Who and what city in the bay is holdin it down the hardest!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2006
the music industry is coming back to the bay, what city and set is holding it down for the bay and what artists...? Young and old..

Aug 20, 2005
in my opinion nobody fuckin with Fab or Bailey or the TEAM.... real talk. they make da best all around songz off top.

Aug 20, 2005
FAB and the TEAM from oakland so that adds to the list of keak, yuk, too short, o yea and hammer. but the best rapper out of the town is dru down, i can still remember when i...

Nov 14, 2005
THE WHOLE DAMN YAY Everybody holdin this shit down playa,, from The Sco The Town Tha V The Rich and everything in between damn even pittsburg doin they thang..Everybody in the yay even these lil cities got talent ain't funna knock no city in the bay cuz we all from the same soil..Yadamean

Mar 13, 2005
jotti said:
FAB and the TEAM from oakland so that adds to the list of keak, yuk, too short, o yea and hammer. but the best rapper out of the town is dru down, i can still remember when i...
yea dd was spittin can u feel me... that was the shit

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i dunno, but real talk-

its either St. Helena or healdsburg, with calistoga straight behind.

everyones just gonna say whatever town theyre from. how do u gauge this sort of bullshit?

edit: wait, i think i know, just find the "Top 25 most dangerous cities in the US" list from like 2001 and argue about who said "hyphy" first, and then u'll have ur answer.

Apr 7, 2004
the whole bay got it...but San Francisco has more artists than you even know. Everybody spits different and that's the reason why most cats is unheard..because you know in the bay if you sound any different than whats out in the bay you are a black sheep alien of some sort who shouldn't even try to rap. your shit don't slap if you got your own style out here. you know how bay cats think..but really it's the listeners...becuase an artists really knows if someone is tight..theyusually just keep it moving most of the time and show no interest because they ain't reached where they really wanna be and don't need the next new tight cat blockin....feel.

Aug 20, 2005
well right now my favorites aside from 40/keak/quin of course ARE :

bailey, fab, rydah j. klyde, turf talk....i think dem majors need to sign team pronto, and sign fab or turf talk too... real talk they are some starz in the making.

Jul 11, 2005
Everybody is just going to holla out where they from..

but imma still say the town cuz we got more legends then any other city in the bay and the team, fab, yuk, keak still holding it down.

right now aint no city holding it down in a major way anyway.

Sep 2, 2005
www.allcitycinemas.net
oakland started all this independant shit and if it wasnt for vallejo i dont think there would be a hyphy movement, both cities played there part and are still doin it, i dont think oaklands runnin shit and i dont think vallejos runnin shit, as far as old artists its oakland but they aint got to many good young artists same with vallejo and sf is the only city not doin hyphy shit, so it all balances out, no one city is holdin the bay down

Jul 11, 2005
AllCityDAO said:
oakland started all this independant shit and if it wasnt for vallejo i dont think there would be a hyphy movement, both cities played there part and are still doin it, i dont think oaklands runnin shit and i dont think vallejos runnin shit, as far as old artists its oakland but they aint got to many good young artists same with vallejo and sf is the only city not doin hyphy shit, so it all balances out, no one city is holdin the bay down
but what city in the bay has ?

Jul 11, 2005
AllCityDAO said:
for young artists,not to many, but id say richmond,sf and epa
there is definetily a lack of young good artists in the bay period.. look at all the cities in the bay and each city has only like 2 or 3 good youngstaz puttin down it should be way more..