WHO COPPED THAT 151 CODE OF THA STREET???WHATS THA VERDICT???ALL OPINIONS WELCOME!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
B

bum-loc1

good album homie rockin it in the car right now.

Spice 1 & BadBoy (NTA) instores july 29

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
The album was real straight.......no disapponitments....it's one of my favorite albums to drop this summer..the other was JAY TEE, High Caliber.....both yall handled your shit.

Apr 25, 2002
real clean family....your flow is on point and crisp....my shit is "all began" cuz ive been followin dem nya cats ever sice bac n da day...coo to see them get sum play...

Apr 25, 2002
I wish there would have been more D-Sane slaps on there, but the album was hot.....my favorite cut by far is "Hustlaz Prayer".....that cut is hard as fuck.....the chorus is off the chains.....How did you link up with the Gin Blossoms for that? I've never really listened to their shit before.....is their music cool?

Apr 8, 2004
Code of the Street was alright but I liked yo' voice better on that WCM & LAC cd. Your voice was real catchy on those 2 cds. So yo' next album should be real decent.

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
@CRANKY-MY ALBUM WAS BASICALLY DONE BY THE TIME I HOOKED UP WIT D-SANE,OR HE PROLLY WOULDA DONE MORE THAN THE INTRO,BUT U MUST ADMIT,HE DID A PRETTY MEMORABLE INTRO...

AS FOR ROBIN (GINBLOSSOMS HOOKUP- IT WAS REALLY JUST A CHANCE MEETING..I WAZ LIVIN OUT IN PHX ARIZONA,AND WAS LOOKIN FOR A STUDIO TO RECORD IN..I RAN ACROSS A SMALL STUDIO NEAR ASU...I WENT THRU THERE AND WAS GOING THRU SOME OF MY ADATS,AND HE HEARD THAT SONG,AND GRABBED HIS GUITAR AND STARTED PLAYIN TO IT,THEN SAID HE HAD NEVER WORKED WITH A RAPPER,SO I SCRIBBLED OUT THA HOOK IN LIKE 3 MINUTES,AND HE LAID IT ,AND PUT DOWN THAT LIVE GUITAR ON THA TRACK....

NO I PERSONALLY HAVENT HEARD ALOT OF THIER MUSIC,I DID HEAR A FEW SONGS.I GUESS IF YOUR INTO THEY ARE GOOD...IKNOW OVER THEIR CAREER THEY SOLD LIKE 4 MILLION

@ILLSTATE-THNX FOR THA FEEDBACK..I AGREE...CODE OF THA STREET WAS BASICALLY MY AWOL ALBUM WITH A FEW NEW SONGS...THOSE SONGS WERE ALL RECORDE BETWEEN 1998-BEGINNIN OF 2002-THEN DIDNT COME OUT TILL JUNE2003-SO U DO THE MATH...THE WCMGANG AND THE LAC WAS MOSTLY LATE O3-04,AND THEN MY NEW SHIT IS ON SOME MORE COMMERCIAL SHIT,SINCE I BEEN TRYNA GET A SIGNED TO A MAJOR....

CHECK IT OUT THO...U WILL BE HEARIN ABOUT IT SOON!

Apr 25, 2002
151 - Code of tha Street

151 - Code of tha Street is one of my favorite albums. To me, the sign that it is a great album is that every time I listen to it, I like it more. When I first bought it, I think I skimmed through it pretty quickly and I think the only cuts I really went back to and bumped were "Throw It Up" and "West Coast." I also didn't really know you were reppin the NW, I thought you were just a Cali guy (w/ the Clippers jersey and LA map on the cd), then I figured out when I listen to the lyrics more you really do rep the S.E.A. and I guess are one of those guys who shoots back and forth up and down the West Coast.

One day last year I was on a long ass bus ride from Iowa to Minneapolis and I had the 151 cd in there and the bus ride was so long I really did soak the album, and I discovered that "Hustlaz Prayer" is such an amazing cut, especially the chorus. It was dark, there was pretty violent thunder and lightning outside and I was on this bus, it is probably one of the more memorable connections I have with a song to a sitaution. I'll always remember that, I must've bumped it like 20 times from Des Moines to Minneapolis.

Then last May I started lovin "Thug Entrapeneurz," great great song and I couldn't wait to get home to Seattle for the summer and drive around the city bumpin it. That was probably my favorite song last June.

And yes, D-Sane did lace an amazing intro. That's what made me buy the album b/c I heard the intro on northern-ridaz and I'd just sit there on my computer and keep listening to the stream. Then I saw it in a CD store here in Minnesota and got excited, immediately copped it.

But w/ the album as a whole, I like it today much much more than the day I bought it, that's one sign of an excellent album.

Then I learn 151 goes on to be in tha Lac, do the best Seattle anthem of all time (Dirty South from the Lac), man keep doing your thing you're a very talented person.

Apr 25, 2002
And 151 I got one question for you, I've got a friend here in Minnesota who is Latino and loves the Latino rap music so I play for him the Chicano rap I got and I wasn't sure whether to include you, I thought you were Latino but I'm not 100% sure.

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
@PANTHER...THX FOR THA GOOD REPORT...IM GLAD WITH THA FACT U WERE ABLE TO CONNECT TO MY MUSIC...THAT WHY I LUV 2 DO IT....

IM BLK,WHT AND MEX...MIXED BASICALLY...I GET ALOTTA MUHFUCAZ ASSUMIN IM LATINO THO..ITS COOL I AINT TRIPPIN.....JUST LONG AS THEY DIGGIN THA MUSIC.....

YEA CATS ASK ME ABOUT THAT CLIPPERS JERSEY AND THA MAP....#1. THE JERSEY- I WAZ OUT IN L.A. TO DO MY PHOTO SHOOT FOR THAT RECORD,WHICH WAZ KINDA SHORT NOTICE,SO I JUST HOPPED ON THA PLANE AND FIGURED I WOULD SNATCH UP A FIT IN L.A.-SO I GO TO FOXHILLS MALL LIKE 1HR BEFORE THE SHOOT,AND OUT OF ALL THE STORES I WENT IN THAT DAY THIS WAZ THE ONLY JERSEYMY SIZE WIT THA MATCHIN HAT....SO THATS HOW THAT HAPPENED....

#2. THE MAP- ORIGINATING FROM THA L.A. AREA,I AINT TOO MUCH TRIPPIN ON THAT,BUT THA FACT THAT THA FAGGOT DOIN MY GRAPHICS BASICALLY DID WHAT HE WANTED TO DO..I TOLD HIM TO PUT A CITY MAP IN THE BACKGROUND,AND HE CHOSE TO USE THE MAP OF L.A.

Oct 26, 2004
Where do I cop your cd at

151 said:
WHAT U THINK??

ALSO WHAT U THINK ABOUT WSRYDERS

WILL U BE PICKIN UP CBO MOBFATHER ALBUM?

I want to snatch one up today? What stores all have the album?

I am in Downtown Seattle and usually hit up that good ole Sam's Goody.

Feb 27, 2005
@151-

GOOD ALBUM-LIKED MOST OF IT. HONESTLY THE TRACKS W/YUK & BO, THE MOB FIGAZ AND THE LAC HAD ME SKIPPING BACKWARDS TO HEAR EM AGAIN. iM DIGGIN' yA fLOW-SMOOTHEST DELIVERY IN WCM-4REALZ.
BUT, YO-THAT TRACK "LETS gIT pAID"..WITH THAT R&B DUDE ON THE HOOK WAS SHIT..NO OFFENSE-LOL.