AA, AAA) with some time in the majors (except miller only AA)
Scott Kazmir (TB)
Greg Miller (Dodgers)
--- especially these two lefties that can bring it upward of 95-98 MPH. and if i am not mistaken i think they are both only 20years old
Edwin Jackson (Dodgers)
Jerome Williams (Giants)

lower level minors possible true Aces
1. Felix Hernandez (mariners) has hit 98 several times as a 17 year old in California league. i got to see him pitch. he is the real deal.

2. Jose Capallan (ATL traded to MIL last week) hit over 100 MPH this year several times

3. Homer Bailey (i think it is Asros?)HS'er just got drafted this year hit 95 as a junior in the HS AFLAC All American/All-Star gamegame. and he is from Texas where the great power pitchers have come form

Jun 18, 2004
Nice list...I pretty much agree with all of those...I think Pedro went for his last big money grab and will begin to decline next year...he got touched by alot of teams last year, although the AL to NL switch may prove a great move for him...I might put Santana in my ten...and as for prospects there are these guys...Matt Cain, 7-1 with a 1.86 ERA and 89 strikeouts for Class A San Jose in 2004, and Merkin Valdez, the only good thing to come out of the 2002 trade with Atlanta when the Giants swapped Russ Ortiz for Damian Moss.

May 29, 2002
WTF? kevin brown is not the 3rd best pitcher in mlb. there is no way. he hasnt been very good in several years. but the rest are pretty good

May 29, 2002
Mcleanhatch said:
"here is my list of true aces. and they are in no particlular order"
my bad, i didnt read the whole thing, but i still dont see how u can put him in the top ten. maybe 5 years ago i would have

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
no order
1. Mark Prior
2. Tim Hudson
3. Mark Mulder
4. Randy Johnson
5. Jason Schmidt
6. Roy Oswalt
7. Curt Schilling
8. Roger Clemons
9. Josh Becket
10. Ben Sheets

honorable mention- Carlos Zambrano, Brad Penny (when hes healthy), Pedro, Dontrelle Willis

up and comers- Edwin Jackson, Huston Street, Chuck Lofgren

hey Mcleanhatch, how bout the top 3 with the nastiest stuff?

Jose Contreras (That Splitter is disgusting)
Matt Clement- He has the best slider in baseball for a starter, can never bring everything together though
K-Rod

May 8, 2002
B-Buzz said:
hey Mcleanhatch, how bout the top 3 with the nastiest stuff?
1. Fastball---
A. Josh Beckett (straight up fastball)
B. Mariano Rivera (cut fastball)
C. Derek Lowe (sinker)
D. Roger Clemens (splitter)

2. Change-Up---Eric Gagne (Dodgers)

3. Slider---Francisco Rodriguez (Angels)

4. Curve---Josh Beckett

more than 3. sorry.

B-Buzz said:
Huston Street,
isnt he the A's first rounder this year or at least one of them with suzuki and robnett? and isnt street a reliever

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Mcleanhatch said:
isnt he the A's first rounder this year or at least one of them with suzuki and robnett? and isnt street a reliever
Yep, from Texas. I guess he tore up the fall leagues and theyre thinking he might be the closer by mid season this year

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Roger Clemens
Johan Santana
Randy Johnson
Mark Prior
Tim Hudson
Oliver Perez
Mark Mulder
Jason Schmidt
Curt Schilling
Ben Sheets

Best pitches all vary.My favorite is Greg Maddox fast ball that tales away from lefties,and hits the inside corner.Nobody can fuck with Gagne's changepiece,but Moyer comes to mind.Breaking pitches,Almost everyone on the list,it's usually what seperates the average from great.Tim Hudson is my favorite though,and I hate the A's.He reminds me of David Cone alot.Mark Prior's my favorite pitcher though.Flawless mechanics,a huge curve,and an overpowering fastball.Rivera has great shit to.It's a quarter till 3,I'm out till tomorrow to argue some shit.:)

May 8, 2002
Blutarski said:
I'm ashamed of you guys. You failed to mention the American League Cy Young winner

Johan Santana

This guy was filthy this season.
i mentined him. and yes he was filthy THIS SEASON.

Mcleanhatch said:
here is my list of true aces. and they are in no particlular order

1. Mike Mussina (Yankees)
2. Pedro Martinez (Red Sox)
3. Kevin Brown (Yankees)
4. Curt Schilling (Red Sox)
5. Randy Johnson (D'backs)
6. Tim Hudson (A's)
7. Roger Clemens (astros)
8. Jason Schmidt (giants)
9. Mark Mulder (A's)
10. Mark Prior (cubs)