who can reccomend some dope Kansas City rap to me?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Thanks Heaven,
Now, if there is only a way to get a hold of those. I am out here in Oakland, but will be moving to KC in two years. Im gonna hold on to that list you left, and hopefully they will still be available the next time I visit.
Peace

Nov 7, 2002
KC Cuts

@ Noh8ters

You should go to www.streetside.net. Streetside is a music store native only to Missouri. They don't have an on-line store, but there pretty Mom & Popish, so they sell all the locals from KC (in the K.C. stores that is).

Or call the Streetside in KC on Broadway directly, the people in there are cool as shit, they special order crazy cuts for me all the time and would probably ship your shit if your order was big enough.

Your moving to K.C. in 2 years? Damn, You must have a five year plan, Im not even sure about tomorrow.....except coming to work...damn job.

~Heaven

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
noh8ers said:
Thanks Heaven,
Now, if there is only a way to get a hold of those. I am out here in Oakland, but will be moving to KC in two years. Im gonna hold on to that list you left, and hopefully they will still be available the next time I visit.
Peace

just drop by 7th heaven at 77th & troost. they should still be in business in 2 years

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
@ Heaven

Yep, I am working on a book with local rap music producer Khayree, who you may know from early Mac Dre, Mac Mall, and Ray Luv work. That process, along with finishing my Master's Degree and stacking scrill should take a good two years. But, I visited KC, MO last month and loved it. The city has hella potential, but the downtown needs some lively thangs.

Oakland's murder rate rose and KC's dropped. I hope KC's keeps on getting lower cause my reason for moving is based on raising a good family.

Sicc OG
Dec 2, 2002
i have. most of kc shit in my opinion is the same. no real stand outs except tech n9ne and a few others. as far as kc-soundin people, chop it up is the most creative.

most of the rappers named in this thread have not released anything worth buyin in the last few years.

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
I have heard many of these and at first thought friends were hookin their boys up. But now lookin after a week break it is obvious that some people are namin' shit to fit in. Alot of these are cool but some of these are GARBAGE. if your not a friend you must not of heard them. Lets try to peep the whole album before we post.. There are alot of people on here from other states and we don't want to mislead them and fuck up our whole scene

FastLane/S::G

overly international
Sep 17, 2002
ATL SHAWTY
www.siccness.net
noh8ers said:

Oakland's murder rate rose and KC's dropped. I hope KC's keeps on getting lower cause my reason for moving is based on raising a good family.
i don't know about that now.... you better move to the suburbs of KCMO coz the city is like the 16th most dangerous city in the nation.... even higher than that of Oakland's (somewhere in the 20's).... not sure of the homicide rate tho, Oakland's may be higher

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
@ Heaven. Th PM just aint reliable, I guess.
Check these out.
http://www.youngblackbrotha.com/classic/catalog.htm
Have you listened to that Mac Dre - "Do You Remember." One of my pieces of writing is on the inside of the linear notes.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
SOAK::GAME said:

i don't know about that now.... you better move to the suburbs of KCMO coz the city is like the 16th most dangerous city in the nation.... even higher than that of Oakland's (somewhere in the 20's).... not sure of the homicide rate tho, Oakland's may be higher
The Brookside and Hyde Park areas of KC, Mo looked alright to me. Im not looking for an entirely peaceful city, because I don't think one of those exists. I love Oakland, but I aint trying to raise my children in an appartment, and the average home here is 500 g's. KC, Mo is my second choice and The Triangle of North Carolina is my wife's second choice. I brought her out to KC and persuaded her.

Slide

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
I used to live right in brookside --63rd & wornall-- it is a really nice area and not far at all from the rest of the city (westport, plaza etc) but some of the people are kind of rich and stuck up.

hyde park is cool too, probably a bit cheaper although some of those old huge houses are probably getting up there.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Stuck Up People in KC, those are who I want to avoid. I came across one of them right after I got off the plane in KC. She started snapping at me because I passed up her slow ass kid on the way out. I appologized and explained that I thought he was just posting up in front of the exit door. And she continued to snap after my appology. I felt like slappin her in her face, but I remained cool. But the rest of my KC trip was altered as I tried to determine if the rest of the KC residents were like that, self-centered. I think it was determined that yall are not.

Slide

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
TheVille31 said:

Goto Johnson County somewhere...
lol...not if he's tryin to avoid stuck up peeps...now don't label me as a hater, i know some cool ass people from johnson county, i guess it depends on where in johnson county ur talking about.

but noh8ers i think u would like Hyde park man, or east Brookside, like between 60th-70th and oak/main/walnut/around that area...nice middle-class neighborhoods, not much crime and not too "rich" either.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Yes, thank you slide. I did check out that area and you are exacltly right. That area was my number one pick, a few blocks from Seventh Heaven. Yeah, hella clean, quiet, peaceful, but not too far away from the inner city areas that attract the other side of my personality. You get that balance... That's what Im talkin about. Oakland's got hella areas like that. Man, Im gonna miss this place. But KC's cultural forms deffinately epitomize greatness too. P.S.
I never would live in Johnson County. I can't relate. Peace. Yall are some cool ass folks on here.