who got an MPC 60 II

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2004
im thinkin bout sellin my 2000 XL for mpc 60 II cuz they upgrade to the 3000 rite? plus its roger lynn status ya digg? who got one? do u like it? is it a solid piece of equipmet?

May 1, 2003
Can someone explain to me what it is about the MPC ..soundwise?. Will sample "A" sound different in a software sequencer? Is there any processing done to the samples before they leave out or do you get back what you put in?

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Can someone explain to me what it is about the MPC ..soundwise?. Will sample "A" sound different in a software sequencer? Is there any processing done to the samples before they leave out or do you get back what you put in?
I haven't heard any differences in any of the samples that I've ran through my MPC vs. Reason.

Apr 27, 2005
Theres a difference. Samples run through MPCs and other analog equipment such as the sp-1200 have analog filters and converters and the like that color/warm/saturate the sound a certain way. MPCs and the sp-1200 are known for making drums punchier, wider, and grittier.

You can also get away with more clipping with hardware. In software when a sound clips it gives an awful popping distorted sound, but with hardware you can get away with more clipping than with software as it colors the sound in its own distinct way.

This is a big reason why a lot of hardware uses don't like using software to make music, the sound of "analog".

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I haven't heard any differences in any of the samples that I've ran through my MPC vs. Reason.
You got the newer style MPC..Basically Mpc60 Mpc60/2 mpc 3000.....Other notable machines..Ensonique ASR-10 and E.M.U. sp12...E.M.U. sp12 turbo and E.M.U. sp1200....Akai s950....these are some machines which at one point were widely used in hip hop..I have an MPC3000 and it would benefit me to have an ASR-10 as well..not to make me a better beat maker but for a certain sound...ASR10 = Alchemist MPC3000= Dr Dre sp1200 Large Proffessor and shit like that.... If my 3000 were stolen I would contemplate a 4000.....but a miko is tempting..i was about to get the miko..but had other shit that came up.