Who else in San Francisco has been making hip-hop music like this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
I used to always promote my music on Siccness but haven't been getting much of a response lately so it's been a minute. But if y'all aren't familiar with me, I started off with a group called Gas Mask Colony- we put out our first CD in 2006. Since then I've released over 10 group and solo albums, collabs, mixtapes, and compilations- some of which have been the top sellers at SF Amoeba. I also produce and get most of my sounds by chopping up samples off vinyl. I've worked a lot with Equipto & Bored Stiff, as well as cats like Berner, Quinn, Jacka, Hugh EMC, Souls of Mischief, EvenOdds, Goldtoes, and damn near every up and comer in The City. I've done shows all over the country and perform at least once a week- right now I'm touring with the homie Playa Rae. But the main thing that separates me from a lot of other artists I see on the Siccness is that my music has a positive message, it speaks on real-life issues, and it's community-based. Right now I work with formerly homeless youth in the Tenderloin and I also perform at and organize benefit concerts on a regular basis. So the question in the topic of the thread is real- y'all know anyone else out of SF or the Bay in general pushing like that?

All that to say I've got a new single out that I want y'all to peep. It's from an EP I just finished called Mood Swings, entirely produced by BIG Shawn of Bored Stiff. The album will be out on vinyl, cassette, and digital and I'm also working on a short theatrical film that will come out with it.

Peep the new joint and let me know what yall think- good or bad: Easy Rider (single) by DregsOne on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

One love.

Nov 1, 2004
I grew up on Bored stiff and that style of hip hop in the 90's but just found out about dregs 1 like a few years ago but Im diggin almost all the material. Not surprised people on siccness.net are sleepin on real hip hop though. Keep pushing. Im gonna try to hit up the show in San Jo next week.

Props: DREGS ONE
Dec 3, 2009
You really release music on tapes?
I still have a lot of old steros with tape decks in my house..
i have record players also.. ha ha...

I don't know anyone else pushing likeyou..
maybe Rapping 4 Tay back in the day did...

Hey the song sounds hot!
smooth vibe.. and cool flows...

the samples you use sound nice...

I'm feeling the music for sure..
way better than the swag bullshit i been hearing out the bay..

this song kind of reminds me of the old school Ice CUbe days....

great song.. i'm feeling it

Props: DREGS ONE
Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
yoo thanks for the positive feedback my folks! to keep it real i expected to log in and get nothing but hate. haha. so it means a lot that y'all listened.

Unknown Poet @Unknown Poet - yeah there is a surprising amount of tape collectors out there who cop cassettes! i probably wouldn't have thought of doing it but a label from Finland reached out and wanted to do it. glad you like the joint G.

A @acid raptor what up mayne... yeah those links that the homie Mayor threw up have most of my catalog. i did drop a vol. 1 but decided to take it offline so that only the real collectors & fans got it.. there aren't very many physical copies out there. that project means a lot to me.

Props: Unknown Poet
Dec 3, 2009
yoo thanks for the positive feedback my folks! to keep it real i expected to log in and get nothing but hate. haha. so it means a lot that y'all listened.

Unknown Poet @Unknown Poet - yeah there is a surprising amount of tape collectors out there who cop cassettes! i probably wouldn't have thought of doing it but a label from Finland reached out and wanted to do it. glad you like the joint G.

A @acid raptor what up mayne... yeah those links that the homie Mayor threw up have most of my catalog. i did drop a vol. 1 but decided to take it offline so that only the real collectors & fans got it.. there aren't very many physical copies out there. that project means a lot to me.
Tapes are cool, i still have a bunch of them , and the steros that play them. Ha ha that's cool! yeah really feeling the song....glad i found out about you!