Who are the most slept on rappers or r&b music atrist coming out of K.C.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
I guess niggaz from the town dont got love for Court Dog, he got movies coming out and albums and yall aint really given it up for my boy. Court and Diamond Sheilds from MidwestSiders are niggaz that are really on Boss status making moves. Mon E G is slept on. And S2theB

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
(PIZZO)K.C.M.O. said:
WHAT THE @UCK THAT MEAN NERD RAPPERS
"nerd" rappers, as in rappers who don't talk about killing, shooting, and about how hard they are i.e. 90% of kansas city rappers.

a white, lower-middle class, college educated person like myself can't really relate to such things. I can empathize with "the struggle" but the whole glorification of violence thing doesn't really do it for me anymore...

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
^^^ that last sentence makes me luagh alittle..

....the news had people saying the same shit....about Fat Tone's (or most rappers) lyrics..
...like rappers..."love" violence...they just gotta rap about it..

NO!!!!!!!!..

this is sometimes ...all we know..
honestly..
no one wants to live the way "we" do...( i say we cause i relate)..
...not even we like the way we live...
but shit ...this is life as we know it..

not everyone can go to college...and move to the burbs..
shit most folks cant even make it past 10th grade over here..
...college aint even talkeda bout..

so....glorification????.....nah..
i would just say...
this is our life ...
and all we know...so we gotta talk about it..

50cent said it best ...when he said "...same shit a different day in the hood/ ill run away from this bitch and never come back if i could"...

no one is happy being here...but its life mayne..
for most people..

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
@ JLMACN

there's a vine line between rapping ABOUT violence and VIOLENT raps.

a rapper like Nas or Slick Rick can drop a ghetto narrative about tons of shit I've never dealt with involving guns, drugs, murder, etc. But they are simply that....stories about how things are or about how things can be in the ghetto. these types of songs I can't "relate" to, but I can listen to them and maybe understand or empathize with those who CAN relate

if you're talking about how you need a gun to survive, i can dig that. If you're talking about how many guns you have, how big they are, how they are better than everyone else's, and how cool you are simply because you have them then I'm gonna pass your record up without thinking twice

May 13, 2005
Oct 30, 2004
Damn u niggas talkin bout niggas thats slept on.....shiid niggas is sleepin hard on my nigga Rich. He been droppin since shiid i'ont know but I know i got like 16 Rich CD's thats goin hard. Rush coo' 2 and that nigga Tommy Gunn is a spitter ( peep that 8.8 pounds) .I'ont think nobody in K.C go harder than Rich. Im feelin Chop it up Click too,u can pick bout any one of them niggas outta that and they puttin tracks on blast. But to me it all come down to Rich. If its a nigga from the town I'd wont to really put us out there it gotta be Rich The Factor.....

Rich the Factor -- Black Border Brothers 2

<I shoot straight>
I can clap my shit twice
and when the paramedics arrive it a be 2 niggas on ice
<shootin straight>
not grazin no kids
issue strickly headshots, not the chest or the ribs
<nigga straight>
nickname repercussion
cuz when the fonk start jumpin Im 1st to start bustin
<shootin straight>
I spot the guy wit the gun
hit em' high in gums
and knock his grill out, 4real I
<shoot straight>
It aint no dumpin all wild
focus in on the target he the tallest in the crowd
<send em' -- straight>
to the man downstairs
4 startin static wit the Factor what u thought I waz a square
<now ya -- straight>
u gotta wake comin' up
for tryin to earn ya'self a name u cant fake comin' up
<gots ta be -- straight>
authenic to the bone
or I'll send em' through ya windsheild,aimin atcha dome

Nov 13, 2004
JayTheFactor816 said:
Damn u niggas talkin bout niggas thats slept on.....shiid niggas is sleepin hard on my nigga Rich. He been droppin since shiid i'ont know but I know i got like 16 Rich CD's thats goin hard. Rush coo' 2 and that nigga Tommy Gunn is a spitter ( peep that 8.8 pounds) .I'ont think nobody in K.C go harder than Rich. Im feelin Chop it up Click too,u can pick bout any one of them niggas outta that and they puttin tracks on blast. But to me it all come down to Rich. If its a nigga from the town I'd wont to really put us out there it gotta be Rich The Factor.....

Rich the Factor -- Black Border Brothers 2

<I shoot straight>
I can clap my shit twice
and when the paramedics arrive it a be 2 niggas on ice
<shootin straight>
not grazin no kids
issue strickly headshots, not the chest or the ribs
<nigga straight>
nickname repercussion
cuz when the fonk start jumpin Im 1st to start bustin
<shootin straight>
I spot the guy wit the gun
hit em' high in gums
and knock his grill out, 4real I
<shoot straight>
It aint no dumpin all wild
focus in on the target he the tallest in the crowd
<send em' -- straight>
to the man downstairs
4 startin static wit the Factor what u thought I waz a square
<now ya -- straight>
u gotta wake comin' up
for tryin to earn ya'self a name u cant fake comin' up
<gots ta be -- straight>
authenic to the bone
or I'll send em' through ya windsheild,aimin atcha dome
Yeah Rich is the truth. You heard the song he did with Court Dog and the one with S2theB?

Feb 5, 2005

^^ YEP, DAT SHIT GO HARD...

AN FASHO, IF U AYN FEEL'N WHUT RICH SPIT DEN SUMTHIN AYN IN U ( SUMTHIN ION EVEN WANNA SAY CUZ ITz A SHAME, LOL )....

BUT YEA, RICH A VET IN DA GAME, BOTH IN DA MIDWEST AN ON DA WESTCOAST....

ALOT OF KC/ KCK NIGGAz WANNA B HIM AN TRY 2 RAP LIKE HIM BUT DEY CANT FUQ WIT HIM....

HE A COO ASS NIGGA 2 IF U RUN INTO HIM ON DA STREET......

AN I WANNA HEAR HIM FUQ WIT SUMMO WESTCOAST ARTISTz LIKE HE USE 2 DO...

NIGGAZ LIKE HIM COULD BUT A CLOSED MOUF ON DIS KC/BAY AREA "WAR" BULLSHIT DA MEDIA HYPE'N UP....

- GEEzUz

Sep 14, 2003
JLMACN said:
^^^ that last sentence makes me luagh alittle..

....the news had people saying the same shit....about Fat Tone's (or most rappers) lyrics..
...like rappers..."love" violence...they just gotta rap about it..

NO!!!!!!!!..

this is sometimes ...all we know..
honestly..
no one wants to live the way "we" do...( i say we cause i relate)..
...not even we like the way we live...
but shit ...this is life as we know it..

not everyone can go to college...and move to the burbs..
shit most folks cant even make it past 10th grade over here..
...college aint even talkeda bout..

so....glorification????.....nah..
i would just say...
this is our life ...
and all we know...so we gotta talk about it..

50cent said it best ...when he said "...same shit a different day in the hood/ ill run away from this bitch and never come back if i could"...

no one is happy being here...but its life mayne..
for most people..

That ain't true...you can do anything you want to...I believe I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me (Phillipians 4:13)...I came from the same hoods as everybody else claimin' KC...a block off prospect...my peoples started 5-1...i'm talkin' about OGs for real...not that fake set these cats run around talkin' 5-1 about today...I'm talkin' about real 1987 Fifty-First Street Gangsters...I was a kid lookin' up to them, but when my folks went to jail doin' bids that was longer than how old i was, and the block started gettin' shot up, dope fiends doin' skanlezz stuff to put them pebbles in that dirty pipe, I saw what was really real...niggas (I don't use the term, but when I see fit to apply it to someone I do) are trapped in a mental slavery, we got more opportunities today than black people have ever had...Slaves WALKED from mississippi to canada to get free...while black people was still getting lynched, people like thurgood marshall and martin luther king jr. was out there puttin' it down for our race...now when we got access to more money and more opportunities than ever, NIGGAS are too lazy and to make our lives better...we use excuses like...'school aint for everybody' or brag on rap about poisoning our community or killin' our people...you niggas think that's how these commercial rappers live? nah, they get told what to do by the president of their record label...these niggas don't own nothin...MTV tell them what to do, VH1 and BET which are all owned by VIACOM...niggas turn albums in like term papers and get them approved...and if they don't say 'nigga' or 'bitch' enough they got to go back to the lab and add it in...so they can kill the dreams of another young black kid... you niggas be on here talkin' all hard, but i ain't never seen a gangsta on the computer...ya'll need to spend ya'll time researchin' some real stuff that's going to make a difference in your life instead of this fantasy world that these white record label owners want you to buy into...these punk rappers be on some 'i'm just reportin' what i see'...these niggas ain't reportin what they see, if they did, they would report on how messed up the school district is or how all the blacks is gettin' pushed out to the suburbs so the whites can move into the inner city...yeah, niggas ain't gon' do better until they want to do better...you niggas need to wake up...niggas get their heads took and they get put six feet...and the other nigga get six lives...coward niggas bust first, and wind up in the pen...imagine yourself 19 years old lookin' at a 20 year bid...or you on that ground lookin' up at the sky as your breath leaves your body...where will you go? It's real out here, and it's real after death, too, Jesus Christ loves you and wants you to accept him as your Lord and Savior...just open your heart to Him...and ain't nobody perfect, i know i ain't perfect...but God forgives all...Get at me...RIP to my lil' bro Duwan aka D-Bomb, Much Love to my big bro FE aka Felix Mitchell...

Nov 13, 2004
A Lil KC History

Esodericc said:
That ain't true...you can do anything you want to...I believe I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me (Phillipians 4:13)...I came from the same hoods as everybody else claimin' KC...a block off prospect...my peoples started 5-1...i'm talkin' about OGs for real...not that fake set these cats run around talkin' 5-1 about today...I'm talkin' about real 1987 Fifty-First Street Gangsters...I was a kid lookin' up to them, but when my folks went to jail doin' bids that was longer than how old i was, and the block started gettin' shot up, dope fiends doin' skanlezz stuff to put them pebbles in that dirty pipe, I saw what was really real...niggas (I don't use the term, but when I see fit to apply it to someone I do) are trapped in a mental slavery, we got more opportunities today than black people have ever had...Slaves WALKED from mississippi to canada to get free...while black people was still getting lynched, people like thurgood marshall and martin luther king jr. was out there puttin' it down for our race...now when we got access to more money and more opportunities than ever, NIGGAS are too lazy and to make our lives better...we use excuses like...'school aint for everybody' or brag on rap about poisoning our community or killin' our people...you niggas think that's how these commercial rappers live? nah, they get told what to do by the president of their record label...these niggas don't own nothin...MTV tell them what to do, VH1 and BET which are all owned by VIACOM...niggas turn albums in like term papers and get them approved...and if they don't say 'nigga' or 'bitch' enough they got to go back to the lab and add it in...so they can kill the dreams of another young black kid... you niggas be on here talkin' all hard, but i ain't never seen a gangsta on the computer...ya'll need to spend ya'll time researchin' some real stuff that's going to make a difference in your life instead of this fantasy world that these white record label owners want you to buy into...these punk rappers be on some 'i'm just reportin' what i see'...these niggas ain't reportin what they see, if they did, they would report on how messed up the school district is or how all the blacks is gettin' pushed out to the suburbs so the whites can move into the inner city...yeah, niggas ain't gon' do better until they want to do better...you niggas need to wake up...niggas get their heads took and they get put six feet...and the other nigga get six lives...coward niggas bust first, and wind up in the pen...imagine yourself 19 years old lookin' at a 20 year bid...or you on that ground lookin' up at the sky as your breath leaves your body...where will you go? It's real out here, and it's real after death, too, Jesus Christ loves you and wants you to accept him as your Lord and Savior...just open your heart to Him...and ain't nobody perfect, i know i ain't perfect...but God forgives all...Get at me...RIP to my lil' bro Duwan aka D-Bomb, Much Love to my big bro FE aka Felix Mitchell...
Dang! This is one of the most intelligent posts I've seen up here and he is right for the most part. I remember 5-1 back in the late 80's early 90's. Shit I remember niggaz gettin peeled at the Party House, I remember when One Way rim store was on 47th and Prospect before all the highways and shit, I remember 6-duece Brim, the 69th St Rogue Dogs when they had fixed up chevy Chevettes, I remember Ron Ron and Tet Tet in they Suzukis wit hella thump, I remember Chipper, I remember Reese with the black Chevy Malibu station wagon with MMM There it is on the side, I remember the Dunns, The Dunlaps, I can remember when SouthSide Posse and 5-1 had an alliance, I remember the crap house accross the street from Bee's Liquor on 45th and Prospect, I remember Joe Loony's up on 3-9, 6902, Jimmy's used to pop off, I remember when Rich The Factor was just Young Rich and he had a purple bluish 4 door BMW with some 14x7 goldback daytons and this was like 89' or 90' doin it big, I remember when SouthSide Posse put out that blue tape in like 89 or 90 str8 bangin on wax, I remember Pure Dope, I remember Fo Tray, 7-five, 12th St, 10th St, hell I can even remember it was the shit to be at Skateland. Man them was the days. Remember when niggaz was jacking for starter coats? Remember when Central High school look like a big ass brick castle, actually Paseo did too. Can anybody remember what KC looked like before the Highways, I actually liked it better then. Remember when Mc Donalds was on 28th and Prospect and remember the Mc Donalds on 47th and Swope Parkway? Remember it was the shit when you was a kid to go and get in that dirty ass water in Freedom Fountain? Remember before they built the Citadel it was a lake there. Remember when Bannister Mall was the shit, remember Jeans West in the Landing? Please believe I am Kansas City to the HEART! I remember when you HAD to go to Gates on 12th St before they built the one on 47th St. Not the new one but the first one on 47th. Just a lil history lesson for the youngsters, but in regards to what he said as far as these rappers, I agree that most of them are pussy but this music is entertainment. We cant expect these rappers to save the world. Its parents job to educate and motivate not an entertainer.

Nov 2, 2003
Whats iz it,shit cuddies on here speaking the real shit back in the days niggas banging hard,I remember when this smoker ran off with my New York Giants Stater jacket and my fam chassed him down and mopped this nigga on 47th & Troost,and some folks tried to tell us to stop they had us fucked up.And one day this smoker stole my cuzzins super intendo and ran through so folks house and jumped off the porch and I slept cuzz when he jumped off the porch then my cuzzins stumped his head.But the 80's and 90's was bangin hard.

Sep 14, 2003
i remember them days....ya'll don't know nuthin' about Bingham Jr. High...that's that lick right there...i remember Juneteenth when it was at swope park...that was the official kick off to summer...it would be so thick out there...i also remember all them cats goin from 30s and vouges...to 13x7s to 17s to 18s...to 20s and up...they used to ride old schools hard...then when it the game got stepped up...they started ridin'...escalades...i remember the summer of 2000, it seemed like everybody copped an escalade...McDonald's on 59th...when parker square used to be all bad...i mean when the northend was really bad...fec and summer jobs...i remeber when Bannister and the landing used to be the spots...i remember all that...i remember also all the people lost...takin' Ls to cells and shells...i don't buy that stuff about it's the parent's responsiblity though...yeah, of course it's their responsiblity, but we all know that a lot of parents ain't responsible...God put us here to care for and watch out for one another...so for real, we our or brother's kepers...ya'll need to get up on the essay by W.E.B. DuBois called the TALENTED TENTH...he's talkin' about how the top educated and or wealthy/ powerful 10% of blacks need to help the other 90% get to the top...he wrote it in like 1909 and it's still relevant today...most races do it...African's pool their money and help each other out...Jews, Caucasians...etc...when the mafia was goin' hard back in the day, they wouldn't sell dope...in their communities...they would sell it to the brothers, because they know how dope tears a community up...you don't believe me, check it out...that's how a couple of dons got their heads took because they were dealin' in drugs...the point is, we are responsible for each other, like it or not...rap ain't entertainment...it's real...movies written by someone else are entertainment, but raps written connect to people because they live it everyday...these rappers be bullin' talkin' about they ain't role models, but they are...that's why they get lucrative endorsment deals because people look up to them and want to rock the gear they rock, drive the loads they drive and on and on...right or wrong, when you get in the spotlight, you become a role model, and it's become their responsiblity to act accordingly...rappers set the tone for the world...now granted everybody ain't fit to be a role model because a lot of these guys got the same messed up mentalities they had before but now, they can put it on the radio for 5 and six year olds to hear, but they are still role models...i've been blessed to leave KC and see how other black people live and do it in their communities...we are WAY behind...it's time to step our game up on a cohesive front, and take back our community from niggas who want to destroy us with the pistola or the crackola...and the occupying force in the hood call the police...you niggas need to get on the police force and become prosecutors and judges so we can administer some fairness in judges toward or folks...my littles cuzz got a 20 year bid for one armed robbery with a bb gun...1st offense...that's fair? we can cuss and complain about it all we want, but until we turn to God and pray and get in the game, and make things happen instead of letting things happen to us, we'll always lose...holla atcha dude

See cuzz I speak truth
had to turn them streets loose
too many homiez gettin they head split
or head-ed
to the deep boot,
that's in Potosi, Cameron or Boonvilla
they go toe to toe in a box to wound killas
no staps homie
just sharpen up utensils,
plastic forks and pencils
give your torso demples...

Nov 13, 2004
Esodericc said:
i remember them days....ya'll don't know nuthin' about Bingham Jr. High...that's that lick right there...i remember Juneteenth when it was at swope park...that was the official kick off to summer...it would be so thick out there...i also remember all them cats goin from 30s and vouges...to 13x7s to 17s to 18s...to 20s and up...they used to ride old schools hard...then when it the game got stepped up...they started ridin'...escalades...i remember the summer of 2000, it seemed like everybody copped an escalade...McDonald's on 59th...when parker square used to be all bad...i mean when the northend was really bad...fec and summer jobs...i remeber when Bannister and the landing used to be the spots...i remember all that...i remember also all the people lost...takin' Ls to cells and shells...i don't buy that stuff about it's the parent's responsiblity though...yeah, of course it's their responsiblity, but we all know that a lot of parents ain't responsible...God put us here to care for and watch out for one another...so for real, we our or brother's kepers...ya'll need to get up on the essay by W.E.B. DuBois called the TALENTED TENTH...he's talkin' about how the top educated and or wealthy/ powerful 10% of blacks need to help the other 90% get to the top...he wrote it in like 1909 and it's still relevant today...most races do it...African's pool their money and help each other out...Jews, Caucasians...etc...when the mafia was goin' hard back in the day, they wouldn't sell dope...in their communities...they would sell it to the brothers, because they know how dope tears a community up...you don't believe me, check it out...that's how a couple of dons got their heads took because they were dealin' in drugs...the point is, we are responsible for each other, like it or not...rap ain't entertainment...it's real...movies written by someone else are entertainment, but raps written connect to people because they live it everyday...these rappers be bullin' talkin' about they ain't role models, but they are...that's why they get lucrative endorsment deals because people look up to them and want to rock the gear they rock, drive the loads they drive and on and on...right or wrong, when you get in the spotlight, you become a role model, and it's become their responsiblity to act accordingly...rappers set the tone for the world...now granted everybody ain't fit to be a role model because a lot of these guys got the same messed up mentalities they had before but now, they can put it on the radio for 5 and six year olds to hear, but they are still role models...i've been blessed to leave KC and see how other black people live and do it in their communities...we are WAY behind...it's time to step our game up on a cohesive front, and take back our community from niggas who want to destroy us with the pistola or the crackola...and the occupying force in the hood call the police...you niggas need to get on the police force and become prosecutors and judges so we can administer some fairness in judges toward or folks...my littles cuzz got a 20 year bid for one armed robbery with a bb gun...1st offense...that's fair? we can cuss and complain about it all we want, but until we turn to God and pray and get in the game, and make things happen instead of letting things happen to us, we'll always lose...holla atcha dude

See cuzz I speak truth
had to turn them streets loose
too many homiez gettin they head split
or head-ed
to the deep boot,
that's in Potosi, Cameron or Boonvilla
they go toe to toe in a box to wound killas
no staps homie
just sharpen up utensils,
plastic forks and pencils
give your torso demples...
I mean...I'd be lying if I said you didnt have a point and you make no sense, but in a perfect world the things you are saying would be beautiful but unfortunately we have to deal with reality. In my opinion if a youngster can decipher the difference between a Terminator movie and reality then they can sure ass hell see thru a 50cent rap. I have kids, actually a pre-teen and he listens to un edited rap and he is not tryin to emulate shit cuz I've taught him that hey that is entertainment and if it is "Real" then that is the rappers reality not yours.

Sep 14, 2003
word...but reality is we do get influenced by what we take in...all of us, not just kids...that's why these e-gangters be on here fonkin' over this and that artist because they take this stuff for real...the saying goes, you are what you eat...in a literal sense, you are what you read, hear and see...for instance...in 92, wasn't nobody smokin' weed as much as they are now...and you can trace that back to Dre's Chronic album...that made it cool to smoke...what ever you constantly take in that's what mentality you develop, you might not take it as far as some people but you still develop traits and characteristics of whatever it is...you tell a race of people for so long they are stupid, and won't make anything out of themselves, eventually, they'll buy into it, even if it ain't true...repetition makes habits...but if you take the same group of people and tell them how wonderful and smart they are, they gon' start believing it...there are a lot of weak minded individuals who believe what they hear and see without doing any outside investigations of their own...LOOK AT THE 2000 and 2004 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS...you can't look at something or hear something over and over again and not be affected by it in one way or the other, that's just the human mind...try listening to gospel music and reading and watching positive things for 30 days, you will have a change of perspective...it may be large, or it may be small, but there's going to be a change...humans take 30 days to develop a habit...adults and kids...but most kids are far more impressionable than adults...bottom line is, rap is an awesome tool that could be used to broaden our (the race's) horizons and uplift us, but because of record company owners, advertisers, producers and artists, it is used to demean and degrade our women, kids and men, perpetuating negative stereotypes that will lead to the destruction of our people...and don't get it twisted i've been spittin and appreciating the craft since i was a kid...from Whodini and Run-DMC, grand master flash, Kurtis Blow, NWA, Ice Cube, DOC to e-40 and the click, C-Bo, Nas, Ras Kass, Mac Dre, Rich the Factor, of course YOUNG FE, even TI, Eightball & MJG, UGK on and on...but the music promotes drug use, which could lead to dependency or make it hard for us to get jobs because we gon' drop dirty...it promotes criminal acts that will lead to us gettin' locked up or gettin' labeled as felons which makes it hard for us to function in society...it promotes animosity between each other...a brother would never sell a true brother dope to kill him...and man wouldn't dog his sister out call her a bitch and leave her with his seed...it sex which has turned AIDS into an epidemic in the black community...just think about where we gon' be in 30 years...between AIDS, drugs, and jail, we are gon' be extinct for real...we dyin' slowly and don't nobody care...that's whats up